BPL Community Profile

Lance Marshall (Lancem) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon
About Me Lance Marshall has not added a biography yet.
My Website URLhttp://www.wvi.com/~ulmyog/
My PDF Gear ListPCT Gear Lists

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Lance Marshall

Showing 141 - 150 of 231 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Forum » Thread

Tarp beak calc?"
Clint, If you've already gone through the process of designing the tarp, a beak shouldn't give you any trouble. How much coverage you desire is up to you. If you chose too small of a...

In Make Your Own Gear » Tarp beak calc?
May 22, 10:15pm

Experiential Learning in the Heart of Utah
Nathan, Outstanding program and trip report! Thank you for sharing. -Lance (PS: I think you might want to adjust your spreadsheet. Your base pack weight appears to be counted twice in...

In Editor's Roundtable » Experiential Learning in the Heart of Utah
May 22, 9:48pm

Re: Central Oregon Cascade and Coast Gear List
Kenneth, The simplest low dollar weight reductions are the ground sheet and pad. 30" x 78" tyvek is about 3.5 ounces. Two mil plastic even less. CCF pad is cheap and light. Dump the ...

In Gear Lists » Central Oregon Cascade and Coast Gear List
May 16, 12:00am

Revisiting gear list
Leigh, Well done. Similar to what I took on a recent SoCal PCT section hike. A few thoughts for your consideration: Are the glasses you're taking tinted for sun protection? Is the cap fo...

In Gear Lists » Revisiting gear list
May 15, 2:21pm

remember the small items
Nice list. I also use several dry bags and stuff sacks in addition to a pack liner; quilt and sleep cloths in dedicated dry bag, miscellaneous items in a small bag, food in another, tp 'kit&...

In Gear Lists » Colorado summer gear list
May 12, 5:34pm

20L backpack pattern ? Free plans
Guy, I have plans for a 32L pack that could be narrowed 2 inches to approximately 20L. You're welcome to use them. Front and back: Vs Womens medium Golite Jam2: Link to patte...

In Make Your Own Gear » 20L backpack pattern ?
February 16, 2:28pm

Air trave with a backpacker stove
There are at least two sets of rules that apply here. The TSA rules regarding items and materials that might be used 'inappropriately' and DOT/FAA rules for air transportation of hazardous...

In GEAR » air travel with a backpacker stove
February 03, 9:02pm

Hammock forums
George, hammockforums.net seems to be the definitive forum for hammocks. Lots of info there. Regards, -Lance

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » seeking hammock technique info
February 01, 5:51pm

Free Cone Template
Here's a template for making a cone windscreen/pot stand for the Kmart Grease Pot. Designed for 1-1/2" tall Pepsi can stove plus 1" space between stove and pot. More info and pict...

In Make Your Own Gear » Kmart Grease Pot tips and mods?
February 01, 11:22am

Re: Bowl for Grease Pot
mm: Thanks for your 'critique'. FWIW, here's an explaination of the choices I've made. I consciously chose to use the original lid for a number of reasons. I like its durabi...

In Make Your Own Gear » Kmart Grease Pot tips and mods?
January 29, 6:31pm

All Reader Reviews by Lance Marshall

Lance Marshall has posted no reviews.