November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Nathan V (Junk) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The Great Lake State
About Me I have been backpacking for about 8 1/2 years, although I thought about trying it for a few years before that. I wish that i would have started earlier, I've had a lot of fun doing it.
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nathan V

Showing 141 - 150 of 182 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Forum » Thread

ProLite 4 weight
My regular weighs 24.5 oz, can't help with the other two sizes.

In GEAR » Anyone know the true weight of the THERM-A-REST ProLite 4 Sleeping Pad in Short, Women's and Regular?
November 23, 5:36pm

Miniposa aluminum stays
I made stays for my miniposa from #1916 easton aluminum arrow shafts. They bend easily with a little heat from a plumber's torch, and the little rounded ends that came in the carbon stays even ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Gossamer Gear Mariposa Plus Backpack REVIEW
September 15, 7:28am

Re: Atmos 50 weight
I have the original model, size medium, that doesn't get much use any more. But with a lot of cutting of excess straps, loops and the hydration sleeve, it now weighs 2 lbs 11 ozs.

In GEAR » Osprey Atmos 50 weight?
August 01, 5:51pm

Re:Re: FS: Lunar Solo E made with SPINN cloth
Email sent.

In Gear Swap » FS: Lunar Solo E made with SPINN cloth
July 24, 4:41pm

Re:Re: Finished my quilt
Thanks, Todd. You're correct about the size, I put on the jacket first, then put the quilt over that. It comes up to just under my armpits. You should give it a shot, I just borrowed a s...

In Make Your Own Gear » Finished my quilt
June 16, 4:38pm

Finished my quilt
I finished it last weekend, and tried it out last night, it actually worked very good. Besides sewing a couple stuff sacks and a pack cover, this was the first big item I have ever sewn. It tur...

In Make Your Own Gear » Finished my quilt
June 16, 8:04am

Re: Sewing Spinnaker
I just made a spinnaker pack cover and some stuff sacks. I used # 9 needle, and it worked OK.

In Make Your Own Gear » Sewing Spinnaker
June 07, 4:05pm

Re:Re: Dual Pads
Well said, Ben, I agree with you 100%.

In GEAR » Foam Pads/ Supplement Prolite 3
May 27, 3:41pm

Dual Pads
Ben, good point, the main reason that I tried that combo is because I already owned both pads. So I gave it a try and was pretty happy with the results. Also, I'm actually not unhappy with ...

May 27, 11:52am

RE: Foam Pads/ Supplement Prolite 3
I have tried exactly that, the the GG Nightlight torso on top of the Prolite 3 short, and was very happy with the results. To me it is a lot more comfortable than either one alone, and it still isn...

May 27, 9:45am

All Reader Reviews by Nathan V

Nathan V has posted no reviews.