BPL Community Profile

Richard DeLong (Legkohod) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Eastern Europe / Caucasus
About Me Citizen of the world. UL backpacker and mountain lover among other things. Did the PCT in 2009 ("Buckwheat"), blogged about it at BudgetPCT.blogspot.com. Hiked for 3.5 months through the mountains of Europe in 2011. More to come.
CityKiev / Tbilisi
CountryUkraine / Georgia / USA
My Website URLhttp://Legkohod.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Richard DeLong

Showing 141 - 150 of 367 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...37

Forum » Thread

the Inov-8 sizing thread
My typical shoe size is 12 or 12.5. I have worn three models of inov-8s extensively: 305: go 1/2 a size up -- 13 fits me perfectly 320: go 1/2 a size up -- 13 fits great 315: go 1 or 1.5 size ...

In GEAR » the Inov-8 sizing thread
October 23, 8:57am

bivy
PM sent.

In Gear Swap » FS: Golite Hut 2, Oware Simple Bivy (Double Size),
October 21, 6:32pm

fall meeting?
I recently moved to MN after finishing the PCT. Are there any meetings planned for this fall?

In Chaff » MN BPL Chapter Lunch 4/18 Headcount Needed
October 21, 10:02am

New prices!
Hammock - $18 Bug net - $45 Shipping to CONUS included in price.

In Gear Swap » FS: Hammock and MYOG universal hammock bug net
October 10, 7:09pm

Re: Regular/Large
Consider also the JRB sale through Oct. 15. FYI.

In Gear Swap » WTB WM Highlite or RAB Quantum 250 or JRB
October 08, 10:11am

Sponge bath
Nobody's mentioned sponges. I used half of a sponge on the PCT for my nightly before-bed foot scrubs and fairly frequent crotch, leg, armpit, etc. scrubs. The rough side of the sponge is good f...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Cleanliness on the trail
October 07, 10:02pm

SMD Meteor Bivy for 2 people
This seems to be the only bivy that combines the advantages of a bivy with the headroom of a net tent. The 1-person version is here: http://www.sixmoondesigns.com/ultralight/myo_Meteor.asp ...

In GEAR » SMD Meteor Bivy for 2 people
October 07, 9:29pm

Constraints on total gear volume
I might find myself in a similar position, thanks to my gearophilia, but I am forced to keep my gear collection pared down to a minimum -- all my permanent belongings including current gear must be...

In Editor's Roundtable » All the Gear a Guy Could Want
October 07, 7:22am

Army duffel bag
Here's a solution from a well-traveled friend. For checked luggage, use a US Army duffel bag with a padlock around the top. No one will go to the effort of trying to cut it or break the lock...

In GEAR » Airline Travel - What bag do I choose?
October 06, 7:53pm

FS: Hammock and MYOG universal hammock bug net
The following items are for sale: 1_________$18 Green Grand Trunk UL hammock (formerly "The Travel Hammock"). Weighs 14 oz on my scale. Used 2 nights and in like new condition. $20 in...

In Gear Swap » FS: Hammock and MYOG universal hammock bug net
October 03, 7:50pm

All Reader Reviews by Richard DeLong

Showing 1 - 10 of 24 | Page: 1 2 3

Review

Category

Klymit Inertia X Frame
This is a preliminary review that will be updated later this spring/summer when I get more experience with the sleeping pad outdoors. I will post what I know so far in order to help answer people'...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
March 29, 10:32am

Katabatic Gear Palisade Quilt
This is a preliminary review based on testing the Palisade on my balcony. I'll be using it all summer in the mountains of Europe and will update the review later this summer. The quilt is beaut...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
March 29, 10:30am

Gossamer Gear Nightlight Torso
I have seen no other pad that is as comfortable for the weight. True, for most people the Nightlight is not thick enough, but then use two! I doubt you will find a softer, more comfortable pad for the...

In Sleeping Pads - Foam
February 01, 10:16am

Bozeman Mountain Works Torsolite Pad
I liked this pad while it lasted. After maybe 10 or 20 nights it developed a leak that I could not detect even under water. I think I have had it with inflatable pads...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
January 27, 5:06am

BMW pro 90 balaclava
Like the previous reviewer, I did a modification of the Pro-90 hood. I cut the front piece all the way down and sewed on omnitape velcro (doesn't catch on clothes). I also modified the elastic cor...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
January 07, 10:29am

PossumDown Gloves (BPL Gear Shop)
I have been wearing these for two years. They are very warm and comfortable for their weight and do not stink up. Before them I'd tried several different kinds of gloves, such as polipropilene and...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
October 22, 8:23am

Mountain Laurel Designs Zip
DISCLAIMER: this is a pack that came out in 2007-2008 and was seen as a sturdy and robust pack for the SUL spirit of the times. This model has sinced been replaced by more robust packs that probably c...

In Backpacks - Frameless
September 28, 7:09am

Oware
I recently tried to make an order on bivysack.com and sent a couple of messages to Oware regarding my order. I have not received any replies regarding my issue and am not sure that the order followed ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
June 04, 7:00am

MLD Trailstar
My Trailstar weighs 468 grams, not 650 g as the previous poster stated. That's with the included linelocks and seam-sealing, but without the included rope for tie-outs. You could cut off the 10 li...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
April 07, 8:10am

Titanuium Goat Ptarmigan Bivy
I have used the bivy sack extensively, especially while thru-hiking the PCT. It works. The long length is great for 6'3'', and the width is great. I have the full netting option and used i...

In Shelters - Bivy Sacks
October 03, 4:20am