BPL Community Profile

Ryan Smith (ViolentGreen) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Southeast
About Me Ryan Smith has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ryan Smith

Showing 141 - 150 of 1091 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...110

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Help with SketchUp plugins
Thanks David! The Flatten Faces plugin seems to work pretty well. It does split apart the object and lay all the panels flat. Thanks for your help. Now I need to figure out how to print this thing ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Help with SketchUp plugins
June 20, 5:37am

Re: Re: Help with SketchUp plugins
Hi David, That would be terrific. Your 2012 Sketchup article is what made me finally give SketchUp a try. I run Windows. Ryan

June 18, 7:08pm

Help with SketchUp plugins
Hi everyone, I've been playing with Sketchup 2014 the last few weeks and it's pretty cool. However, for whatever reason I can't figure out plugins. For example, downloaded Flattery r...

June 18, 4:59pm

Re: Re: ZPACKS footbox question
Ian, My Zpacks bag is actually a little long. If it fit like a normal bag I can definitely see the down being compressed in the footbox. I think it's designed for side sleeping only. Ryan

In GEAR » Thinking of ditching WM Ultralite 20 for ZPacks 20 Bag. Good idea or not?
June 17, 4:06pm

Re: Dad
Dad and I didn't get along very well after my parents split when I was 10yrs old. He felt inclined to tell us kids how terrible our mother was, and I felt inclined to disagree with him. Nonethe...

In Chaff » Dad
June 16, 8:41pm

Re: Thinking of ditching WM Ultralite 20 for ZPacks 20 Bag. Good idea or not?
I had a WM Ultralite 20 Long and changed to a Zpacks 20 XXL/XW about 6 mos ago. The WM is a terrific bag, but I wanted a little less weight and the hoodless design. This is how they stack up for me...

In GEAR » Thinking of ditching WM Ultralite 20 for ZPacks 20 Bag. Good idea or not?
June 16, 4:28pm

Re: New guy introduction
Glad to have you here. We've all got several of those horror stories, and often a thread comes up where everyone relives them. Good stuff Ryan

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » New guy introduction
June 13, 10:30pm

Re: MontBell Tachyon Anorak owners, size question.
6'5" 205lbs here...XL fits great. I would go with a Large at your size. Ryan

In GEAR » MontBell Tachyon Anorak owners, size question.
June 13, 10:25pm

Re: Re: Re: The case for impeachment
Justin, I agree with pretty much your whole post except the below. What are your thoughts on the Fed? "Dismantle the Federal Reserve and re-institute gold standard" Ryan

In Chaff » The case for impeachment (and why I think it will never happen).
June 10, 11:01am

Re: What percentage of BPL gear posts do you think are "holy grail" related?
It's a lot. I guess that's what drives gear makers to continue improving though. Our constant desire for lighter, cheaper and more durable. Ryan

In GEAR » What percentage of BPL gear posts do you think are "holy grail" related?
June 09, 3:30pm

All Reader Reviews by Ryan Smith

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

ULA Ohm
I've had an Ohm for about a year now and have taken it on a few trips. It's very comfortable provided that you keep it in the weight range it's designed for. When carrying 20-25 lbs it car...

In Backpacks - Frameless
September 10, 5:36pm