BPL Community Profile

Kier Selinsky (Kieran) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Seattle, WA
About Me Kier Selinsky has not added a biography yet.
CitySeattle
StateWA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kier Selinsky

Showing 141 - 150 of 513 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...52

Forum » Thread

Re: My experience
Aaron - curious to know - were you using any sort of strap or tie-down system to keep the quilt sealed down? Or were you letting gravity do the work?

In GEAR » Sleeping Bags vs Quilts
March 14, 4:05pm

Re: fudge
I don't think they're fudging the weight numbers, I just don't think the bag is going to be as warm as the quilt. As Lawson said: 6' of #5 zipper tape and 1 #5 locking slider w...

March 14, 1:36pm

Re: Re: Re: Apples and Oranges
>>were talking about the same quilt vs the same bag with the same rating with the same fabric and the same insulation by the same company ... 2 oz difference<< If you're only in ...

March 14, 12:10pm

Apples and Oranges
In your 2oz difference example, you're comparing a Nunatak arc to a Nunatak sleeping bag. A quick look shows they're pretty much the same, except that the bag gives a hood and a way to zip ...

March 13, 4:57pm

Re: lighter hygiene
you can make toothpaste tablets by leaving drops of toothpaste out to dry. just pop 'em in your mouth and brush and you're good to go.

In GEAR » lighter hygiene
March 13, 9:59am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Recommend a small pack
@Bump: the Sprint packs are the perfect example of what most pack makers seem to do these days. That is, make their kids' packs heavier than the adult packs! The 35L is 51oz, and the 48L is 62o...

In GEAR » Recommend a small pack
March 13, 9:30am

Re: Recommend a small pack
The MLD's are nice, but they're frameless. I really want him to have a frame because he's going to be carrying adult-sized loads (~15 lbs). I don't want full sized loads on his stil...

March 12, 11:13pm

Re: Re: Recommend a small pack
@Randy - I definitely want to do a framed pack. He has a lot of developing to do still, and I don't like the idea of him carrying much weight only on his shoulders with all that soft tissue in ...

March 12, 9:12pm

Re: Re: No Soot!
Thanks Vick - the wide based canister is what I'm going back to.

In GEAR » Avoiding soot from alchy stoves?
March 12, 9:04pm

Recommend a small pack
Took my son out for an overnighter this past weekend to get the cobwebs out of the gear and ourselves, and to test some new purchases I've made recently. Found out the hard way that he has real...

March 12, 5:16pm

All Reader Reviews by Kier Selinsky

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Driducks rainsuit
I picked up one of these suits excited to have some lightweight gear that was actually cheap. I got it home, and tried it on to be sure it fit. Then I repacked it and put it in my pack and went out to...

In Clothing - Raingear
November 01, 6:47am