Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Clint Hewitt (WalkSoftly33) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale New England
About Me I have lived in NY, CT, MA and now ME.

Areas I have hiked in:
2011: CA, Little Yosemite Valley, Local Maine Hills, Katahdin (2x)
2010: NOBO AT Thru Hike
2009: NY Bear Mt and Coldspring
2008: NY- CatSkills

Thru the years I have hit NH- White Mountains, MA- Mt. Everett, Mt. Grey Lock multiple times.

My pack weight has come along way...I think I remember years ago something about a game of horseshoes set...
CityBiddeford
StateME
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListCurrent AT - Set up

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Clint Hewitt

Showing 141 - 150 of 254 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: History
(by the way it isn't true that humans are unique in terms of farming and agriculture. Many kinds of social insects have done it far longer than we have, notably ants and termites and bees. Othe...

In Philosophy & Technique » Ketogenic diet as a way to lighten pack?
December 01, 11:25am

Re: Re: MLIFE Annual Contribution Recognition.
edit: duplicate post

In Chaff » New MLife Benefits?
December 01, 2:37am

Roger This is true, $100 is not that much in the scheme of things, for what you are getting to be a part of. Also Considering it cost me $70 to fill my gas tank. Still if more people could be en...

December 01, 2:35am

Food, Control and Understanding
This has me thinking about control. This struggle we have to understand. I feel as though all of our "knowledge" has only gotten us further away from understanding. Take our current di...

December 01, 12:48am

Weight loss Female thrus
Piper In 2010, all but one of the female AT thru hikers I met ether gained weight or stayed the same. Granted that is not nearly as big of a demographic as the males but still it is a data pool....

November 30, 11:55pm

Re: History
Luke Time was not the reason hunter gathers did not invent stuff. They most likely had more free time them we do. It is really about control. What is technology but controlling our environment....

November 30, 11:51pm

Douglas Yes my "example" did use a zero year baseline for MLifers buying in, still does not change the point I was making. Not sure I see my logic being faulty. It is just different...

November 30, 10:47pm

MLIFE Annual Contribution Recognition.
I'm coming up on my third year of renewal, yet if I want to become an MLIFE member it will still cost me $100 additionally, doesn't really make sense to me. I am slightly at a loss on how t...

November 30, 4:58pm

Re: running and training
Congrats on your weight loss. :) Form is important. You are already running barefoot so that is a start. Few things I have found helpful, (just ran my first 5k last may) was reading up on the...

In Chaff » running
November 30, 2:13pm

All profitable companies are not evil
This issue is complex there is not one "right way" to view it. But one distinction that I do not hear this gentleman make, and I do not hear the Occupiers making is the distinction bet...

In Chaff » Editorial on Occupy Wall Street
November 22, 4:45pm

All Reader Reviews by Clint Hewitt

Clint Hewitt has posted no reviews.