BPL Community Profile

Richard Scruggs (JRScruggs) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon
About Me Richard Scruggs has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Richard Scruggs

Showing 141 - 150 of 443 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...45

Forum » Thread

Re: spy capsules
With a truly "mini" firesteel (3.7 grams) also stored in the capsule, you can use the firesteel to "pry" the last of the tinder from the capsule -- http://firesteel.com/fi...

In GEAR » knife AND a light for 1 ounce :)
December 27, 8:42pm

Re: Colors
Re Randy: "I have a Patagonia Houdini in Clementine orange and got a great deal on it." Great deals can be found when "last year's colors" are being cleared from i...

In GEAR » Patagonia Brilliant Neon Colors in Outdoor Gear - Woohoo!
December 27, 8:25pm

Maybe it scares bears! Or maybe not.
Formerly known as MSR Missing Link, now known as MSR Extinct ==

In GEAR » Patagonia Brilliant Neon Colors in Outdoor Gear - Woohoo!
December 27, 3:05pm

Re: Ryan's solo tent thread
Ditto +10 And wish you the very best with BPL for the New Year, Ryan.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Ryan's solo tent thread
December 22, 1:43am

Re: Solo Tent Feedback Request
Dr. Jordan -- Appreciate the thread, and looking forward to your input and article. Here's my contribution: "So, is it really all about the bugs?" Not always -- only if t...

In GEAR » Solo Tent Feedback Request
December 21, 1:40am

Re: Re: What can you do.
Synchronistic angst seems to be in the air --- or perhaps not synchronicity, but just that others here have visited Ryan Jordan's latest posting at his blog: http://ryanjordan.com/blog/2011/...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Open Letter: Don't make the Gear Swap for members only
December 19, 8:25pm

Re: Are you new here?
In 2010, a number of "lightweight testimonials" were submitted to BPL by folks who were describing why/how they switched to packing lighter. Several of those essays were selected for pub...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Are you new here?
December 19, 7:25pm

Re: Re: Re: New member sale
Noting that there's a "survey" link on BPL's main page that asks for suggestions to improve BPL (in case any one hasn't yet found that link already), and maybe someone can put...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Open Letter: Don't make the Gear Swap for members only
December 19, 5:31pm

Re: New member sale
That's nice, David. Very nice! Unfortunately, BPL is probably like the mafia and won't let life members quit and then sign up again. Besides those tatoos are a dead giveaway ;) ...

December 19, 4:59pm

Re: I just became a member
David, Don't you have the urge to celebrate by offering a big Oware sale?

December 19, 4:14pm

All Reader Reviews by Richard Scruggs

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Aloksak O.P 12.5 x 20"
They do last a looooooooooooong time when used as a map case, though. JRS

In Miscellaneous Products
August 29, 2:18pm

Base Designs 1000ml Titanium Pot
Just received one of the 1000 ml Base Designs titanium pots from ProLite. At $19 plus shipping (and shipping is free within USA if order exceeds $50), this pot appears to be a bargain for what appear...

In Cookware - Titanium
March 07, 10:50pm

Backcountrygear.com
Have had many, many on-line orders at Backcountry Gear over several years, and experienced only a single error in all those transactions when they sent the wrong color of an item. As it turned out, I...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
March 03, 1:52pm

National Geographic TOPO! Outdoor Recreation Mapping Software - California
Several years ago, I purchased mapping software for a few of the "regional" areas produced by National Geographic. For example, the software included the North Cascades on one disk, the Sout...

In Navigation Gear & Accessories
February 06, 5:38pm