Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Pamela Wyant (RiverRunner) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale Pamela Wyant hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Pamela Wyant has not added a biography yet.
StateWest Virginia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Pamela Wyant

Showing 141 - 150 of 321 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...33

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Good point
>I don't mean to be contrary, but where are you getting your facts? This is the opposite of what I think happens, with quilts at least. With backpacks and tarps, yes I do believe you're ...

In GEAR » Quilt cost - I don't get it.......
September 27, 2:17pm

Good point
That's a really good point Roger. Seldom is anyone making their own gear satisfied with the first attempt. They usually go on to several revisions. So, I guess in the long run it could a...

September 27, 11:49am

Quilt cost
If you think about the overall construction, a quilt isn't really much easier to construct than a sleeping bag. Whereas the sleeping bag hood requires more construction, a quilt foot box often...

September 26, 9:19pm

Try this one
Try the HPS Esbit stove here. It also fits a beer can pot perfectly. http://www.freezerbagcooking.com/stovescookinggear.htm

In GEAR » Lightest Esbit Stove Stand?
September 24, 10:16pm

S & XS only
STP only lists them as available in S & XS, but there are several colors available in these sizes.

In Gear Deals » GOLITE WISP WIND SHIRT - WOMENS - $25.46!
September 23, 3:05pm

Re: Nunatak Arc?
My suggestion is to contact Tom at Nunatak. He will be happy to help you with your selection and is willing to customize your quilt. I ordered a Ghost with 1/2 inch shorter baffles and an ounce...

In GEAR » Nunatak Arc?
September 16, 7:31pm

Wool versus synthetic
I love the stench resistance of wool and the 'warm when wet' aspect, which I find better than synthetics, but if I were allergic I would definitely go with an odor-resistant synthetic. The...

In GEAR » Base layers: merino v silk v synthetics
September 08, 8:59pm

Maybe not the best, but
I keep mine in large plastic totes since we have pets that I do not want near my bags. After a trip I air them out thoroughly first, then store them inside the tote where they are protected. So f...

In GEAR » Storing Down Bag?
September 04, 11:57am

Hooded
The hood doesn't add much weight but offers more versatility, in my opinion. If it is truly put to use to fend off the wind, the more solid material of an integrated hood is more protective th...

In GEAR » Windshirt preference poll - hooded or not
September 04, 11:47am

re: Sarah's pack
Sarah, What's the key to fitting everything into a 2450 cu in pack? I have the weight of my gear down, but would find it difficult if not impossible to fit it into a pack of that size due t...

In GEAR » My Happy Back - A Tradeoff For Comfort
September 04, 11:12am

All Reader Reviews by Pamela Wyant

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Photon Freedom Micro (White)
Santa brought me one of these for Christmas, and it has quickly become my favorite light. For it's weight it's amazingly bright. I used it to night hike a half mile or so last weekend. Th...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
February 05, 1:35am