BPL Community Profile

Tony Wong (Valshar) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale San Francisco Bay Area
About Me Tony Wong has not added a biography yet.
CityEast Bay
StateCA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tony Wong

Showing 141 - 150 of 1456 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...146

Forum » Thread

Re: Wet weather shelter
Edward, Thanks for sharing your sights and letting me know that you use a ground sheet with a Mid. The DuoMid definitely would have more room for sure. Interesting, the MLD eVent bivy that...

In GEAR » Wet Weather Shelter Philosophy
October 22, 5:12pm

Groundsheet or Bivy in a Mid in the Heavy Rain?
Great discussion and wonderful to get the collective wisdom from everyone. I've been using a tarp and bivy for while and like it, but during a 12-13 hour rain storm at the base camp below Mt...

In GEAR » Wet Weather Shelter Philosophy
October 21, 5:42pm

Re: Re: Dry a Sawyer in the microwave?
+1 On what John said. What I do with my 1st generation, black sawyer filter is to suck the water out of it from the clean side, as much as I can. I can shake the filter to get anything else o...

In GEAR » Dry a Sawyer in the microwave?
October 17, 5:41pm

Re: What to do at the GGG
Ian, It is a blast in that you have the instant ice breaker to start a conversation with anyone....gear, backpacking trips you have taken, asking for suggestions for places to go, conversations ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 6th Annual G.G.G. 1/24-26 2014
October 14, 7:17pm

What to do at the GGG
Ian, Most people will end up staying in camp the whole time making new friends and saying hello to old one. A lot of show and tell with the manufatures, checking out other people's gear, ...

October 14, 4:36pm

Re: 6th Annual G.G.G. 1/24-26 2014
Ken, What is the capacity this year? Tony

October 11, 12:38pm

Re: Finally making the jump to a tarp/bivy set up
Paul, Pretty solid setup that should do you fine in most conditions....generous tarp size for bad weather. Does the Borah taps have metal grommet for hiking pole tips to go into them? I fi...

In GEAR » Finally making the jump to a tarp/bivy set up
October 07, 1:29pm

Re: MLD Exodus Full Suspension No Longer Available?
Just and update. I emailed Ron last last night and he replied early this morning: HI We are looking to do a few updates on it for 2014. Thanks, Ron Bell Design Minister / Chief Ha...

In GEAR » MLD Exodus Full Suspension No Longer Available?
September 26, 1:16pm

MLD Exodus Full Suspension No Longer Available?
I was just over at the MLD website and noticed that the Exodus FS was no longer listed for sale. Anyone know anything about this? My friend, Jeremy, has one and it carried like a dream on a 1...

In GEAR » MLD Exodus Full Suspension No Longer Available?
September 25, 11:48pm

Re: Ron is Great
Max, Ask Ron if he still has silnylon 2.0 that he can use for your floor, which is stronger and will resist punctures better. I have Ron's 2008 eVent Soul Side Zip Bivy with the 2.0 silny...

In GEAR » Is anyone making eVent bivy's anymore?
September 25, 2:49pm

All Reader Reviews by Tony Wong

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Platypus Hoser 1.8 Liter Reservoir
For those of us who enjoy the convenience of of having a sip of water on demand, this is an easy way to save some weight with few negatives. The only negatives for me is the bite valve that comes w...

In Hydration - Water Storage Containers
June 29, 6:09pm

Marmot Helium (long)
I have the 2007 Model of the Marmot Helium EQ, which differs from the regular Helium in two ways. It has a full length zipper and the shell is waterproof. Weight is listed as 2 lbs 2 oz vs. 1 lb...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
June 29, 5:29pm

Sunday Afternoon Adventure hat
How can I count the ways that I love this hat? I have been using this hat for 7 years from completely re-landscaping my yard for 2.5 yrs as well as for backpacking trips. I love that it provides...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
June 29, 5:12pm

Mountain Laurel Designs Soul Bivy Side Zip (eVent Top)
Mountain Laurel Designs Soul Bivy Side Zip with eVent top, Silnylon 2.0 bottom, built in hoop wire, regular size, but in the wide option, which allows for a sleeping pad thicker than 1". Weig...

In Shelters - Bivy Sacks
June 01, 10:39pm

Sawyer In-Line Filter
Pros: Light Weight, Field Cleanable by backwashing, No Chemicals, No Pumping Cons: Setup time longer than traditional filter. Speed of filtration can vary based on conditions. Like traditional filt...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
February 07, 11:20pm