BPL Community Profile

Craig Burton (MissingUtah) - BPL Guest

My Locale Smoky Mountains
About Me Craig Burton has not added a biography yet.
CityCharlotte
StateNC
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear List7 Days / 6 Nights summer in the Smokies

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Craig Burton

Showing 141 - 149 of 149 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Forum » Thread

Just a thought I've pondered for a while
It wasn't until I added the 4th season (this season) to my backpacking calendar when I finally used a sleeping pad for the first time. Suffice to say, with only a few years of backpacking unde...

In GEAR » Sleeping pad choices
February 05, 11:46am

11.5?
I'm usually a tweener for 11 and 11.5, but I'm afraid an 11.5 is too big. Is there a European size listed on the tag? I have been looking for these shoes. EDIT: Nevermind. I thought t...

In Gear Swap » Merrell Moab Ventilators Mens 11.5
February 04, 10:15pm

Tried it
A while back I bought a bottle each of eucalyptus and peppermint Dr. Bs. When packing for a trip I wasn't paying attention and packed my eucalyptus flavor in to my misc. stuffsack when I meant...

In Multiple Use Gear » Dr. Bronners as Toothpaste?
January 21, 8:11am

Two things worth mentioning
Sorry, I failed to mention two things 1) The 100% polyester isn't like what you see as a 100% polyester shirt or whatever. This polyester appears to have a ripstop characteristic to it (wou...

In Make Your Own Gear » 100% polyester bivy top?
January 21, 7:40am

100% polyester bivy top?
I went out to Wal-Mart the other day to purchase some $1/yd. materials to test my abilities of MYOG shelters before I delve in to any huge shelter purchases over the next few months. I found 12 ...

In Make Your Own Gear » 100% polyester bivy top?
January 21, 7:06am

an alternative
Surprisingly I've never seen any recommendations on here of the particular setup I use, but I use all-purpose DWR outer softshells in weather down to the mid 30s (daytime). I no longer carry r...

In GEAR » wind pants as main hiking pants?
January 11, 10:46pm

Shoes
Thanks for the suggestions, guys. I totally missed the eVENT shoes when I was on the Kayland website earlier today. They look like real quality stuff; now if I can only find a place to try on t...

In GEAR » 3 season eVENT shoes or boots?
January 11, 9:10pm

3 season eVENT shoes or boots?
So, I've been a boot guy since I started backpacking. I use a pair of Scarpas with full leather uppers of one-piece leather. These are great boots and they've served me well for nearly tw...

In GEAR » 3 season eVENT shoes or boots?
January 11, 8:39pm

Kind of new to lightweight backpacking
Hi all: I've always knew about lightweight backpacking, but I've always brushed it off as something that isn't for me. I've encountered BPL a few times, but I never extensively ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Kind of new to lightweight backpacking
November 18, 5:00pm

All Reader Reviews by Craig Burton

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Pro Lite Gear customer service
Normally I don't do company reviews, but I have just now been impressed by a record processing time by Pro Lite Gear. I've been exposed to pick-and-pack warehousing during my career; and I ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 17, 4:36pm