BPL Community Profile

Chad Poindexter (Stick) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Wet & Humid Southeast....
About Me I have been backpacking a little over 3 years now, but in that time I have logged a number of trail miles and went through a lot of gear trying to find my sweet spot. Now, thanks to cuben fiber, alcohol stoves, down and of course a better understanding, my TPW has severly dropped! My cold weather BPW is 9 - 10 lbs and my warm weather BPW is 5 - 6 lbs.
About 95% of the time I hike with family or friends and in the SouthEastern states. My favorites places to get away are anywhere along the AT as well as in the Great Smoky Mountains.
CityCorinth
StateMS
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://stick13.wordpress.com/
My PDF Gear ListGear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Chad Poindexter

Showing 141 - 150 of 603 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...61

Forum » Thread

GooseFeet Gear + a bunch!
Another vote for the GFG down socks and the overbooties. As mentioned, the socks can be worn inside a tent, all clean & warm, and then for a pee break, or camp chores, slip the overbooties on. ...

In GEAR » Down booties
November 21, 6:23pm

Cuben as ground sheet
I love me some cuben fiber, however, one area I have always been a bit leary with cuben is using it as a groundsheet. In the past, I used the Lite version (0.74) cuben floor in my Hexamid tent for ...

In GEAR » To ZPacks Duplex Owners
November 18, 9:42pm

Re: RE: Clear cut pad on bottom
"The conclusion: from a thermodynamic performance perspective, using a ccf on TOP of an inflatable, even an insulated inflatable, provides significantly better performance" ^^^^^^ I...

In GEAR » Pad on top or bottom!
November 18, 9:11pm

Traction?
Just curious... for those that use the Altra's, specifically the LP1.5's, what do you think of the traction as far as wet rocks & roots?

In GEAR » Altra Superior vs Inov8 Trailroc 235
November 18, 9:05pm

Re: ULA CDT in cuben
Nice set-up!

In GEAR » ULA CDT in cuben
November 17, 5:07pm

Re: Circuit
Dan, glad to hear that you enjoyed my videos! Thanks for watching. As for the pack, I am not completely sure what is different between then and now. I know that they now offer the S straps. Mine...

In Gear Swap » FS: Yama Mtn Gear Cirriform SW Tent & ULA Circuit
November 15, 9:59pm

CCF on top IME
In my personal experience, I found that I was warmer with my 1/8" Thinlight pad layered on top of my NeoAir. And this was a noticeable difference. I cowboy camped. The ambient temps were a...

In GEAR » Pad on top or bottom!
November 15, 9:48pm

Lowered price on ULA Ciruit
Still looking to sell this pack. I have lowered the price to $160 as a Paypal Gift.

November 11, 7:19pm

Re: Looking for slightly used packs and sleeping bags
John I have a ULA Circuit I would like to sell. Medium torso. PM me if you are interested.

In Gear Deals » Looking for slightly used packs and sleeping bags
November 10, 8:12am

Pack still available!
Great to hear that you got the tent Matthew! Hope you enjoy it. As for the pack, it is still available.

October 24, 10:10pm

All Reader Reviews by Chad Poindexter

Chad Poindexter has posted no reviews.