BPL Community Profile

Ryan Smith (ViolentGreen) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Southeast
About Me Ryan Smith has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ryan Smith

Showing 141 - 150 of 1027 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...103

Forum » Thread

Re: Bundy......not the sharpest tool in the shed, but he still deserves a place in the tool box.
"Ryan, I agree 100% with what you said here about the slaves topic. But don't confuse the issue that people might be defending Bundy, not because they agree with his statements, but becaus...

In Chaff » Bundy......A True American Hero?
April 26, 9:55pm

Re: Re: Any reason to buy a cuben fiber ULA Circuit over a HMG Windrider 3400?
Matthew, Did you end up going with the Windrider or the Circuit w/ cuben hybrid? What is your opinion now? I am facing this same decision and it's a tough one. I want an all black pack which...

In GEAR » Any reason to buy a cuben fiber ULA Circuit over a HMG Windrider 3400?
April 26, 8:51pm

Just an idiot
Bundy's rant didn't strike me as racist by how I typically think of it, only extremely stupid. African Americans were better off as slaves because they could grow turnips with their familie...

In Chaff » Bundy......A True American Hero?
April 26, 7:04am

Re: Transparent shirt
Wanted to jump in here and & say that I also bought this shirt recently. XL comes in at 3.5oz. It's nice and long which is rare in most XL shirts. Breathes VERY well. P.S. - Mine is brig...

In GEAR » Outdoor Research Echo t-shirt
April 26, 6:22am

Re: Re: Footbox
My preference if not using drawstrings is also a round/oval end piece sewn in. Very easy to do and functional. Sewn straight across is tight on my feet unless sleeping on my side which I don't...

In Make Your Own Gear » Sewn footbox design
April 25, 10:47am

Re: Congrats
Congrats on the new baby Lawson! I hope everything turns out well for baby and Mama. Ryan

In GEAR » Is Lawson Equipment on vacation?
April 25, 5:28am

Re: Zebralight burn times?
Glenn, I've had good luck with ZL's run time estimates, but I use Energizer Ultimates instead of Eneloops. For me, it's very noticeable when the light hits the downhill and starts dy...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » What headlamp do you use?
April 23, 11:12am

Re: Smokies
+2 to Ben's recommendation. That really is the best loop in the Smokies in my opinion. We stayed at Cosby Knob shelter on night 1, then down to the Balsam Mtn trail, and over to Laurel Gap Shel...

In Pre-Trip Planning » The Great Smoky Mountains: Need some route ideas
April 22, 7:45pm

Re: Individual buying decsions
Thanks for doing this Richard. These tests really help us make informed decisions. Ryan

In GEAR » Arc'teryx Squamish
April 19, 6:29am

Re: Y'all listen up, now.
"Checkmate" -- Out of all of them, that one made me laugh the most for some reason. lol The South will rise again! Ryan

In Philosophy & Technique » Wild Camping in the US - advice for an Englishman, please!
April 18, 3:31pm

All Reader Reviews by Ryan Smith

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

ULA Ohm
I've had an Ohm for about a year now and have taken it on a few trips. It's very comfortable provided that you keep it in the weight range it's designed for. When carrying 20-25 lbs it car...

In Backpacks - Frameless
September 10, 5:36pm