BPL Community Profile

steven franchuk (Surf) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale steven franchuk hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me steven franchuk has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by steven franchuk

Showing 141 - 150 of 357 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...36

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Bearikades
"Btw, I noticed the Scout isn't on the approved container list. Is that an oversight?" Probably, The scout is the newest one in the bearikade lineup. I recently aquired one and wh...

In GEAR » Bearikades
May 14, 6:28pm

Re: .Critter cans
If you goal is just to keep critters out of your food go to the hardware store and my a piece of PVC pipe. buy the largets diameter you can find. Then buy two endcaps. Using PVC glue glue one e...

In Make Your Own Gear » Bearvault size reduction
May 11, 6:15pm

Re: Rainshell question to our UK based BPL'ers: PacLite vs GoreTex
PacLite is the name for one of the first 2.5 layer goreTex fabrics. ACR is a newer version of Gortex with improved breathability over Packlite. Both are waterproof. The real question is which on...

In GEAR » Rainshell question to our UK based BPL'ers: PacLite vs GoreTex
May 11, 5:48pm

Re: Bearvault size reduction
Now you have made it small enough that a bear might be able to pick it up with his mouth. the bear now can pick it up, walk a mile, and then start working at it. Will the glue hold up to the bear...

In Make Your Own Gear » Bearvault size reduction
May 11, 1:31pm

Hard water and backflushing.
"I talked to the Sawyer people. They recommended flushing and back flushing with hot water and/or vinegar." Hot water and or vinegar are frequent;y used to dissolve hard water deposits...

In GEAR » Sawyer Squeeze Filter Bag Failure
May 11, 12:06pm

Re: First compass
A button compass basically just tells you which way is north and nothing else. With a proper compass you taking readings from known mountains in the distance and then transfer that to your mape an...

In GEAR » First compass
May 09, 6:47pm

A lot of choices
If you just want to know the temperature at one point in time a zipper pull thermometer like the REI one mentioned above work well and there are a lot of companies making them. If you want the...

In GEAR » Is there a reliable backpackign thermometer out there?
May 09, 12:53am

Re: 5 oz Hardshell?
It's easy to make a waterproof jacket that weighs less than 7 oz. However it is very hard to make one that waterproof and breathable and lightweight. The lightest Event rain jackets come in a...

In GEAR » 5 oz Hardshell?
May 07, 12:22am

Re: Thinking about buying moccasins as a camp / small stream shoe?
Check out Zemgear: http://www.zemgear.com/collections/360-runners-series/ My brother purchased a pare for cam shoes and he likes them. I tried a par for just walking around town and found I ...

In GEAR » Thinking about buying moccasins as a camp / small stream shoe?
May 06, 3:52pm

Re: Re: Good to know... Sort of
Alcohol will absorb moisture from the air over time. The more water you have in your fuel the lower the stoves BTU output will be. Air pressure would affect the air fuel mixture which can also ha...

In Make Your Own Gear » Stove Testing and Humidity
May 06, 1:43pm

All Reader Reviews by steven franchuk

steven franchuk has posted no reviews.