BPL Community Profile

Manfred Kopisch (Orienteering) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Manfred Kopisch hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Manfred Kopisch has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Manfred Kopisch

Showing 141 - 150 of 392 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...40

Forum » Thread

SMD Haven and two WM sleeping bags
My wife and I use an SMD Haven. We love the versatility of being able to bring/use the inner net when there are bugs, but don't have to otherwise. We also enjoy to have each our own door on our...

In GEAR » Camping with partner?
February 08, 11:42am

Great to see so many kids at GGG 5.0
Thank you to everyone who brought their kids to Henry Coe! It was very refreshing to see so many kids at GGG 5.0. UL techniques that I mostly learnt on BPL have helped my children tremendousl...

In Photo Gallery » 5th Annual Gathering of Gear Geeks 2013: Henry Coe State Park, California
January 28, 4:21pm

Great to see all the kids
Michael, great to see that you are bringing your 10 year old son! Right now we should have at least 10 kids between 9 and 14 there. Jeremy, I hear you about your daughter. Our 14 year old...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 5th Annual Bay Area G.G.G. aka GGG 5.0 1/25-27, 2013 Henry W Coe
January 24, 6:37pm

GPS Loaners and Class
Rick, No problem. I will bring seven GPS receivers that are set up for the geocaches and ready to go. How-to classes will be offered for anyone who asks - whether they have their own GPS or take...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 5th Annual Bay Area G.G.G. aka GGG 5.0 1/25-27, 2013 Henry W Coe
January 23, 9:52am

Tumbles and Tenkara
Both topics are of course unrelated :) Tumbles: Yes, we had several tumbles on the SHR that could have been way worse. The SHR requires constant attention. A wandering mind or a tired mind ca...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » SHR vs. JMT (opinions sought from those who have DONE BOTH).
January 22, 4:58pm

Importing Gecaches to Smartphone (Gaia GPS)
James, great to hear that these resources are useful for you. Now that you have the geocache locations printed, you can of course enter them manually into Gaia GPS. I suggest you import the GPX ...

January 21, 2:50pm

JMT or SHR
OK - Here we go... Last summer I have done both -- first the JMT from North to South and then the SHR from South to North. Here is the trip report for the JMT and here is the trip report for the S...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » SHR vs. JMT (opinions sought from those who have DONE BOTH).
January 21, 12:35am

Interesting - so far 7 girls signed up for geocaching
I just noticed that all 7 kids who got signed up so far (ages 9, 9, 11, 11, 12, 12 , 14) are girls. That is quite a coincidence. Is anyone bringing boys to Henry Coe? Manfred

January 19, 4:44pm

PDF with Photos of Geocache locations for Download
The prior post provided a link to download a GPX file directly to your GPS or smartphone with geocaching app. Here is a link to a pdf file with photos and coordinates of each geocache. The p...

January 18, 9:20pm

GPS data -- Geocaching for Kids
For everyone who brings their own GPS or their smartphone with a geocaching app, I prepared a GPX file for download. Gaia GPS and OruxMaps are two of several apps for your iPhone or your Androi...

January 18, 11:10am

All Reader Reviews by Manfred Kopisch

Manfred Kopisch has posted no reviews.