BPL Community Profile

Jeremy Pendrey (Pendrey) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale California
About Me I live in the San Francisco Bay Area with my wife and two children. I have hiked and backpacked throughout the state and beyond. I'm always looking to lighten my pack and lengthen the days and mileage of my trips. Favorite trips I've taken include thru-hikes of the John Muir Trail, High Sierra Trail, and Tahoe Rim Trail.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jeremy Pendrey

Showing 141 - 150 of 166 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: FS: new BPL Thorofare pants (m)
Joe: I think they will probably fit a little bigger size than 33 because the waist cord is stretchy, but I'm not positive because I have a smaller waist so I can't really test them on a bi...

In Gear Swap » FS: new BPL Thorofare pants (m)
March 07, 8:21pm

FS: new BPL Thorofare pants (m)
I'm selling a pair of brand new BPL size medium BPL Thorofare trekking pants (Desert/tan color). I bought them on sale over the holidays and they are too big. They have never been worn outsid...

In Gear Swap » FS: new BPL Thorofare pants (m)
March 06, 4:20pm

Re: Re: Section Hike to Sierra City
JD: I don't have a suggestion any better than Rick's. I fortunately had arranged a ride, so I didn't have to figure out the logistics. You'd probably have to get to Grass Valley ...

In Photo Gallery » PCT - Barker Pass to Sierra City
February 28, 7:25pm

Re: PCT - Barker Pass to Sierra City
Casey: Thanks. I have been to Desolation before, and have another trip planned through there soon, so I purposely skipped it in September. It is certainly beautiful. I know the terrain I covere...

February 17, 2:09pm

Bodhidharma, etc.
Craig: Your bodhidharma avatar is sure perfect for this thread. Thanks for starting it. I also told this story in my PCT-Barker Pass to Sierra City photo essay I put up yesterday, but I'll...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » It's really cool when others do this in the backcountry!
February 15, 10:17pm

Re: Re: Re: PCT - Barker Pass to Sierra City
Jed: For me, solo backpacking is very rewarding. (I try to do at least one solo trip each year.) The fact that the trail was mostly empty (completely empty for the second half of the trip), adde...

February 15, 9:53pm

about time
Thanks Tony. It was about time I pulled my weight and posted some photos of a trip. I thought it would be a chore to put them up, but I really enjoyed pulling out my notebook, maps and photos and...

February 15, 6:07pm

PCT - Barker Pass to Sierra City
Last September (2008) I hiked 5 days solo along the Pacific Crest Trail from Barker Pass (up from the West shore of Lake Tahoe) to Sierra City, about 73 trail miles North. It is probably not a sec...

February 14, 1:41pm

Ventana / Big Sur
Another area to consider that is still close enough to the Bay Area is the Ventana Wilderness / Big Sur area. Parts of it are very remote, rugged and beautiful. However, there was a huge fire the...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Bay Area Hike Suggestions
February 06, 2:26pm

permits
FYI, According to Yosemite's website, the Rancheria Falls trailhead has 21 reservable spots per day and 14 first come first served spots. I doubt it's a problem in April, but it would make...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Rancheria Falls Trip in April
February 06, 9:57am

All Reader Reviews by Jeremy Pendrey

Showing 1 - 10 of 11 | Page: 1 2

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Design FS exodus
I have taken the FS Exodus on 2 trips this summer with very different circumstances. Both left me very happy with the FS. First, in July, I hiked 130 miles along the PCT in the Sierra. For this t...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 27, 8:02pm

Vivo Barefoot Breatho Trail
NOTE: THIS REVIEW IS FOR MINIMALIST SHOE WEARING HIKERS. ONLY CONSIDER THESE SHOES FOR BACKPACKING IF YOU WEAR BAREFOOT/MINIMALIST SHOES FULL TIME ALL THE TIME (NOT JUST HIKING) Wore a new pair o...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
July 30, 7:53pm

Mountain Laurel Designs
I have to add my two cents about MLD's service. Early this summer I damaged the bottom of my Exodus pack. The damage was completely my fault (sliding down granite). I wrote Ron and asked if he ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
August 17, 10:00pm

Mountain Laurel Designs Exodus
The Exodus is the new 2009 version of the MLD Zip pack. So far, I have taken it on 2 overnight trips and one 9 day trip. This is my first frameless pack, so I can't compare to others, but the pa...

In Backpacks - Frameless
July 26, 5:20pm

Nuun Active Hydration tabs
These are my new go-to electrolyte replacement solution. I used them in conjunction with Saltstick pills on a 9 day TRT thru-hike. Prior to that hike I had always had evening headaches and sometimes...

In Foods - Energy Bars, Gels, and Drinks
July 26, 4:35pm

Mountain Laurel Designs Superlight
I agree with the first two reviewers that this is an excellent bivy to use with a tarp. It is extremely light (mine weighs in at 6 oz even not counting the stuff sack and cord that can be attached to...

In Shelters - Bivy Sacks
February 11, 9:17pm

Golite Ultra 20
I like this quilt but give it a 4 because the temperature rating is optimistic. I've used it once below freezing, and while I was fine, I had to layer up substantially. I used it on a mid-Septem...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
January 31, 2:21pm

Watchful Eye Designs Aloksak
There are other reviews on O.P. Saks/Aloksaks pertaining to the bear-can size and the food storage and protection issues those bags raise. This review concerns Aloksaks generally. The main problem w...

In Miscellaneous Products
June 21, 2:06pm

Jocalat bars (by Larabar) Chocolate
These are love 'em or hate 'em chocolate bars. I love them, but my kids hate them because they don't taste like typcial store bought chocolate bars. The bars are organic and vegan, so do...

In Foods - Energy Bars, Gels, and Drinks
June 21, 12:48pm

Sunday Afternoon Adventure hat
I highly recommend this hat for sun protection. This hat is light (M=2.5 oz on my scale) and provides full sun coverage due to the long back and wide brim, which allows you to carry much less sunbloc...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
June 21, 12:07pm