BPL Community Profile

Larry De La Briandais (Hitech) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale SF Bay Area
About Me Larry De La Briandais has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Larry De La Briandais

Showing 141 - 150 of 566 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...57

Forum » Thread

weight
Not exactly light at 356 grams (12.5 oz), but it is robust.

In Make Your Own Gear » $7 Waist Belt
December 06, 10:36pm

Re: Re: $14 and a bit more robust...
I will weight when I get home (already have it). I wasn't concerned with its weight when i bought it as it is for my heavy load pack. But, it didn't seem overly heavy, but looks can be de...

December 06, 4:22pm

$14 and a bit more robust...
I ordered one of these and plan to use it to upgrade the waist belt on my heavy pack: http://www.rei.com/product/798143/rei-xt-85-hipbelt

December 06, 3:40pm

Spouses in 40" wide tents
I haven't used any of the mentioned tents, but I have sleep several ( 10 or so) nights in 40" wide tents with my wife (and kids before that). They all had single front entries. It is sma...

In GEAR » Occasional two person tent - Stratospire 1 or Double Rainbow?
December 05, 6:40pm

My buddy Les
"What would Les Stroud do?" "I had noted this predicted front when I started the route, but there it was hours early and coming my way." Based on what I know about Les, no...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » 'Caught In A Storm, Near-Hypothermic, A Piece Of Gear Saved My Life'
December 05, 6:29pm

Re: +1 on Eric's reports also
"What did they do wrong? What did they do right (if anything)? What could they have done differently?" I try to learn from other people's mistakes as much as possible. It is much ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Man ties legs together, crawls for help
December 05, 6:09pm

Shipping
If anyone is interested, shipping is $16.36 bringing the price to $4 per cartridge, but you have to purchase 12. Added: BTW, I did not order them. Shipping made them too close to the cost of l...

In Philosophy & Technique » cold weather performance upright canister
December 05, 2:14pm

Canisters...
Alas, I have none. :^( I do have the adapter to allow it to use the current threaded canisters. :^) I haven't installed it yet (it requires a little filing).

In Philosophy & Technique » Your "stupid light" moments.
December 05, 11:51am

lantern
I use to have that lantern! I still have the matching stove (globe trotter).

In Philosophy & Technique » Your "stupid light" moments.
December 05, 8:15am

Re: Tight sleeve hems
"...it sure shed water in my brief shower test!" You're not supposed to shower with a jacket on! ;)

In GEAR » "Faux-dini": 2.3 oz. Windshirt, <$15 - Initial Review and Sourcing
November 27, 4:35pm

All Reader Reviews by Larry De La Briandais

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Campsaver.com Retailer
I purchased the Vargo canister stove from them at a GREAT price. They had such a run on sales because of the low price that is was sold out. They left me a personal phone message letting me know tha...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 07, 3:07pm