BPL Community Profile

Lance Marshall (Lancem) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon
About Me Lance Marshall has not added a biography yet.
My Website URLhttp://www.wvi.com/~ulmyog/
My PDF Gear ListPCT Gear Lists

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Lance Marshall

Showing 141 - 150 of 234 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Forum » Thread

Transferring Down
I've had great results with a 'down eductor'. Fast, no mess and accurate. Diagram: Diagram revised 11/6/10. Extension tube on outlet eliminated as shown in photos and video. T...

In Make Your Own Gear » Filling my Down Quilt
June 08, 10:29am

Re: WTB:Montbell Alpine Light Down Jacket Large
Exactly which jacket are you looking for? Alpine jacket, Alpine Light jacket, Ex Light jacket, or Down Inner jacket? Oregon Mountain Community (e-omc.com) has the Alpine Light Jacket on sale fo...

In Gear Swap » WTB:Montbell Alpine Light Down Jacket Large
June 03, 10:00am

layout on silnylon
Steve, Here's another suggestion. Do all your layout on full size paper, cut out the pattern, pin it to your fabric then cut out the fabric following the pattern. Some advantages are: yo...

In Make Your Own Gear » layout on silnylon
May 23, 9:49pm

Tarp beak calc?"
Clint, If you've already gone through the process of designing the tarp, a beak shouldn't give you any trouble. How much coverage you desire is up to you. If you chose too small of a...

In Make Your Own Gear » Tarp beak calc?
May 22, 10:15pm

Experiential Learning in the Heart of Utah
Nathan, Outstanding program and trip report! Thank you for sharing. -Lance (PS: I think you might want to adjust your spreadsheet. Your base pack weight appears to be counted twice in...

In Editor's Roundtable » Experiential Learning in the Heart of Utah
May 22, 9:48pm

Re: Central Oregon Cascade and Coast Gear List
Kenneth, The simplest low dollar weight reductions are the ground sheet and pad. 30" x 78" tyvek is about 3.5 ounces. Two mil plastic even less. CCF pad is cheap and light. Dump the ...

In Gear Lists » Central Oregon Cascade and Coast Gear List
May 16, 12:00am

Revisiting gear list
Leigh, Well done. Similar to what I took on a recent SoCal PCT section hike. A few thoughts for your consideration: Are the glasses you're taking tinted for sun protection? Is the cap fo...

In Gear Lists » Revisiting gear list
May 15, 2:21pm

remember the small items
Nice list. I also use several dry bags and stuff sacks in addition to a pack liner; quilt and sleep cloths in dedicated dry bag, miscellaneous items in a small bag, food in another, tp 'kit&...

In Gear Lists » Colorado summer gear list
May 12, 5:34pm

20L backpack pattern ? Free plans
Guy, I have plans for a 32L pack that could be narrowed 2 inches to approximately 20L. You're welcome to use them. Front and back: Vs Womens medium Golite Jam2: Link to patte...

In Make Your Own Gear » 20L backpack pattern ?
February 16, 2:28pm

Air trave with a backpacker stove
There are at least two sets of rules that apply here. The TSA rules regarding items and materials that might be used 'inappropriately' and DOT/FAA rules for air transportation of hazardous...

In GEAR » air travel with a backpacker stove
February 03, 9:02pm

All Reader Reviews by Lance Marshall

Lance Marshall has posted no reviews.