Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Jake D (JakeDatc) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Bristol,RI
About Me http://www.geargrams.com/list?id=9466
CityBristol
StateRI

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jake D

Showing 141 - 150 of 1242 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...125

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: the opposite of ultralight
White Mountains AMC Hut Croo guys and girls do 80+ on a fairly regular basis on packboards. 100lb load is a right of passage for them.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » the opposite of ultralight
April 29, 9:30pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: things to consider
Troll or SAR case in the making..

In Gear Lists » This is my wilderness pack
April 28, 6:51am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Irrational Solo Fear
I like hiking/camping with friends but will do solo if plans can't be made. it does take some getting used to. I do pretty long days anyway so that helps with the sleeping. And if it doesn&#...

In Philosophy & Technique » Irrational Solo Fear
April 24, 8:17pm

Re: Pemi Loop
worst comes to worst you can just stay in the shelter. that is what I did. I decided i was tired and didn't feel like dealing with my tent so I stayed in there instead. at least Guyot is 2 l...

In Gear Lists » June Pemi Loop
April 22, 3:14pm

Re: Guyot and Garfield tent sites...
Rich, which way do you like to go? I did it in a day last year and went Bonds first counter clockwise. both campsites have shelters too if necessary. you can also do a fun trick by putting th...

In Gear Lists » June Pemi Loop
April 21, 10:19pm

Re: Re: Holy shirt! looking for recommendations
every shirt/fabric has some type of SPF... it is a matter if the company wants to pay for the people to test and certify it. testing costs money which gets passed on to you.

In GEAR » Holy shirt! looking for recommendations
April 18, 12:22pm

Re: Re: Re: 2014 AT thru hike gear list WITH PHOTOS!!!
"I am going to respectfully disagree on this one. You NEED something to clean your hands with!" you can wash your hands quite well with plain water.. the scrubbing action is more impor...

In Gear Lists » 2014 AT thru hike gear list
April 13, 5:41pm

Re: 2014 AT thru hike gear list WITH PHOTOS!!!
personally i'd go with a travel toothpaste instead of Dr bronners. You can get most stuff clean without soap and its better for the water sources. i don't use my cat stove anymore but w...

In Gear Lists » 2014 AT thru hike gear list
April 12, 9:39pm

Re: Re: micro-webbing
could send Osprey an email and see if they would sell you some. pretty sure the compression straps on my Exos is 1/4"

In Make Your Own Gear » micro-webbing
April 10, 7:48pm

Re: Super windy and cold SUL
if you say so. i don't like being cold so it all sounds bad to me. i stick with day hike/snowshoes in the winter. looks like Sphinx Col would be your best bet for a campsite. http://www....

In Gear Lists » LIST: SUL below freezing possible?
April 10, 5:57pm

All Reader Reviews by Jake D

Jake D has posted no reviews.