BPL Community Profile

Richard Cullip (RichardCullip) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale San Diego County
About Me Richard Cullip has not added a biography yet.
CityPoway
StateCA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Richard Cullip

Showing 141 - 150 of 221 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Forum » Thread

Great Trip!
What a great trip. Very pretty country up in the Yosemite high country. Good of you to rescue the lost llama and get him back to his owner.

In Post-Trip Reports » Yosemite 5 day Loop. Costarring Bandido the Lost Llama.
October 01, 10:59am

Re: Plans for The One
That's good news. I've been using one of the last ones you guys made and I love it. I've got a few hiking buddies interested in aquiring one. It's a great one person tent design. Wo...

In GEAR » Gossamer Gear - The One
September 23, 3:49pm

re:what weight baselayer
On my last trip into the GTW (Sep 6-10) we faced highs in the low 60's and lows dipping into the low 30's with intermittent rain each afternoon. I had a mid-weight Smartwool (250g/m2) long ...

In GEAR » what weight baselayer for 3 season backpacking?
September 23, 7:28am

Test
deleted

In User Test Forum » Test
September 20, 9:10pm

Clear plastic tubing question for Harald or others
Harald, I like your mods, especially the clear plastic tubing. I see from your blog, that you got the tubing from Tapp Plastics. Off the top of your head, do you know the O.D. and I.D. of the tubing?

In GEAR » Sawyer Squeeze Filter Tips
September 12, 8:46pm

Alcohol stoves at altitude
Not sure if 10,000ft is considered high but this last week I had the same boil times on my alcohol stove at 10,000ft up in the GTW as I achieve in my Poway, CA garage (elev ~540ft). Same volume of ...

In GEAR » Alcohol stoves at high altitude
September 12, 8:29pm

Not yet
My trekking poles (Gossamear Gear LT3C) also hold up my tent (GG The One) so I'm not ready to ditch them. They also come in very handy when fording rivers.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Have any of you ditched trekking poles as you've lightened your weight?
August 27, 10:53am

Southern Sierra and the GTW
There's a great guidebook (Hiking California's Golden Trout Wilderness by Suzanne Swedo) that covers that area in good detail. I've enjoyed short (2-3 day) backpacking trips down into t...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Southern Sierra ideas
August 19, 8:26am

Glad it is resolved
Thanks for closing the loop on this and sharing your solution. I learned something tonight. I now know how to enter UTM coords into my Garmin unit (eTrex 20) and BaseCamp software.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » HELP! Can't decipher GPS Coordinates in Falcon's Hiking Colorado's Summit Area book
August 15, 10:30pm

What a great trip
Sounds like the two of you had a grand time walking about in the High Sierra. Thanks for the report and pictures.

In Post-Trip Reports » Trip report: Sierra Trip - Shepherd Pass and Piute Pass
August 15, 7:11pm

All Reader Reviews by Richard Cullip

Richard Cullip has posted no reviews.