Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Chad "Stick" Poindexter (Stick) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Wet & Humid Southeast....
About Me My stomping grounds are the SE US, and 90% of the time, somewhere on the AT in GA, TN, or NC. Other times I enjoy going to the Smokies, or other smaller wilderness areas such as the Savage Gulf area.
Most of my trips are between 2 - 5 days long, with rare 7 day long trips. My total pack weights are generally under 20 lbs, unless trying new gear, or carrying extra for the kids. In the dead of summer, I enjoy SUL hikes, and have given thought to XUL (almost there...)
CityRight Here
StateMS
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://stick13.wordpress.com/
My PDF Gear ListBasic 30 - 50 F Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Chad "Stick" Poindexter

Showing 141 - 150 of 621 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...63

Forum » Thread

Re: Sawyer Mini Backflushing
I haven't been using the Mini as long as I did the Squeeze, but I have used the Squeeze on a 7 day hike and it never needed any sort of backflush while on the trail. Depending on the expected w...

In GEAR » Sawyer Mini Backflushing
January 31, 3:26pm

Montbell
I have been using a MB down inner parka the last couple of years, and with the correct layering system I have been perfectly warm and comfy, sitting around camp in temps well into the teens. As ...

In GEAR » Montbell UL Down Jacket
January 31, 3:18pm

Re: lines and stakes
I use what I have simply called an adjustable knot, although, I have been informed that it is actually a tautline hitch... either way, it works great IMO. If the cord is a bit slippery, or the wind...

In GEAR » lines and stakes
January 31, 3:05pm

Sea to Summit
That is a bummer to hear... I can't say I was definitely going to order one, but I pondered it more than once... Problem is, as little as I even need to use my bug net, I have been perfectly fi...

In GEAR » No more Vacco Headnets - DIY time - Info repository
January 15, 5:27pm

Filter into Gatorade bottles for me
I carry 1 or 2, 20 oz Gatorade bottles which I carry on my shoulder straps. I also carry the 2L Squeeze bag. I fill the Squeeze bag with dirty water, then immediately filter it into my Gatorade bot...

In GEAR » Sawyer Mini techniques
December 25, 5:56pm

The Original!
The Original, for no other reason than the shape. I am unhappy with the fact that TAR actually cut corners to lighten up the XLite's, and would be happier to see them carrying the Originals aga...

In GEAR » Original NeoAir vs NeoAir Xlite. Who likes the original better?
December 25, 4:44pm

Picking up a hot pot
Dan, I don't use handles on my 550 ml pot. When I am boiling water for a meal, the pot is filled up to about half, or three quarters of an inch from the top. When the water is to the point t...

In GEAR » Lite Trail Solid Fuel System
December 18, 8:54am

Re: Lite Trail Solid Fuel System
Yes, as has been noted, Toaks actually make the LiteTrail cook pots for Jhaura, which is why they are branded "Toaks." But no, the pots sold from Toaks are different from the ones that ar...

In GEAR » Lite Trail Solid Fuel System
December 18, 8:18am

This works too!
On short hikes that I don't mind a little extra weight... nothing beats the real thing! I have often wondered about those dehydrated beers though... maybe he could send me some for a &qu...

In GEAR » Beer while backpacking
December 15, 11:53am

Re: for comparison
Keep in mind that the 4 oz listed for the FF socks is also split between 2 socks, so that is only 2 oz of down per sock, not 4 oz per sock. Also keep in mind, the GFG socks are actually customi...

In GEAR » Feathered Friends Down Booties
December 15, 8:03am

All Reader Reviews by Chad "Stick" Poindexter

Chad "Stick" Poindexter has posted no reviews.