BPL Community Profile

john Tier (Peter_pan) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Co-Owner Jacks 'R' Better, LLC, VA
About Me Co-Owner of Jacks 'R' Better LLC
Citywilliamsburg
StateVA
My Website URLhttp://www.jacksrbetter.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by john Tier

Showing 141 - 150 of 250 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Forum » Thread

Winter hammocking
First, those who go to ground for the Winter are missing some of the best most comfortable hanging time.... It is as easy to be warm in the air as on the ground, properly equiped. Second Winter ...

In Philosophy & Technique » advice for winter hammocking
March 20, 2:52pm

Best way to carry meltable chocolate
At the jungle warfare school in Panama years ago we learned to pack Snicker bars in the center of our poncho liners.... It worked too... So pack your candy in the middle of your sleeping bag... the...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » How do you keep chocolate cold during your hike?
March 14, 8:06am

over dresssed?
Jeremy, That seems like a lot of clothing and quilt....You did not state the loft of the quilt but 15 oz of 800 pf in a quilt should be 3-4 inches of loft....that alone is a single digits to zer...

In GEAR » quilt+clothing in winter - bivy too??
March 01, 5:14am

quilts
Robert, I can see by your preferences in design features....You are really more of a bag person....Those who toss and turn are also often more suited to a bag... It is interesting that the ori...

In GEAR » Quilt Question
February 26, 5:58pm

Quilts
Robert, There are such a growing number of quilt designs and options available that they are starting to rival bag options.... Nice for folk to have choices.... Specific to your criticism, there...

In GEAR » Quilt Question
February 26, 4:48am

More on the Gear Guide
Guilty, if you like.... page 187 marketplace.... I prefer to think of it as education and conversion....The overburdened and uncomfortable deserve a chance to find to find a better path. Pan

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » devastaded
February 10, 7:20am

Quilts and closeness
GL, et al, I raise a caution to GL's comment that "quilts can be pulled closer to eliminate dead air space".... While this is true, it is also true that quilt users and bag use...

In GEAR » When a Bag is Better than a Quilt
January 21, 7:40am

Quilt question
Eric, Since you talk of wearing the quilt in option two.... Do you mean the JRB Stealth vs the listed JRB Shenandoah? Virtually the same weight. Pan

In GEAR » Help me choose a sleeping insulation system
January 13, 7:23am

Self Tensioning Tensioners
Alternatively, here is a self tensioning line... slightly heavier.... but stake it out... still taut in the AM even after rain or heavy dew which causes silnyl to stretch and get floppy or necessit...

In GEAR » Guyline Tensioners
January 11, 8:49pm

Tie to the trees
BB58, et al, To eliminate HH Fly sag and get necessary protection. First pick a protected site, lee of the ridge, behind wind block rock or bushes etc. Second, tie to the trees, with tarp ...

In Editor's Roundtable » 2007 Hennessy Hyperlight Backpacker A-Sym Hammock REVIEW
December 22, 6:03am

All Reader Reviews by john Tier

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Equinox Silnylon Poncho
Agree with Richard on the mods.... all easy to do....I've had the extended length model for over 4 years and it is super through the mid season.... and yes it will cover a HH. Here is my mod......

In Clothing - Raingear
September 22, 6:10pm