Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Rakesh Malik (Tamerlin) - BPL Guest

My Locale Cascadia
About Me Rakesh Malik has not added a biography yet.
CitySeattle
StateWA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.WhiteCranePhotography.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Rakesh Malik

Showing 141 - 150 of 738 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...74

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: msr hubba
The Carbon Reflex is a pretty nice 3-season tent. MSR (and Cascade Designs) are based in Seattle, so they tend to optimize their stuff for the Pacific Northwest ;)

In GEAR » 1P UL's
January 21, 10:04pm

Re: Would be nice but...
> To be succesful any new design would have to be lighter than anything on the market or less than 2 lbs. > The new canister would have to have the same or greater volume than the current ca...

In GEAR » New Bear Canister Design
January 21, 7:21pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: End of the GPS?
"Due to the different timing technologies used by different cellular carriers, the errors can be all over the place." Either way, the end result is that GPS in a cell phone is at best,...

In GEAR » Solar cells built into your phone...(the end of GPS units in 5 yrs?)
January 21, 3:26pm

Re: Re: Re: End of the GPS?
"Who explore it via virtual reality on TV." You got that right -- especially in the Fat Country. I mean, the US. ;)

January 21, 3:08pm

Re: Re: Re: End of the GPS?
"There are ways to get very high accuracy in a GPS receiver, but very few want to pay for it." As long as cell phones provide reasonable accuracy in urban settings, that's not like...

January 21, 3:07pm

Re: End of the GPS?
"I'm thinking not. What I hate most about the smart phones (aside from battery life) is that they are fragile and not waterproof. " They're designed to force you into buying...

January 21, 11:31am

Re: SOTMR
I'd add to Dan's list: In the trekking-pole supported shelters department, I'd also add a few suggestions even though they aren't double walled: MSR Twin Sisters Seek Outside B...

In GEAR » When is the Tent SOTMR coming out?
January 21, 1:57am

Re: Snow Peak Lago
"I would want to know the specs, dimensions, materials, etc. before making a judgment." I don't know about the Snow Peak shelter, but the three new mountaineering tents that Brooks...

In GEAR » A couple of new winter shelters
January 20, 11:15pm

Re: Sigma Lenses for NEX
Sigma has a less than stellar reputation, but their lenses have been improving consistently, and a lot of their professional lenses have gotten pretty good reviews. Personally, based on what I'...

In Photography » Sony NEX Lens Impressions
January 13, 1:28pm

Re: Re: New Fuji system
it has promise. Fujinon lenses are, btw, excellent. They make the lenses for the Hasselblad 645 cameras, the nearly legendary XPan lenses, and a series of lenses for large format. They're no sl...

In Photography » New Fuji system
January 05, 1:25am

All Reader Reviews by Rakesh Malik

Rakesh Malik has posted no reviews.