Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Paul Wozniak (PaulW) - BPL Guest

My Locale Midwest
About Me Paul Wozniak has not added a biography yet.
StateMichigan
My PDF Gear List3 season

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Paul Wozniak

Showing 141 - 150 of 254 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

Forum » Thread

Baseball?
Ken, When you've smelled the dirt diving back to second, stood back in the box after a little chin music, won and lost big games by a hair's breath, you're hooked for life. I've ...

In Chaff » Baseball?
April 03, 7:49am

Heavy Weight Beginnings
First serious trip was a month on the AT, late spring 1974. Colin Fletcher's "The Complete Walker" was the bible. It got me thinking hard about weight. Bought a Jansport pack tha...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Heavy Weight Beginnings
February 19, 9:42am

Poncho vs Rain Jacket and Pants
Craig, "The feeling of being draped in a giant blanket is really annoying to me-" Have you looked at your avatar lately? P.S. Just an attempt at humor..hope no offense is ta...

In GEAR » Poncho vs Rain Jacket and Pants
February 16, 11:26am

Spinnshelter or Silshelter??
Darren, I own the MLD Patrol spin and can offer only subjective info, others may have hard data. I had reservations when I first received the shelter. After 22 nights I can say that I give it ...

In GEAR » Spinnshelter or Silshelter??
February 16, 7:45am

Poncho vs Rain Jacket and Pants
Clay, A poncho can be a great option when temps won't drop below 45F and you are strictly on trail. Obviously there are a lot of ways to do this right. My rig is a separate tarp (MLD P...

In GEAR » Poncho vs Rain Jacket and Pants
February 16, 7:31am

2009 SHT Thru Hike - Exos weight
Dan, Just an FYI, the Osprey Exos 46 Medium specs out at 37 oz. The weights unfortunately were increased from the specs given at last years Outdoor Show. You can find the pack and specs on the ...

In Gear Lists » 2009 SHT Thru Hike List
January 28, 7:17am

packing the atmos 50
I use the Atmos 35 occassionally and like it. I put a garbage sack in the bottom and stuff the sleeping bag and dry clothes in it to fill the unusual shape at the bottom of the pack. You get much ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » packing a pack
January 14, 7:07am

re: Implications of UL Base Weight
Brad, I agree that an SUL base weight doesn't mean too much if it's a one-nighter. I think what you are mulling over is what level of light, UL, or SUL is relevant. IMO, if you are lighter...

In Philosophy & Technique » Implications of UL Base Weight
January 06, 2:44pm

re: FS: Osprey Atmos 35
Dave, Couldn't resist "witnessing" for this pack. My son owns the Atmos 35 and I used it on a September trip. 6 days, 5 nights. This pack managed that volume of gear (just)...

In Gear Swap » FS: Osprey Atmos 35
December 23, 9:11am

9 day menu
Kevin, I know you are interested in dehydrating all your own food but I do have a recommendation if you are interested in commercial foods. I just got off a 6 day trip and I carried and "c...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » 9 day hike menue - group of five
October 08, 12:02pm

All Reader Reviews by Paul Wozniak

Paul Wozniak has posted no reviews.