Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Jeff Jeff (TwoFortyJeff) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Jeff Jeff hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Jeff Jeff has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jeff Jeff

Showing 141 - 150 of 662 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...67

Forum » Thread

Re: Rolled or Folded Ridgerest as Packframe
I always felt that I couldn't get all my stuff into and out of a pack with a rolled ridgerest (rolled like a large hoop). Folded works better, but I don't like folding a ridgerest. I switch...

In GEAR » Rolled or Folded Ridgerest as Packframe
January 11, 11:43am

Re: Beginner Ice Climbing around Bellingham, Wa
In the fall, the Coleman glacier on Baker attracts lots of beginning ice climbers. There are tons of crevasses to drop into. The glacier ice isn't great but it's good for learning. Your ...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Beginner Ice Climbing around Bellingham, Wa
January 06, 8:36pm

Re: Western Mountaineering--need a repair to a bag
Do they do repairs? You might have to have a dedicated repair shop fix it for you.

In GEAR » Western Mountaineering--need a repair to a bag
December 29, 8:40pm

Re: Thoughts on a lightweight crampon bag
I just stack them together so the pointed sides face each other. Then I wrap the straps around the whole mess so they don't come apart. Then I stash them under a convenient compression strap.

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Thoughts on a lightweight crampon bag
December 29, 12:55pm

Re: Hooded or non hooded baselayer for cold weather running
A hoodless zipneck + beanie will offer all the versatility you need for running. A buff around the neck will be fine, but if you need to pull it up to the chin, look into a balaclava like the OR op...

In GEAR » Hooded or non hooded baselayer for cold weather running
December 27, 2:16pm

Re: PCT 2014 northbound
A May 11th start will easily get you to Kennedy Meadows in mid June, which would mean you'll see a ton of snow if it's an average year.

In Gear Lists » PCT 2014
December 23, 8:08pm

Re: Backpack for BearVault 200 - JMT
I'm not sure about the BearVault 200, but I used a BearVault500. I carried 9 days of food from Whitney Portal to VVR, but I think I ate it in 7 days. Anyways, I carried it in a ULA Catalyst. It...

In GEAR » Backpack for BearVault 200 - JMT
December 23, 5:23pm

Re: Re: Campsaver discount
BC2520

In Gear Deals » Campsaver discount
December 21, 10:50am

Re: this one is valid on all on-sale items
BC2520

In Gear Deals » campsaver 20% off coupon
December 21, 10:50am

Re: Best way to setup 8x10 tarp
I sold my 8x10 flat tarp and bought a catenary shaped tarp. I just couldn't get the flat tarp tight enough to defeat physics....

In GEAR » Best way to setup 8x10 tarp
December 19, 9:31pm

All Reader Reviews by Jeff Jeff

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Equinox 8 X 10 silnylon tarp
I bought this tarp the replace the blue walmart tarp I started out with. I was wary of the grommets at first, but I have had it staked out as tight as a drum and they haven't gotten loose at al...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
August 23, 10:38pm