BPL Community Profile

Paul Tree (Paul_Tree) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Wowwww
About Me 5' 10", 170 lb, 41" chest
StateCA
My Website URLhttp://www.flickr.com/photos/8804488@N02/sets/721576006

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Paul Tree

Showing 141 - 150 of 455 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...46

Forum » Thread

A-frame vs diagonal ski carry
A-frame needs the pack to not be too wide at the top, so it'll fit that A. That's great, nice low center of gravity for skiing down, and 2000 cu in/32 liters should fit fine down there. ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Input on ski pack
December 02, 2:23pm

Ask nicely?
Although they may be past 30 days, unused, I'd be surprised if they really wouldn't exchange them for you if you pay shipping. Doesn't hurt to try. Spirit of the holidays and all that.

In Gear Swap » BPL featherlite Vapor mitts (Size Med) - Brand New 2008
December 02, 1:02pm

record low is....
Wow. That link also had record low: Lowest Temperature The lowest temperature in Arkansas, -29°, was recorded on February 13, 1905 at Pond Nevada record low is -50°, but that was on the oth...

In GEAR » Sleeping Bag Rating
December 02, 12:04pm

Arrrrgh
Told myself no posting today. Sorry I lied. Avalanche hazard brings group decision-making into crystal-sharp focus. You all just started pre-dawn, huffed 2 hours uphill, and the snow is amazing....

In Philosophy & Technique » Risk management, caution, and the potential benefits of taking chances
December 02, 11:20am

Safest
Staying at home is the safest. Everyone has their own levels, but it's great you are challenging yours. Thank your group. Don't be afraid to speak up though! You toss your voice in the r...

In Philosophy & Technique » Risk management, caution, and the potential benefits of taking chances
December 02, 12:20am

Arkansas temps
"January average temperatures range from 35° to 4° F" - http://www.netstate.com/states/geography/ar_geography.htm

In GEAR » Sleeping Bag Rating
December 02, 12:08am

fave ski carry
The A frame. Skis go under the side compression straps, 2 per side. A Voile, G3, or other strap is used to join them at the apex. Super bomber, balanced, doesn't interfere with your feet on sh...

In Make Your Own Gear » Input on ski pack
December 01, 9:26pm

sole
I had thought just the foam would dent, not the arch support. Could be wrong, this is something I've been asking Santa for, never tried them. The arch support, they say, adjusts but does no...

In GEAR » Diagnose my Socks...
December 01, 12:38pm

Sole brand footbeds
The home-moldable Sole footbeds are well well reviewed. So well in fact that TheBackcountry in Tahoe takes them back if you don't want them! $45. LINK Dean Karnazes pro model! Sole model co...

In GEAR » Diagnose my Socks...
December 01, 10:09am

Montbell Ultralight Inner Down Jacket AND Mountain Hardwear Phantom
"Barely on the side of warm" - guess that means more heat would be welcome.. Hmmm, you already have the R1. If that is nice and snug, use as a base layer and conserve the 7.5 ounces of...

In GEAR » Montbell Ultralight Inner Down Jacket vs. Mountain Hardwear Phantom
December 01, 12:26am

All Reader Reviews by Paul Tree

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Golite 2006 Reed Pants
I have a later version with leg zips. When hiking steep uphills, these pants are a real handicap because they try to keep you from lifting your knee. Made my summit twice as hard to keep fighting that...

In Clothing - Raingear
November 02, 10:24am

OR Verglas Gaiters (mens)
You rate them without ever having used them? That is beyond belief. Quote: "I give these a 4, without using them outside at all, so be aware they may be a 5 for a particular use." Or,...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
November 11, 1:31pm

GU Energy Gel
They do work, better than PowerGel. Faster than food. Works fine at low temps. I don't mind the taste or texture. I've gone snowboarding all day with no other food than 5 GU packets. Cons:...

In Foods - Energy Bars, Gels, and Drinks
October 17, 4:10pm

Jocalat bars (by Larabar) Chocolate
These things are awesome. 240 calories and very small and uber healthy. They had them at Trader Joe's.

In Foods - Energy Bars, Gels, and Drinks
October 17, 4:02pm