BPL Community Profile

Tony Wong (Valshar) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale San Francisco Bay Area
About Me Tony Wong has not added a biography yet.
CityEast Bay
StateCA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tony Wong

Showing 141 - 150 of 1449 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...145

Forum » Thread

Re: MLD Exodus Full Suspension No Longer Available?
Just and update. I emailed Ron last last night and he replied early this morning: HI We are looking to do a few updates on it for 2014. Thanks, Ron Bell Design Minister / Chief Ha...

In GEAR » MLD Exodus Full Suspension No Longer Available?
September 26, 1:16pm

MLD Exodus Full Suspension No Longer Available?
I was just over at the MLD website and noticed that the Exodus FS was no longer listed for sale. Anyone know anything about this? My friend, Jeremy, has one and it carried like a dream on a 1...

In GEAR » MLD Exodus Full Suspension No Longer Available?
September 25, 11:48pm

Re: Ron is Great
Max, Ask Ron if he still has silnylon 2.0 that he can use for your floor, which is stronger and will resist punctures better. I have Ron's 2008 eVent Soul Side Zip Bivy with the 2.0 silny...

In GEAR » Is anyone making eVent bivy's anymore?
September 25, 2:49pm

Re: Bivy inside a Mid
Stephen, The "problem" is that I using a MLD eVent Soul Bivy, which I love and has been holding up great since 2008, but it is 13 oz. Add a 15 oz MLD Solo Mid, I am pushing into the...

In GEAR » Bivy inside a Mid Shelter or Ground Sheet?
August 30, 1:38pm

Re: Bivy inside a Mid Shelter or Ground Sheet?
I appreciate everyone's feedback. I have taken a look at zpack's offerings and polycro sheets from Gossamer Gear. Arn: Especially appreciate your sharing your experience from Pt Reyes...

August 28, 8:32pm

Bivy inside a Mid Shelter or Ground Sheet?
I've been a Tarp and Bivy guy for a number of years and I am considering using a MLD solo mid in silnylon for shoulder seasons where there are very rainy conditions. Do people using mids in ...

August 27, 12:16pm

Re: Best Beginner Tarp/Bivy Combo
I would suggest a silnylon tarp over cuben. Cuben is much harder to get a tight pitch vs. silnylon, which has some give in the material. You just have to remember to give your guy lines a tug...

In GEAR » Best Beginner Tarp/Bivy Combo
August 15, 6:43pm

Re: Re: Re: Replace your energy bar with a Cookie!
Tom, No worries at all....always glad to get your advice or simply pointing out the "deceptive" calorie count on their packaging. I should say that at lunch time I also eat two slic...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Replace your energy bar with a Cookie!
August 15, 1:15pm

Re: Replace your energy bar with a Cookie!
Tom, Thanks for pointing out their error or deception in adding up their calorie count. That said, I do find that they work for me as an alternative to just eating bars. -Tony

August 13, 9:03pm

Replace your energy bar with a Cookie!
http://www.sunflourbaking.com/nutrition.html I have taken two trips with these cookies: JMT in 2011 for 15 days and recently, 130 miles on the PCT. I have one of these for lunch and one for d...

August 13, 5:23pm

All Reader Reviews by Tony Wong

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Platypus Hoser 1.8 Liter Reservoir
For those of us who enjoy the convenience of of having a sip of water on demand, this is an easy way to save some weight with few negatives. The only negatives for me is the bite valve that comes w...

In Hydration - Water Storage Containers
June 29, 6:09pm

Marmot Helium (long)
I have the 2007 Model of the Marmot Helium EQ, which differs from the regular Helium in two ways. It has a full length zipper and the shell is waterproof. Weight is listed as 2 lbs 2 oz vs. 1 lb...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
June 29, 5:29pm

Sunday Afternoon Adventure hat
How can I count the ways that I love this hat? I have been using this hat for 7 years from completely re-landscaping my yard for 2.5 yrs as well as for backpacking trips. I love that it provides...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
June 29, 5:12pm

Mountain Laurel Designs Soul Bivy Side Zip (eVent Top)
Mountain Laurel Designs Soul Bivy Side Zip with eVent top, Silnylon 2.0 bottom, built in hoop wire, regular size, but in the wide option, which allows for a sleeping pad thicker than 1". Weig...

In Shelters - Bivy Sacks
June 01, 10:39pm

Sawyer In-Line Filter
Pros: Light Weight, Field Cleanable by backwashing, No Chemicals, No Pumping Cons: Setup time longer than traditional filter. Speed of filtration can vary based on conditions. Like traditional filt...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
February 07, 11:20pm