Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Richard Scruggs (JRScruggs) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon
About Me Richard Scruggs has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Richard Scruggs

Showing 141 - 150 of 452 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...46

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Weight Pinnacle
That Zero-G Shelter is a genuine gem, Miguel! A real "Tinkerbell" solution! It would give fly-fishing a whole new meaning. And just think of its significance for the LNT movement! ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Cottage Stagnation and Recent Gems
January 06, 11:15am

Re: Weight Pinnacle
The next major innovation will be helium-inflated pack frames that multi-function as float-like-a-cloud sleeping pads, leading to SZBPW (Sub-Zero Base Pack Weight).

January 06, 12:10am

Re: The whiny thread
Skeeter bites, tick bites, snake bites, bear bites, and no fish bites.

In Chaff » The whiny thread
January 04, 10:09am

Re: No new gear?
And wonder how many folks will resist a used silnylon Trailstar at a great price when they show up on gear swap once the cuben version hits the shelf?

In Philosophy & Technique » No New Gear 2012
January 03, 1:45am

Re: No New Gear 2012
Two days into the new year, and no new gear purchased yet. This is really, really hard! I will be strong. I will be strong. I will be strong. At least until a "great deal" come...

January 03, 12:55am

Re: Re: Re: GPS
To close the circle and return to the thread's path, when is someone going to innovate the GPS to include a comforting voice giving directions? Like, "Go a little bit to the left. Good...

January 02, 11:22am

Re: No New Gear 2012
Careful, Craig. Without the talismanic power of new gear, you may be jinxed.

January 02, 11:14am

Re: BPL is cottage too
Re Cameron's comment that, "BPL, pioneered the magazine without a magazine, a gear shop without gear, and outrageous shipping costs for stupid light packages." Actually, BPL pionee...

December 31, 7:24pm

Re: $$
Just my opinion, but I didn't read Ryan's commentary on "cottage stagnation" as attacking cottage folks generally or any cottage outfit in particular, nor as motivated by financia...

December 28, 12:37am

Re: spy capsules
With a truly "mini" firesteel (3.7 grams) also stored in the capsule, you can use the firesteel to "pry" the last of the tinder from the capsule -- http://firesteel.com/fi...

In GEAR » knife AND a light for 1 ounce :)
December 27, 8:42pm

All Reader Reviews by Richard Scruggs

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Aloksak O.P 12.5 x 20"
They do last a looooooooooooong time when used as a map case, though. JRS

In Miscellaneous Products
August 29, 2:18pm

Base Designs 1000ml Titanium Pot
Just received one of the 1000 ml Base Designs titanium pots from ProLite. At $19 plus shipping (and shipping is free within USA if order exceeds $50), this pot appears to be a bargain for what appear...

In Cookware - Titanium
March 07, 10:50pm

Backcountrygear.com
Have had many, many on-line orders at Backcountry Gear over several years, and experienced only a single error in all those transactions when they sent the wrong color of an item. As it turned out, I...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
March 03, 1:52pm

National Geographic TOPO! Outdoor Recreation Mapping Software - California
Several years ago, I purchased mapping software for a few of the "regional" areas produced by National Geographic. For example, the software included the North Cascades on one disk, the Sout...

In Navigation Gear & Accessories
February 06, 5:38pm