Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

J R (RavenUL) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale J R hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me J R has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by J R

Showing 141 - 150 of 421 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...43

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: "new insulation idea"
There are just a handful of reviews of that cocoon4 out on the net, but they have all been universally positive. The only gripes are the weight (8lbs) and price (upwards of $1000). But, the cost...

In GEAR » "new insulation idea"
September 14, 9:46pm

Re: Re: "new insulation idea"
I think there WAS a setup that used dead air to make a cold weather shelter system. The price was outrageous though. $2000+ I think. I think its mentioned in Complete Walker 4.

In GEAR » "new insulation idea"
September 14, 2:03pm

Re: NORTHERN outfitters?
I BELEIVE (but could absolutly be wrong) that they began their business by making clothing for working inside industrial freezers... Those things will freeze your ne-ne's off even if they are locat...

In GEAR » Best (lightest) winter parka
September 14, 1:27pm

Re: Resoling materials
Well, if its the lightest out there for the DIYer, I guess it'll just have to do ;) Its still about 5 lbs lighter than the lightest Vibram replacment sole. At that weight, in that size, I bet if...

In Multiple Use Gear » Resoling materials
September 06, 3:34pm

Re: Re: Resoling materials and shoe forms/molds
5.10 sells resoling kits. They have soles for their approach shoes with the "dot" pattern. Its a good lightweight, low impact, tread pattern. Probably not much use in soupy mud, but I like it for m...

In Multiple Use Gear » Resoling materials
September 06, 10:06am

Re: Not nothing...
Hardly a concern. If using silver peroxide as water treatment, you wont be doing any sort of serious filtering to begin with, and the water will already have plenty of heavy metals along with ot...

In GEAR » Silver Peroxide
September 05, 1:13pm

Re: Doug Ritter Survival Gear
I have this kit. Its very well done. It is NOT complete, as even Ritter himself will say, but it has everything you need to improvise your way to safety. Add in a good knife, a space blanket,...

In GEAR » Doug Ritter Survival Gear
September 05, 1:50am

Re: Recommendations for longer hem full featured rain shells
Can you DIY? If so, I REALLY like the cagoule pattern you can find all over the net - - heres one seller: http://www.dogbooties.com/cagoule.html I made mine ultralong, with versatech fabric, ...

In GEAR » Recommendations for longer hem full featured rain shells
September 04, 11:02pm

Silver Peroxide
Anyone here familiar with the use of Silver Peroxide on UL backpacking trips? In lab tests it was deemed to be on par with chlorine as a water treatment option, but unlike chlorine, it breaks do...

In GEAR » Silver Peroxide
September 04, 7:06pm

Re: Re: Quiet, drab-colored UL pack?
ULA offers their bags in a Black and Green combo. I can definatly sympathize with you on the color of equipment out there today. It seems like so much of it is in some bizzarre primary color com...

In GEAR » Quiet, drab-colored UL pack?
August 31, 8:45pm

All Reader Reviews by J R

J R has posted no reviews.