Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

John Roan (JRoan) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Vegas
About Me Up high, with the ancient bristlecones, or deep in a slot canyon.
CityLas Vegas
StateNV
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.MountainUltraLight.com
My PDF Gear ListCouples 3 season list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Roan

Showing 141 - 150 of 206 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Forum » Thread

Re: fear of unknown - tent to tarp
My wife, two dogs, and I switched to a GG SpinnTwinn from our Refuge X this year...not for negligible weight savings. We enjoy not only a more open feel, but also a condensation free morning. The e...

In GEAR » fear of unknown - tent to tarp
September 20, 9:47pm

Re: How do I get and stay asleep on the trail?
Advil PM works for me...helps with aches and pains, and knocks me out for at least half the night.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How do I get and stay asleep on the trail?
September 20, 8:21pm

New Inferno stove from Trail Designs!
Hendrik, very nice job on the video. I have had my inferno out in the field a couple of times now - all with the same good results. Next up...MYOG inferno for Heineken pot for a total of ar...

In GEAR » New Inferno stove from Trail Designs!
September 18, 11:39am

Re: refuge x material
John, The Refuge X has a silnylon floor, and the rest is cuben. The cuben is much lighter than silnylon, but pretty tough, although elss puncture resistant. If you go with the GG SpinnTwinn,...

In GEAR » 2 person tent vs Double Rainbow...
September 17, 1:18pm

Re: Re: refuge X
The Refuge X is definitely not bullet proof, but what UL shelter is? With proper care and site selection, it is a great shelter... ...although I do prefer my GG SpinnTwinn for its extra room...

In GEAR » 2 person tent vs Double Rainbow...
September 16, 9:08pm

Re: Re: cuben fiber
Not sure what weight was used on my SMD Refuge X, but it does puncture very easily. Holds up well to wind though. I wouldn't use it for stuff sacs with anything pointy (is that a word?)

In GEAR » .33 Cuben
September 14, 8:48pm

Re: "The Best"
Mine is the Excalibur 9 tray without the timer. I've had all 9 trays full at once when I've a ton of different fruits, pasta sauce, etc. But in most cases, 5 trays would be fine. I don'...

In GEAR » Food Dehydrator
September 14, 8:35pm

Re: WTB: Gossamer Gear Sitlight Pad, GG Nightlight Sleeping Pad Torso Length, 1/8'' ~72-20'' CCF Pad
Chris, I have made two torso sized folding pads using a Nunatak Lunpad. I made two 20 x 39 pads, that fold into four (approx) 10 x 20 sections, simply using a utility knife and some strips of du...

In Gear Swap » WTF: Gossamer Gear Sitlight Pad, GG Nightlight Sleeping Pad Torso Length, 1/8'' ~72-20'' CCF Pad
September 13, 9:54pm

Re: mug
Heineken keg...1oz, multi use (enjoy the beer, boil water, use as a mug...)

In GEAR » Looking for a good pot/ cup
September 13, 9:24pm

Re: Re: Re: single wall tent
I've had good results in my SMD Refuge-X, but living in Vegas (i.e. very low humidity), condensation is not much of a consideration. That said, I have woken to some good condensation in the ...

In GEAR » the great single wall tent debate
September 13, 8:14pm

All Reader Reviews by John Roan

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Trail Designs Caldera Stove
My rating is actually 4.5 out of 5 (not an option in the drop down box). I...

In Stoves - Alcohol
November 19, 5:35pm

Trail Designs Ti-Tri Inferno
The guys at Trail Designs have built a reputation for themselves by providing innovative products and excellent customer service. Their Caldera Cone system was a revolution in UL wind screen/pot holde...

In Stoves - Other
August 21, 5:35pm