Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bradford Rogers (Mocs123) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southeast Tennessee
About Me Bradford Rogers has not added a biography yet.
StateTennessee
My Website URLhttp://www.facebook.com/groups/228683055956?ap=1
My PDF Gear ListPecos Wilderness Late May 2015

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bradford Rogers

Showing 141 - 150 of 2034 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...204

Forum » Thread

12 days of food in a Bearikade Weekender?
I am planning a 12 day trip without resupply in Gates of the Arctic National Park and I have to figure out how I am going to store my food. I have a Bearikade Weekender but I am not sure I could f...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » 12 days of food in a Bearikade Weekender?
April 07, 7:52pm

Re: Gates of the Artic National Park Alaska - August
I have a new cog to add to the shelter insert wheel - I have a 7.2oz SMD Meteor Bivy I forgot I had. I think it could be used with the Golite or the HMG Mid. I have never used it with the golite,...

In Gear Lists » Gates of the Artic National Park Alaska - August
April 06, 9:06pm

Re: Fuel consumption
Mole, you may be right as I normally use 15ml of denatured alcohol per boil with the Caldera Cone/12-10 Stove combo. I normally use 1oz of fuel per day on my spreadsheets to add insurance, but you...

In GEAR » Stove fuel usage
April 06, 8:51pm

Re: Thanks
The old Golite shelters were made from a heavier 1.7oz silnylon (most is 1.1oz) and are very burly. In 2012?? They changed to a PU coated nylon that wasn't as strong.

In GEAR » Tarp/Tent materials... Is poly just too heavy?
April 06, 1:40pm

Stove fuel usage
I am planning for a 2 week trip to Alaska this summer and am debating about my stove choice. I have never done a trip longer than 8 days in the backcountry so I usually use a caldera cone alcohol s...

In GEAR » Stove fuel usage
April 06, 1:28pm

Re: Tarp/Tent materials... Is poly just too heavy?
It's not a nylon vs polyester thing. Spinniker tarps and shelters (I don't think there are any on the market anymore) are made out of a silicon coated polyester much like Silnylon is silico...

In GEAR » Tarp/Tent materials... Is poly just too heavy?
April 06, 11:38am

Re: Re: First Aid Emergency Kit
I carry a pretty minimal kit but here it goes: a few ibreprofrin, a few Imodium, a couple of Benadryl (all in micro button ziplocs), a few pieces of pre cut luekotape on label sheets, a single use ...

In GEAR » First Aid Emergency Kit
April 03, 5:59pm

Re: Re: Re: Gates of the Artic National Park Alaska - August
I will probably get my clothes permithian treated before the trip in that case as well.

April 02, 8:41pm

Re: Re: Gates of the Artic National Park Alaska - August
I am not sure if the bearikade can fit all my food but it should if I pack carefully. I packed 6 days worth of food in a bearvault solo a few years ago before I got the bearikade. I will be above...

April 02, 2:17pm

Re: This looks like a cool trip.
I do have a couple of pairs of gaiters, an old pair of Integral Designs eVent Shortie gaiters and a pair of Simblissity Levagaiters. I don't normally wear gaiters but I could bring them if nee...

April 01, 10:59pm

All Reader Reviews by Bradford Rogers

Bradford Rogers has posted no reviews.