BPL Community Profile

Cesar Valdez (PrimeZombie) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Scandinavia
About Me Mexican-American expat living in Sweden. Check out my blog to know more about me, lots of trip reports, gear lists, pretty pictures, etc. :)
CountrySweden
My Website URLhttp://cesarandthewoods.blogspot.com/
My PDF Gear ListCesar's 3 Season 2014

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Cesar Valdez

Showing 141 - 150 of 469 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...47

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: The Case Against Wood Fires
Paul - Just to be clear, I didn't make any bold statements. The portion of text you quoted is from a large quote used of Harris. So it's his statement, and I would forward that it is not ...

In Philosophy & Technique » The Case Against Wood Fires
May 21, 7:53am

The Case Against Wood Fires
I was completely ignorant to how harmful wood fires/wood smoke is until I recently read an article by one of my favorite non-fiction writers, Sam Harris. He was using wood fires as an analogy, whi...

In Philosophy & Technique » The Case Against Wood Fires
May 21, 7:11am

Re: Re: Even more trip reports
I am glad you are enjoying it. Thank you for reading. :)

In Post-Trip Reports » More of Sweden's Bohusleden
May 21, 6:49am

Even more trip reports
In the process of putting up trip reports from my last section hike, and have finished a few. Getting close and close to having the whole trail done. Check it: http://cesarandthewoods.blogsp...

In Post-Trip Reports » More of Sweden's Bohusleden
May 21, 6:35am

Re: Fantastic
Ha! Sorry man, kind of you to make an offer, but I am not in the bivy modding business, plus I live in Sweden. I say just take your bivy to a local seamstress and get it done. There are several ...

In GEAR » Cuben/M50 Borah Bivy modification completed and tested :)
May 18, 1:20pm

Re: Re: Cuben/M50 Borah Bivy modification completed and tested :)
Thanks! You could always get another bivy. There are a lot to choose from, but I say if your tarp/bivy combo gets past around 500-600g, you might look into hybrid tents--unless you just have to...

May 18, 12:59pm

Cuben/M50 Borah Bivy modification completed and tested :)
Finally got around to doing it, and it worked out great! Had a big vent cut out of the bivy to help eliminate condensation, and only put a whooping 3g onto the weight. Long live the tarp/bivy...

May 18, 12:35pm

Re: Michael and John and another update
Michael - I got the default torso, but keep in mind that I have just a webbing belt. I am about 6ft tall and 185lbs. John - Yes I have the Hexamid solo tarp and bug inner tent. Total weight wi...

In Gear Lists » My 1+ Season dream list is almost complete!
May 08, 1:35am

Re: groundsheet w/canopy
I plan on using a groundsheet with either choice. For the bug net, it has a Cuben floor (the thicker one, can't remember the exact number, think it's 1.4), and while that is pretty tough, ...

In GEAR » Zpacks bug net vs. Gossamer Gear bug canopy
April 05, 3:37pm

Zpacks bug net vs. Gossamer Gear bug canopy
I already own the bug net, but the GG canopy is much lighter and also pretty affordable at 35 bucks. Not sure how easy the canopy is to use/set up, or how effective it is at keeping all the bugs a...

In GEAR » Zpacks bug net vs. Gossamer Gear bug canopy
April 05, 2:02pm

All Reader Reviews by Cesar Valdez

Cesar Valdez has posted no reviews.