BPL Community Profile

Christopher Plesko (Pivvay) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Rocky Mountains
About Me "It doesn't have to be fun to be fun" - Mark Twight
CityWestminster
StateColorado
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://slipangles.blogspot.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Christopher Plesko

Showing 141 - 150 of 926 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...93

Forum » Thread

Expeditioning Food/Stove Ideas
Solo three week trip (~21 days). Zero resupply opportunity. Water only cooking. Long days of traveling necessitated by water source needs. Temperatures from over 100 deg F to 25 deg F. Individu...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Expeditioning Food/Stove Ideas
October 19, 1:09pm

Re: Re: The Great Himalaya Trail
Perhaps a lack of interest in a thru hike is because it's far from complete? It looks fascinating but if there is no full trail then there is no thru hike.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » The Great Himalaya Trail
October 19, 12:16pm

Re: Re: down pants and jacket vs sleeping bag
I've used it sort of but only in weird situations most are unlikely to encounter. If you're doing a race or event with wide temp variations...say roughly 85F to 25F...a synthetic top and...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » down pants and jacket vs sleeping bag
October 15, 3:56pm

Re: Re: First Ascent
No kidding. My wife has worn her MB alpine light jacket almost every day for at least 6 months out of the year. I bet she's got 300+ days in the thing? It's been washed once or twice and sh...

In GEAR » First Ascent Jackets
October 15, 8:46am

Re: pack toughness
No I survived, just had to hobble out for 7 hours with a broken ankle. The pack got to get carried out and I don't think it's broken!

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How tough do you think your pack is?
October 15, 4:15am

Re: How tough do you think your pack is?
My wife's Jam2 (on my back) survived an avalanche. It fared better than me.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How tough do you think your pack is?
October 14, 7:52pm

winter goggles
I'm using some cheapie clear smiths but i'm not convinced they're best. Usually but not always, when it's blowing I don't need the tint so I take dark glasses and clear goggles....

In GEAR » Winter Goggle Recommendations
October 10, 6:08pm

gangpile
cell phones are so bad, satellite phones are so bad!!! If you don't like them, don't carry one. If others are hiking around you using one, you obviously didn't plan your trip well en...

In GEAR » AT&T to launch satellite phone plans
October 01, 9:38am

Re: How low can you go with a base layer, windshirt and rain jacket?
Probably 20s or 30s depending on a whole lot of factors. My hands get cold and need some gloves first and a hat is necessary soon after. I really don't like being cold for no reason though so I...

In GEAR » How low can you go with a base layer, windshirt and rain jacket?
September 28, 10:14am

Re: Melanzana Micro Grid Hoodie
No weight but I'm wearing the Melanzana right now. The R1 is far better for technical things but the Melanzana is almost dailywear for me and my wife in the fall. We have both options but us...

In GEAR » Pullover hoodie
September 26, 7:36am

All Reader Reviews by Christopher Plesko

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Patagonia Micro Puff Pullover
We own two of these (one small and one medium) and on most trips these make the cut. They are very warm over 3 season conditions and their compact packing and light weight make them a favorite plus th...

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
November 11, 10:28pm

Patagonia MicroPuff Vest
I've had the Micropuff vest for a few months now and feel comfortable in giving a review. The vest is a total winner. I bought it for a summer insulation safety piece since it's synthetic and my bag i...

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
November 11, 6:43pm