BPL Community Profile

Tjaard Breeuwer (Tjaard) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Minnesota, USA
About Me I like to get out and camp, but I don't like a heavy pack on my back. I love hiking, mtb-packing, xc skiing and ice skate touring.
CityDuluth
StateMN
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tjaard Breeuwer

Showing 141 - 150 of 373 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...38

Forum » Thread

Re: White Mt. Overnight, kit critique please
The only sure weight saving I can think of it to ditch the rocksack. I use my stake sack, since you only hang your food when your shelter is up, this is great dual use. They also have similar requi...

In Gear Lists » White Mt. Overnight, kit critique please
October 02, 8:29pm

LL Bean Dridown
LL Bean Ultralight Down Jacket now has 850 FP dritek down, that could make it a good option, much nicer than the 650 FP in the Sierra Designs, but LL Bean's fabric is not very light. Then ad...

In GEAR » Looking for a good down jacket for temps in the low teens
October 02, 2:45pm

Intermediate warmth jackets
Dustin, My point was, I have a nice lightweight down jacket, I would like something similar, but with more fill: If the Hadron weighs 8.3 oz, 2.3 of which is fill, the shell and trim must wei...

In Gear Lists » Badlands gearlist, help wanted
October 02, 2:21pm

Who would know.
I don't think anyone will have the in the field experience you are asking for. After all, you'd have to own 2 identical bags except for size and use them several times in identical conditio...

In GEAR » Sleeping bag warmth vs. fit
October 01, 11:58am

Sharing
Sharing our quilts with our daughters, allowed us to be more comfortable and take less gear as well. Like this: They worked great!

In Gear Deals » enLIGHTened equipment quilts in stock and ready to go
October 01, 10:04am

pic's
Here are some pictures of the Enlightened Equipment Revelation X wide being used by one adult and one child. 40F, in a Hex3 with net inner. This saved us a ton of weight on a recent overnight in...

In GEAR » Family w/ small kids sleeping option: 2 slightly wide quilts
October 01, 9:52am

Pads
I was about to come back and edit my posting and get into some more detail. We have Enlightened Equipment Revelation X quilts, 40 degree with overstuff, a 6', wide for my wife and a 6'6&...

September 30, 7:56pm

Tried it out last night, worked great!
We went on a family backpack last night and used our 2 RevX Wide quilts, one for each of us to use with a child. We had plenty of width to seal out drafts even with two people sharing, and the foot...

September 30, 7:27pm

Sil nylon Stuffsacks a few ounces too
So adjust for that.

In GEAR » Luxurious ultralight tents for two; price per oz
September 27, 9:03pm

Pole
I believe the Megalight comes with a carbon pole, factor that into the price. I would not be to worried about the seamsealing, there are not that many seams on those mids any way and it's re...

In GEAR » Shangri-la 5 vs Supermid vs. Oware 10x10 vs. Megalight
September 27, 8:54pm

All Reader Reviews by Tjaard Breeuwer

Showing 1 - 8 of 8 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Goosefeet gear Custom down parka
This review is for a custom down parka from Goosefeet gear. Par...</td>          
           <td class=

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
April 14, 10:24am

Enlightened Equipment Revelation X
Quality: The sewing is very neatly done, I have not looked super close at the fabric but from a casual glance I don't see any blemishes. Nice soft hand. Fit: I have a 6'6&qu...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
September 17, 12:30pm

Golite Hex 3
I was surprised to see we fit comfortably with our family of 4, while using the nest. By hanging it from a line between two trees, we have room for a double bag in the center and no pole to be knocke...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
April 06, 9:33pm

L.L. Bean Ultralight 850 Down Jacket
I returned the L tall I had ordered, as the sleeves were too short. I ended up with a Montbell in XL which had longer sleeves and was no more baggy than the L tall LL Bean.

March 08, 9:26pm

Montbell Down inner pants
As mentioned these are a nice and light pair of warm pants. Sorry for the exclamation marks but I have never found stock pants like this! The great news with these is that they fit very slim for...

March 02, 11:36am

mont-bell Thermawrap Parka & Pants
I got the womens size S for my daughter, who wears size 6(yr old) kids clothes normally. The lightest hooded kids parka I could find was the Marmot Amadablam. This is lighter, longer in the waist ...

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
February 20, 9:08pm

02 Rainwear Rain Suit
The design is poor, with a crummy hood that doesn't cover my chin and no bill, short sleeves and body, wide opening at the waist and no articulation anywhere. Wimpy rainflap over a very porous zip...

In Clothing - Raingear
February 16, 8:48pm

Cioch Direct /Paramo custom
I have a Cioch Direct Glamaigh and can only echo the previous comments: It is as breathable as an uncoated windshell,but the liner makes it as warm as a windshell with light fleece underneath. So ...

In Clothing - Raingear
February 15, 9:04am