Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Doug Smith (Jedi5150) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Central CA
About Me LEO K9 handler, with SAR, EMS background.
StateCalifornia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug Smith

Showing 141 - 150 of 286 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...29

Forum » Thread

Hilleberg Saitaris
I thought I'd update this thread with pictures of my new Saitaris. At 14lbs, it is probably pushing the ultra-light limit. (Hahahaha). But it will be our family backpacking tent, for 4 peopl...

In GEAR » Hilleberg Tent thread
February 09, 6:48pm

Pictures
Hi Paul, I'd love to see the photos but they aren't showing up. For some reason this forum doesn't allow the [img]......[/img] style format. What I have to do to put up pictures here ...

In Post-Trip Reports » Thousand Island Lake area of Ansel Adams
August 06, 5:20pm

Re: water
Thanks for reminding me. I was going to mention that and forgot to. Pretty much every stream it showed on my topo still had enough water coming down it to be usable. In some cases it was only a ...

In Post-Trip Reports » 1000 Island Lake
July 27, 8:30am

Re: 1000 Island Lake loops
Ah, got it. Acclimating 1/2 way into the River Trail for the first night is an excellent idea if you've got the time to spare. That will make the climb to 1000 Island Lake much more doable. ...

July 26, 5:37pm

Re: Timely...
Tim, thanks for the compliment on the photos! Vixen is a lucky dog, in fact, all of my backpacking has been with her. After several trips with less than ideal sleep at night, I'd love to try ...

July 26, 9:52am

Re: 1000 Island Lake
Thanks very much for the compliments on the photos! I had a fun time taking them and I'm glad you guys enjoyed them. I'll share a little bit about how I did it. For starters, I'm a b...

July 25, 10:31am

Re: Re:"1000 Island Lake"
"Where do you think your problem was with sleeping?" Ken, this was my 4th trip to Mammoth over the years, and I've never slept good even in a motel until the 4th night or so. I re...

July 25, 10:10am

1000 Island Lake
Here are a few pictures and a brief post-trip report on my backpacking trip to Thousand Island Lake, in the Sierras near Mammoth. I've been planning this trip for a couple years now and finall...

July 24, 10:11pm

Re: Re: Dri Ducks
Well, the store had one more set of Dri Ducks ultralight, and in my size, so I'm set that way. I weighed my pack after filling it in preparation for the trip. Total weight (including food f...

In Gear Lists » 1000 Island Lakes in July- Gear List
July 21, 5:31pm

Re: Dri Ducks
Thanks Andy. Unfortunately my local Walmart and Target don't seem to carry them. I did, however, find a Sports Authority store with them in stock about 1/2 an hour away from me. Maybe I'...

In Gear Lists » 1000 Island Lakes in July- Gear List
July 21, 12:53pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug Smith

Doug Smith has posted no reviews.