Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Gene . (Tracker) - BPL Guest

My Locale New England
About Me I have backpacked since 1968, across America twice 1986 & 1990; bicycled across America 4 times, rdtrip East Coast USA; built and sailed my own sailboats from New England to SA/CA/transited Panama Canal;canoed & sea kayaked New England/Florida/Bahamas; I grew up working as an organic vegetable farmer on a dairy farm in New England. Lived in Hawaii on both Oahu & Kauai.
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Gene .

Showing 141 - 150 of 203 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: ULA Amp...Image, etc
Brian, I'm with PJ and the others on the WOW factor, and the pocket factor. I think you are addressing the back pocket in a genuinely original way, and applaud you for doing so. Being able t...

In GEAR » ULA Amp...Pics, etc
January 23, 11:00am

Re: keys
Stephen you could use a simple paper punch to put a hole in the bottom of the Platy for the clip to connect. I highly doubt that someone with that quality of camera gear would carry it so expose...

In GEAR » Jam2 pictures and details
January 23, 10:31am

Re: Just a Suggestion - How About a Moratorium on
I second the suggestion BT

In Gear Deals » Just a Suggestion - How About a Moratorum on
January 23, 10:15am

Re: The Quest for a New Backpack
Shameless plug, but I have a MountainSmith 'Mountainlight Series', 'Phantom' for sale for $60 brand new in the bag, w/ hangtags. I bought 2 when I had my original one stolen, as...

In GEAR » The Quest for a New Backpack
January 19, 9:07pm

Re: Marmot Gloves
Thanks for your feedback Jonathan and Larry, it's a tossup between which glove of the 2 you guys have I guess. I hike now in the NorthEast, and as such it's ususally a damp Winter, and damp...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Marmot Gloves the Pros/cons?
January 19, 8:21pm

Re: 10'x10' SilNylon Tarp
You might check over at Hennesy hammocks or Ed Speer's webpage. I think Owareusa would make you one, or AYCE @ Thruhiker for that matter. Actually in the market myself for a 9 x 9....

In Make Your Own Gear » 10'x10' SilNylon Tarp
January 19, 7:19pm

Re: Re: Ultralight fire starter
I never leave the trailhead without a can of Pringles in my pack Jane! See the thread in food! They burn like a mini torch for a bit stuck in the notch of a stick. Great UL trail snack(ful of junk)...

In GEAR » Ultralight fire starter
January 19, 7:11pm

Re: Re: SUL Winter Challenge
I'd like to see the outcome remarks from Dr J's trip here..what went right, worked; and what went wrong, and did'nt.

In Gear Lists » Ryan Jordan's SUL Winter Challenge
January 19, 5:26pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Marmot Ion from Campmor vs. BackountryOutlet?
Heck no Mike, but now I have to go to think of another 'excuse' to go to Campmor! Neither Rain, Sleet, nor car chasing dogs shall keep me from my appointed rounds in the aisles of Campmo...

In GEAR » How to identify Pertex Quantum?
January 19, 4:39pm

Re: Campsaver
www.currentcodes.com would be a good start for any codes; I find it handy to bookmark.

In Gear Deals » Campsaver
January 19, 4:05pm

All Reader Reviews by Gene .

Gene . has posted no reviews.