BPL Community Profile

Nathan V (Junk) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The Great Lake State
About Me I have been backpacking for about 8 1/2 years, although I thought about trying it for a few years before that. I wish that i would have started earlier, I've had a lot of fun doing it.
CityColumbus
StateMichigan
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nathan V

Showing 141 - 150 of 176 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Forum » Thread

Re: Sewing Spinnaker
I just made a spinnaker pack cover and some stuff sacks. I used # 9 needle, and it worked OK.

In Make Your Own Gear » Sewing Spinnaker
June 07, 4:05pm

Re:Re: Dual Pads
Well said, Ben, I agree with you 100%.

In GEAR » Foam Pads/ Supplement Prolite 3
May 27, 3:41pm

Dual Pads
Ben, good point, the main reason that I tried that combo is because I already owned both pads. So I gave it a try and was pretty happy with the results. Also, I'm actually not unhappy with ...

May 27, 11:52am

RE: Foam Pads/ Supplement Prolite 3
I have tried exactly that, the the GG Nightlight torso on top of the Prolite 3 short, and was very happy with the results. To me it is a lot more comfortable than either one alone, and it still isn...

May 27, 9:45am

Canon A710 IS
I just picked up one of these , 9.5 oz with 2 AA's, 6X zoom, 7.1 mega pixels. So far I like it a lot, it does what I need in a camera.

In Photography » lightest digital that takes AA batteries
May 06, 5:01pm

Mini Bull
OK , Stephen, I have used the Elite #2 with both a Hieneken can and a Fosters can, and they both have worked for me. The Hieneken is quite a bit stronger, so it's the one I usually use. I can r...

In GEAR » lightest alcohol stove & pot setup
May 05, 4:42pm

RE: lightest alcohol stove & pot setup
I have had very good luck with the Elite #2 stove from www.minibulldesign.com , with a Heineken can pot. You don't even need a pot stand, the pot sits right on the stove.

In GEAR » lightest alcohol stove & pot setup
May 05, 12:53pm

Re: Your Avatar
Mine is a Lake Michigan sunset I took last october, near the sleeping bear dunes. My new one is me in Virginia on the AT.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Your Avatar
April 09, 4:27pm

Re: BPL Bushbuddy Pot
Hey Ryan, I have been patiently waiting for this pot,will it be comparable in price to say... the Snow Peak 900?

In GEAR » Bushbuddy
April 07, 5:53pm

Re: Re:Inov-8 Roclite 285
I have a pair of the 285's, but I have only worn them around the house and on a couple short hikes so far. I like them a lot, they are very light and comfortable. Can't wait to really try t...

In GEAR » Inov-8 Roclite 285
March 05, 5:30pm

All Reader Reviews by Nathan V

Nathan V has posted no reviews.