Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Joe Cangelosi (JoeFish) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale All Over California
About Me I live in SF, but I work anywhere they'll pay me to go. I'm in LA quite a bit, but I can be found hiking all up and down the California coast, and any other place I can escape to.
My PDF Gear List3 Season CA Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Joe Cangelosi

Showing 141 - 150 of 159 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Forum » Thread

Transformation? Oh yeah.
I moved to California almost on a whim and went for a hike one day in Burbank because it sounded like a good idea. I thought it was a mountain (I'm from New Jersey). I saw yuccas, firecracker p...

In Philosophy & Technique » Did backpacking transform you?
June 20, 7:20pm

Re: tetons
Dave, and everybody, thanks for all the input. I am leaning towards copying Dylan's trip, though the permit situation may be tricky. I will start making some calls on tuesday. I am a somewh...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Where to go at bridger-teton NF?
June 20, 6:46pm

Re: Where to go at bridger-teton NF
Dylan, Was this on rock at your highest elevation? In other words, would I need a freestanding shelter to do your trip? Thanks, Joe

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Where to go at bridger-teton NF?
June 19, 11:14pm

Awesome. Thanks so much for the great tips. And so much detail! Can't wait to get out there.

June 19, 10:30pm

Re: Where to go at bridger-teton NF?
Mary, You're such a great resource, thanks! I'm planning on being out July 20-24, though I'm considering driving rather than flying, so that could ease up the out date (only 15 ho...

June 19, 7:00pm

Re: Where to go at bridger-teton NF?
Mary, Anything specific, or just the range in general?

June 19, 5:50pm

Re: New to Backpacking Want to Start Out Right
Hello! If shelter is at the top of your list, I would seriously look at Henry Shires' Tarptents. I have made a lot of spreadsheets analyzing tents and his always come out on top, including ...

In GEAR » New to Backpacking Want to Start Out Right
June 19, 12:00pm

Dylan, Looks like a great trip, thanks for sharing. Are there any maps you'd specifically recommend for the area you covered? Also, what kind of elevation did you reach there? Thanks!

June 19, 10:32am

Re: griz safety
Thanks for all the griz and other insight. Any more details you'd care to share on where to go in the TNW?

June 19, 12:36am

Re: re: teton forest
Dave, thanks for the thoughts. My experience is 20+ years of car camping and hiking, I've just only recently been out for multiple days with everything on my back. I've hiked extensively in...

June 17, 5:48pm

All Reader Reviews by Joe Cangelosi

Joe Cangelosi has posted no reviews.