BPL Community Profile

steven franchuk (Surf) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale steven franchuk hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me steven franchuk has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by steven franchuk

Showing 141 - 150 of 387 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...39

Forum » Thread

Re: DWR
"Interested to know what DWR treatments people are applying to their wind gear to get good water resistance as described by a few." First you need to understand hydrostatic had and wh...

In GEAR » So what is the deal with rain pants?
June 07, 10:58pm

Re: Desoto
The skincooler pannels appear to be very breathable fabric. However when you make a fabric very breathable yhou increa the spacing between fibers and that can allow light to get through. The skin...

In Make Your Own Gear » Arm Coolers?
June 07, 8:14pm

Re: Hard Shell wetting out?
Note Wetting out only refers rain sticking to the outside fabric of the jacket. Wetting out does not refer to water getting through the jacke and getting you wet. If rain gets through the jacket ...

In GEAR » Hard Shell wetting out?
June 07, 7:23pm

Re: Falling
there is no easy road access to the falls (vernal, Nevada, or Yosemite falls). Its about a 4 mile hike (via the john muir trail) or about 3.7 miles via the Mist trail. These are one way distances ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Sad, another person swept over a Yosemite falls
June 04, 10:39pm

Re: Re: Bear Canister or Equivalent for Solo Backpacking - Passes regulations?
This is one of the best comparisons I have seen on the web between the various brands. http://andrewskurka.com/2012/bear-canister-shopping-guide/ Keep in mind you are not one concerned with w...

In GEAR » Bear Canister or Equivalent for Solo Backpacking - Passes regulations?
June 04, 1:38pm

Re: beer cans and bpa
The can has an Epoxy liner and most epoxies contain BPA. Washing will not dessolve the lining. Studies have shown Washing BPA containing water bottle was ineffective The best way to remove it...

In Make Your Own Gear » beer cans and bpa
June 03, 2:02pm

Re: Re: Your method works great for film
For more information on noise, cameras, and photo software you might want to check out photo.net

In Photography » Star Trails
June 02, 3:17pm

Your method works great for film
what you are doing works great with film cameras. For film I have taken pictures a couple of hours long and seen no noise. for digital the results are not as good due to hot pixels and sensor noi...

In Photography » Star Trails
June 02, 11:25am

Re: Wide pot vs kettle and time to boil with wood stoves.
I have seen post here in the past with test data that does indicate that wider pots are more efficient than tall narrow pots. How much of an improvement will depend on your particular setup.

In GEAR » Wide pot vs kettle and time to boil with wood stoves.
June 02, 10:47am

Re: Re: Re: The worst kind of rain
"The benficial effect of rain increasing from "minimal" to "light". The Neoshell gains more cooling than the other fabrics. If I wear it when it's not raining (just thr...

In GEAR » The worst kind of rain
May 26, 2:31pm

All Reader Reviews by steven franchuk

steven franchuk has posted no reviews.