BPL Community Profile

Ryan Smith (ViolentGreen) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Southeast
About Me Ryan Smith has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ryan Smith

Showing 141 - 150 of 1088 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...109

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: ZPACKS footbox question
Ian, My Zpacks bag is actually a little long. If it fit like a normal bag I can definitely see the down being compressed in the footbox. I think it's designed for side sleeping only. Ryan

In GEAR » Thinking of ditching WM Ultralite 20 for ZPacks 20 Bag. Good idea or not?
June 17, 4:06pm

Re: Dad
Dad and I didn't get along very well after my parents split when I was 10yrs old. He felt inclined to tell us kids how terrible our mother was, and I felt inclined to disagree with him. Nonethe...

In Chaff » Dad
June 16, 8:41pm

Re: Thinking of ditching WM Ultralite 20 for ZPacks 20 Bag. Good idea or not?
I had a WM Ultralite 20 Long and changed to a Zpacks 20 XXL/XW about 6 mos ago. The WM is a terrific bag, but I wanted a little less weight and the hoodless design. This is how they stack up for me...

In GEAR » Thinking of ditching WM Ultralite 20 for ZPacks 20 Bag. Good idea or not?
June 16, 4:28pm

Re: New guy introduction
Glad to have you here. We've all got several of those horror stories, and often a thread comes up where everyone relives them. Good stuff Ryan

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » New guy introduction
June 13, 10:30pm

Re: MontBell Tachyon Anorak owners, size question.
6'5" 205lbs here...XL fits great. I would go with a Large at your size. Ryan

In GEAR » MontBell Tachyon Anorak owners, size question.
June 13, 10:25pm

Re: Re: Re: The case for impeachment
Justin, I agree with pretty much your whole post except the below. What are your thoughts on the Fed? "Dismantle the Federal Reserve and re-institute gold standard" Ryan

In Chaff » The case for impeachment (and why I think it will never happen).
June 10, 11:01am

Re: What percentage of BPL gear posts do you think are "holy grail" related?
It's a lot. I guess that's what drives gear makers to continue improving though. Our constant desire for lighter, cheaper and more durable. Ryan

In GEAR » What percentage of BPL gear posts do you think are "holy grail" related?
June 09, 3:30pm

Re: WTB: 800+ FP Down
Stephan, I have some. Shoot me a PM with specifics. Ryan

In Gear Swap » WTB: 800+ FP Down
June 08, 3:45pm

Re: Which Luke's Rain Jacket for Virginia AT in Early October
Dri Ducks. But if it must be from that list, the Pertex shell. Ryan

In GEAR » Which Luke's Rain Jacket for Virginia AT in Early October
June 07, 7:55pm

Re: eVent and Neo
The MH Super Light Plasmic is a nice eVent 2.5L jacket at 7.7oz. You can great deals on them occasionally. I got mine for about $80 off Amazon. The weight is similar to the other offerings and the ...

In GEAR » What's the lightest, most breathable shell there is?
June 07, 9:02am

All Reader Reviews by Ryan Smith

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

ULA Ohm
I've had an Ohm for about a year now and have taken it on a few trips. It's very comfortable provided that you keep it in the weight range it's designed for. When carrying 20-25 lbs it car...

In Backpacks - Frameless
September 10, 5:36pm