BPL Community Profile

Robert Kelly (QiWiz) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale UL gear @ QiWiz.net
About Me I dream of thru hikes but work and family get in the way. Am familiar with most OH and western PA trails; Isle Royale; a little of Rocky Mountain NP; AT from Springer to Hot Springs; some of Monongahela in WV. Have also been on PCT in Yosemite and Mt San Jacinto area in CA and Mt Jefferson area in OR; Bailey Range in Olympic; Wind River Crest in WY. Pack weight 8-12 pounds in all seasons. Happy Trails.
If you are interested in the lightest ti trowels, stoves, and saws, check out my website at www.QiWiz.net
CityCleveland Heights
StateOhio
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.QiWiz.net

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Robert Kelly

Showing 141 - 150 of 542 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...55

Forum » Thread

Nepal trekking water treatment
We used Aqua Mira for overnight treatment of water we would start the next day with, and a SteriPen for treatment of water from sources on the way, including water gotten from "inns" or &...

In GEAR » Fall Water in Nepal
July 21, 10:51am

Gatewood alternatives for hammock
I am a huge fan of shaped tarps like the Gatewood and Hexamid for ground sleeping. They are the wrong shape and not long enough for a hammock tarp. Get a flat cuben, spinnaker, or silnylon tarp for...

In Hammocks » Gatewood cape as hammock tarp or other multipurpose options
July 16, 12:26pm

July 4th Special Combo Deal
Until midnight, PST, on July 4th, you can get a great 10% off deal on a titanium trowel with a Little Buck saw. Don't miss out on the opportunity to get both the lightest cathole trowel AND the...

In Gear Deals » They're back again: The lightest cathole trowels on the planet ! Titanium, two sizes
June 29, 5:45pm

Re: How to wash dishes clean, light, and efficient (microfibre towel, sponege, bandana or soemthing else)?
Clean water and a finger. + 1 Sometimes I also carry a small cloth (1/4 of regular bandana) just to dry my pot and/or cup after I've cleaned it.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How to wash dishes clean, light, and efficient (microfibre towel, sponege, bandana or soemthing else)?
June 25, 9:46am

Re: liner socks
My impression is that wool (especially Merino wool) may have finer fibers than synthetics. Whether they are finer or not, body heat dries out a layer of these fibers next to your skin, even when th...

In GEAR » liner socks
June 22, 9:52am

Might be interested
in buying an Expedition if/when you want to sell it. I'll be doing the JMT in 2014 and know that's the canister I'll want to use. I'm not making a promise, just indicating that ther...

In GEAR » Resale value of a Bearikade Expedition
June 20, 2:14pm

Water treatment in Nepal
With Aqua Mira and SteriPen was a good combo for us. Cannot comment on monsoon season specifically. Was there in October.

In Pre-Trip Planning » Everest Base Camp in July
June 20, 10:07am

Backcountry cornbread on a wood burning stove
Entire kit to do this weighs 2/3 oz. Now we're cooking! Check out the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AmlkelDlGU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Backcountry cornbread on a wood burning stove
June 18, 11:07am

Re: Keeping water bottles on your shoulder straps
I've done this for the last 15 years on all my packs, currently using 20 oz Gatorade or similar bottles that have a waist about 1/3 down from the top of the bottle. I've used non-bungee thi...

In GEAR » Keeping water bottles on your shoulder straps
June 18, 6:57am

Re: searching for a light alcohol stove (that can also burn wood and accommodate multiple pots)
My 2 cents: If you plan to usually burn alcohol but want to be able to burn wood occasionally as a backup, I'd recommend a Caldera Cone Ti-Tri to fit whatever pot will meet most of your need...

In GEAR » searching for a light alcohol stove
June 13, 9:01am

All Reader Reviews by Robert Kelly

Robert Kelly has posted no reviews.