Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Peter Surna (PedroArvy) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Melbourne
About Me Peter Surna has not added a biography yet.
CityMelbourne
StateVictoria
CountryAustralia
My Website URLhttp://yart.com.au/pa/page.aspx

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Peter Surna

Showing 141 - 150 of 250 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Forum » Thread

2 cents
In a bivy, you definitely don't need dryloft as you have the outer layer of the bivy to give spray and wind protection. Under a tarp without a bivy in poor weather you are mad without a bivy...

In GEAR » Western Mountaineering: mf or dryloft
September 24, 2:20am

Sell those tents
I told you you should start selling those tents Roger!

In Editor's Roundtable » When Things Go Wrong
September 24, 2:07am

uming and ahhing
After uming and ahhing I use quilts exclusively. I am a side sleeper and I had to learn how to use them. It took time. This is similar to a lot of ultralight gear, the lighter you get the more like...

In GEAR » Help abouth Golite Ultra 20!
September 18, 5:39pm

Tarp and bivy wins
I sold it too because: - Setup was a bit temperamental and - It's a bit cramped. Still with my tarp and bivy at this stage. Yes you are cramped in a bivy when its done up but when its no...

In GEAR » GG One - What's wrong?
September 17, 11:44pm

My 2 cents
I am a medium sleeper and have owned a few of these bags. Here's my suggestion. Lows down to 20 - Arc Alpinist with 2oz overfill, I would have to sleep in my top + Cocoon UL 60 Pullover + l...

In GEAR » Nunatak Arc?
September 16, 10:16pm

Five Passes
A better walk than those tracks is a walk called the Five Passes. There are no huts but in my opinion it is a far greater wilderness experience. You do need maps and navigational experience f...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Help me plan a hike in New Zealand please!
September 11, 7:42pm

WTB: Mountian Laurel Designs Poncho Tarp
I am after one of these tarps in the 9' model made from sil nylon. Anyone want to part with one? Please email me direct at petras.surna@yart.com.au

In Gear Swap » WTB: Mountian Laurel Designs Poncho Tarp
September 10, 5:24pm

WTB: Cocoon UL 60 Pullover
Have found what I wanted!

In Gear Swap » WTB: Cocoon UL 60 Pullover
September 06, 8:55pm

Nallo 3 comments
Well I have a Nallo 3GT (similar to Nallo 3 with bigger vestibule) and thinks its OK, not great, just OK. See my review on this site. Other than the exceptionally lightweight fabric, the ventila...

In GEAR » Double wall tent
August 26, 6:38am

How to Train For Hiking
I have made a movie about how to train for hikes in Australia. And, if you want to look good in a bikini, I don't think there's anything much better.

In Post-Trip Reports » How to Train For Hiking
July 20, 2:54am

All Reader Reviews by Peter Surna

Showing 1 - 8 of 8 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
I am a side sleeper and have used the Prolite 3 and normally a 3/4 length Prolite 4 but find the NeoAir to be far more comfortable. If you blow up the NeoAir on a warm sunny day you will find that ...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
September 05, 7:49pm

Titanuium Goat Ptarmigan Bivy
Likes - I have the version with the mesh/fabric hood and use the bivy with the mesh over my face 99% of the time. This is much more comfortable and less claustrophobic than momentum fabric over my ...

In Shelters - Bivy Sacks
September 02, 8:44am

Stephenson 2R
It won’t fall down, it withstands high wind but there are too many usability issues with this tent to make it easy to use. Perhaps 10 years ago these tents were ahead of their time. Now they are n...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
October 22, 4:56pm

Six Moon Designs StarLite
I like the design of this pack but have issues over the quality and durability. On its second use, and with no real loads and no bush whacking, the mesh separated from its elastic on one of the sid...

In Backpacks - Frameless
October 22, 12:09am

Feathered Friends Hummingbird, Epic outer
This bag has an Epic outer and a 0.85 inner with 2oz overfill. It weighs about 830 grams. Two of my friends have asked me to recommend bags to them and I have recommended WM Ultralights but someho...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
January 30, 5:00am

Hilleberg Nallo 3GT 2005
I bought this tent in 2005 for really wet windy weather for 2 above the tree line. Pros: - Massive size for the weight of 2.75kg - Huge vestibule, I have never seen a bigger vestibule on a te...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
January 08, 4:28pm

Icebreaker Superfine 190
I second the above.

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
September 06, 1:48am

Nunatak Arc Ghost
Pros: Lots of loft for the 400 grams of total weight. More than a WM Highlight for instance. Cons: Too narrow. Way too narrow to sleep in for me and I like sleeping bags people normally say are too...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
September 03, 6:17am