Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ryan Smith (ViolentGreen) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Southeast
About Me Ryan Smith has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ryan Smith

Showing 141 - 150 of 1321 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...133

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: SUL Cuben Summit Tarp: rain/wind bomber?
That thing should shed wind like a champ. Very low profile and little surface area. Glad you're pushing the envelope. Is that .51oz or .74oz cuben? Ryan

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » SUL Cuben Summit Tarp: rain/wind bomber?
December 29, 11:08am

Re: Re: Jetboil - what is the absolute lightest Jetboil configuration?
"And you could lose 1.5 ounces by going to a Monatauk Gnat burner. (Is there a lighter burner out there?)" That BRS burner is 25 grams. Ryan

In GEAR » Jetboil - what is the absolute lightest Jetboil configuration?
December 28, 2:54pm

Re: Re: Robic
Yep, ULA and SMD use it also. To my knowledge, it's only available from the factory at their MOQs. Ryan

In Make Your Own Gear » Robic fabric source?
December 23, 6:14pm

Re: Vehicle Recomendations
Those Subarus are cool, but quality is suspect and gas mileage isn't that great due to the AWD system and its accompanying weight. What about a Honda Fit? Honda quality, 5 doors, and cheap a...

In Chaff » Vehicle Recomendations
December 22, 1:53pm

Re: Z-packs stick on loop patch strength?
Really only strong enough for hanging net tents and mid-panel guy outs. Ryan

In Make Your Own Gear » Z-packs stick on loop patch strength?
December 22, 1:30pm

Re: Re: Rethinking EB Karkoram 0 sleeping bag
" there have been quite a few responses and threads on BPL over the years, and quite spirited discussion when it was pointed out that the WM summerlite is en-rated (mens) to ~35F ... when its ...

In GEAR » Rethinking EB Karkoram 0 sleeping bag
December 21, 3:14pm

Re: Is this an improvement or nonsense?
IIRC Zpacks puts their cinch cord further back on that last baffle instead of at the end too. So this probably works fine. Maybe someone will jump in. Ryan

In GEAR » Is this an improvement or nonsense?
December 19, 3:16pm

Re: 1.1oz non dwr Bivy?
A bivy needs a DWR for most uses. I think DIYgearsupply has some for about $3.00/yd. Be tough to find any cheaper than that. Ryan

In Make Your Own Gear » 1.1oz non dwr Bivy?
December 19, 10:48am

Re: Re: MH Plasmic
"Got the Plasmic yesterday. Too short in the torso and arms" Weird. I wonder if the cut is different between the SL Plasmic and the Plasmic. I wear a 36/37" sleeve length and the ...

In GEAR » Too many choices, rain jackets
December 19, 10:26am

Re: Re: Re: Advice from long distance walkers....
"This seems to me like the kind of thinking of somebody who really needs to get away on a long hike" If I'm on here posting, I'm in need of a long hike! Seriously though, I...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Advice from long distance walkers....
December 17, 4:35pm

All Reader Reviews by Ryan Smith

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

ULA Ohm
I've had an Ohm for about a year now and have taken it on a few trips. It's very comfortable provided that you keep it in the weight range it's designed for. When carrying 20-25 lbs it car...

In Backpacks - Frameless
September 10, 5:36pm