BPL Community Profile

Ryan Smith (ViolentGreen) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Southeast
About Me Ryan Smith has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ryan Smith

Showing 141 - 150 of 987 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...99

Forum » Thread

Re: device chargers that use lithium AA's
Adam, I use a similar setup to the below and it comes in at ~7oz. If you don't need that much capacity, you can take only 1-2 18650's or get a battery bank that only fits 1 or 2. ht...

In GEAR » device chargers that use lithium AA's
March 27, 8:20pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Seam sealer WEIGHT?
"I'm not a textiles expert, Ryan, but your example may be apples/oranges. I suspect the weight of shell fabrics for bags (or Cuben, in the case of zPacks shelters) is far more predictable ...

In GEAR » Seam sealing weight gain?
March 27, 7:43pm

Re: Re: Re: Seam sealer WEIGHT?
Aaron, BPL has had this conversation a few times before. It always falls into the "care vs don't care" debate as this thread has. Myself- I care. Dishonest? Unethical? I dont wa...

In GEAR » Seam sealing weight gain?
March 27, 11:25am

Re: re: Perils of stealth camping, hiking, or even jogging in the US
"Tazers are iffy weapons in that they can trigger heart attacks and other fatal trauma. Most police departments have strong restrictions on their use, even when allowed." They can caus...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Perils of stealth camping, hiking, or even jogging in the US
March 26, 4:58pm

Re: Re: Perils of stealth camping, hiking, or even jogging in the US
I realize its easy to play arm-chair quarterback from the comfort of my home, but wouldnt a taser have stopped that whole ordeal about 2:58hrs before he was shot? Did they only have AR-15s and fla...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Perils of stealth camping, hiking, or even jogging in the US
March 26, 12:08pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: What jacket to buy?
Sweet. I think you will like the Montbell jacket. The Paclite membrane is very durable & waterproof in my experience. I literally had that jacket in the cart & ready to buy, but found a MH...

In GEAR » What jacket to buy?
March 26, 11:15am

Re: Re: Re: Libbers rule teabaggers drool blah blah blah blah
"While not perfect, I genuinely love our National Parks. I've never had a bad encounter with their staff or rangers and I think overall, they are truly passionate about what they do. I thi...

In Chaff » The GOP (The Party For The Unstable) Hate National Parks Too
March 24, 7:44pm

Re: Re: Re: Hope your day went better than mine!!!
Man. The picture of the tip just wrecked my world. Stomach....must keep it together.... Ryan

In Chaff » Hope your day went better than mine!!!
March 24, 11:09am

Re: What jacket to buy?
The OR Helium 2 fits the bill for light weight, however it can wet out in prolonged rain. You didn't mention your budget, but the Zpacks jacket is about the lightest thing going. Also, check ou...

In GEAR » What jacket to buy?
March 23, 7:47pm

Re: tuck and roll
Ben is correct. Each corner has stake out loops to give it a rectangle shape, and then elastic to draw it snug under your pad. Ryan

In Gear Swap » Sea To Summit Nano Pyramid Mosquito Net Shelter Single with Insect Shield, 2.9 oz
March 23, 4:29pm

All Reader Reviews by Ryan Smith

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

ULA Ohm
I've had an Ohm for about a year now and have taken it on a few trips. It's very comfortable provided that you keep it in the weight range it's designed for. When carrying 20-25 lbs it car...

In Backpacks - Frameless
September 10, 5:36pm