BPL Community Profile

Doug Smith (Jedi5150) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Central CA
About Me LEO K9 handler, with SAR, EMS background.
StateCalifornia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug Smith

Showing 141 - 150 of 257 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

Forum » Thread

Re: "Misty start, steep finish on the Lost Coast"
Great report and awesome pictures guys! Ken, I thought I was a "true Hilleberg believer"...but then I saw your bumper sticker on your bear cannister. You put me to shame. Hahaha

In Post-Trip Reports » Misty start, steep finish on the Lost Coast
May 29, 1:35pm

Re: dogs in tent
Jen, I live on the west coast, and we don't see a lot of poison Ivy. There may be some around but I don't run into it. We definitely get some stinging nettle in the creek aeas. Posion oak...

In GEAR » Tarptents and dogs?
May 28, 9:57pm

Re: My dog has no fleas!
I'm with Mary on the inside the tent pet camping. We use Frontline as well with great results. True, they do get poison oak, but the areas we camp in don't have it. We do dayhikes in ter...

In GEAR » Tarptents and dogs?
May 28, 5:56pm

Re: Seedhouse
Jennifer and Andy, thanks for the updates. That increases my confidence in the floor material. I really like the looks, weight and stats of the Copper Spur tents (1 and 2). The floor was the big...

In GEAR » BA tent comparison
May 27, 5:40pm

RE: BA tents
Thanks for the continued feedback guys. Samuel, you make a good point that footprints don't have to be heavy. Maybe I'm sweating over the light floor+ footprint issue too much. Stuart,...

May 27, 2:36pm

Re: better hat?
" I need something to cover the top of my head because the fauna is pretty sparse." If you're using fauna for shade those are some pretty big deer! ;-) (Flora is plantlife, fau...

In GEAR » better hat?
May 27, 11:15am

Re: Re: BA tent comparison
Not in some of them Ben. For instance I tried in my MSR Hubba, and it was a no-go. The Hubba is simply too coffin shaped and narrow. But judging from the dimensions of some of these tents (90&qu...

May 26, 8:28pm

Re: Israel: Negev Desert
Wow! Incredible photos! I also like the desert a lot. Many people think driving through Nevada on Interstate 50 or 80 is boring and ugly (my brother calls it "the absence of scenery"),...

In Photo Gallery » Israel: Negev Desert
May 26, 7:49pm

Re: Nice report
Thanks Ike and Yuri! I appreciate the remarks and I'm glad you enjoyed the report.

In Post-Trip Reports » Agnew Lake hike
May 26, 7:20pm

Re: Kilo?
Unfortunately she's spoiled, and refuses to sleep in the vestibule. :) But thanks for the suggestion, I checked it out.

May 26, 6:53pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug Smith

Doug Smith has posted no reviews.