BPL Community Profile

Christopher Mills (Hiker816) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Denver
About Me Christopher Mills has not added a biography yet.
CityDenver
StateCA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Christopher Mills

Showing 141 - 149 of 149 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Forum » Thread

SoCal Trailwork
I'll second Nitro's comments. The trail work event was a good time, and a good way to assuage my guilt over constantly using trails that everyone else works so hard to maintain. It'd ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » SoCal BPL Meetups / Trips
February 03, 3:38pm

Re: Request for Ron Bell
Sort of a modification on Adam's second suggestion--I'd love to see a longer superfly in which the sleepers' heads are inside the front trekking pole (rather than having the pole split ...

In GEAR » Request for Ron Bell...
January 28, 10:17am

Re: How Use Lazr Hi-Viz Titanium NAIL Tent Stake
Depending on what type of guyline you use and how you pack your shelter, you could just run the guyline through the stake and tie a tautline hitch or similar knot. Then your stakes would always be...

In GEAR » How Use Lazr Hi-Vis Titanium NAIL Tent Stake
January 18, 3:42pm

SoCal hello
I'm smack in the middle of LA. I'm always looking for a quick (or even better, long) trip when I can manage the time. I'm going to check into that PCT trail maintenance trip and see i...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » SoCal BPL Meetups / Trips
January 14, 10:35am

Re: What do you do for a living
After an undergrad degree in philosophy, and law school, I'm now a lawyer (I know, I know). I was practicing in DC doing environmental and energy law (mostly energy) and now I am working for a...

In Chaff » What do you do for a living
January 14, 10:28am

freezer bag cooking cookbook
I also purchased Sarah's book and found it outstanding. This is the first backpacking cook book I've seen that actually reflects how I cook on a trip. I simply am not going to spend two a...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » My new UL bag cozy
April 17, 7:14am

Breathability test for Golite Trinity fabric
I also was curious as to how Golite arrived at 10,000g/m²/24 hours. I emailed about what test they used and got this response: "I forwarded your question to our Design and Development team ...

In GEAR » GoLite's new Trinity Fabric
April 14, 9:39am

Re: Thanks much for the replies so far
Hey Jordan, Finding the time & money to thru-hike is easy if you can let go of being risk-averse and make it a priority. I planned a PCT thru-hike after graduating from college, during my s...

In Philosophy & Technique » How does one become a thru-hiker?
December 22, 8:18am

Custom made shakes
It might be worth checking out http://www.nutrabio.com/Products/thermoplex_30.htm They will custom make powdered shakes and create whatever nutritional breakdown you want. I used them while...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Diet for High Mileage Long Hikes
June 01, 4:02pm

All Reader Reviews by Christopher Mills

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

RailRiders Adventure Shirt
I'm also a huge fan of the RR Adventure shirt. I've used it on a couple PCT thru-hikes and many smaller trips and it is the most versatile article of clothing I've ever used. I took two ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
April 02, 7:50am