BPL Community Profile

Richard Fischel (RICKO) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Richard Fischel hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Richard Fischel has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Richard Fischel

Showing 141 - 150 of 507 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...51

Forum » Thread

going light and staying comfortable
glad to hear you found a clothing combo that worked for you. i'm a big fan of dressing light and trying to stay comfortable/cool in (truly) cold weather when on the move. sound like you'v...

In Winter Hiking » Help with winter layering
February 26, 12:04pm

packboard Hut Croo style..
and no waist belts. like movers they like to keep the weight on their shoulders.

In GEAR » External Frame Packs?
February 25, 4:21pm

warm and wet
"How would a synthetic insulation piece work to keep you warm and dry out your other gear if you don't have a waterproof layer with you to keep that from wetting out in the rain?" i&...

In GEAR » wetting out
February 25, 12:12pm

wet but warm
"you need some backup clothing and ways to get warm and dry." any of the primaloft jackets that come in around a pound will do the trick in most cold/wet situations. that's one of th...

In GEAR » wetting out
February 25, 10:53am

damp but warm
"Has anyone tried wearing a hooded windshirt with a wool or fleece layer underneath and doing the wet but warm thing" that's pretty-much what i do. epic windshirt with the hood an...

In GEAR » wetting out
February 25, 8:53am

i've been following
this post without replying, although i may have more than once shaken my head. is this the best post on backpakinglight, probably not. is it the worst post, certainly not that either. a guy trie...

In GEAR » NEW Patagonia Encapsil ("Dry Down") Parka
February 23, 4:23pm

not stupid, but really
heavy... http://youtu.be/99_QdO7BZi4 smart enough to use a sled.

In GEAR » Examples of "Stupid Heavy"
February 23, 4:10pm

NW Alpine - Sorry, missed it on teh original list
i always see it as nw alpine

In GEAR » 2013 Mid Layer Hoody Roundup / Contingency Plan
February 21, 6:09pm

classic example of the right tool for the right job
eric chan i think posted an article a while back about snowshoe related accidents. sounds like you were a couple of steps away from being a statistic. more than once i've found myself switchin...

In Winter Hiking » Snow conditions make challenging use of snow shoes
February 20, 6:26pm

beyond order
steven - let us know the results. i've almost pulled the trigger on softshell pants from them on more than one occassion.

In GEAR » Cannot find the right softshell pants, help!
February 19, 8:41pm

All Reader Reviews by Richard Fischel

Richard Fischel has posted no reviews.