BPL Community Profile

Greg F (GregF) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Canadian Rockies
About Me Greg F has not added a biography yet.
CityCalgary

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg F

Showing 141 - 150 of 571 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...58

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Packs
"But please Dan, tell us which packs can carry 50 lbs for a distance in comfort that weigh less than 3.5 lbs? Your Catalyst? Tee Hee" Doesnt Mchale himself make 3.5lb packs capable o...

In GEAR » Pack Weight
March 17, 12:10am

Dont get what youre asking for
I dint think setting up categories for the condition of an item will make a difference. You are still relying on the seller to honestly evaluate his or her gear. So without adding a large beuracr...

In Gear Swap » Gear Swap Etiquette
March 16, 8:03pm

Base Weight
Most people put the bug repellant and soap in their base weights. Base weight is generally posted as non worn, not food, water, or fuel but include the containers to carry them. I think food pa...

In Gear Lists » Consumables Question
March 16, 7:45pm

A real specific Case
Max, You started this thread with the discussion focusing on an average 7 day trip or a thru hike. You are now moving the goal posts to a specific section of the PCT where a large amount of wat...

In GEAR » Pack Weight
March 16, 7:10pm

Try blankets around your house
To get an idea for size try blankets and duvets you may have around your house. A queen bed is 60" wide. A double bed is 54" wide. A duvet for a queen bed is 88" wide, A duvet fo...

In GEAR » Twin quilt recommendations
March 16, 5:09pm

1 week backpack trip
For a 1 week UL 3 season trip with abundant water the ULA Circuit and similar 2-2.5lb packs is all the backpack that anyone needs. I dont believe that you gain comfort by increasing pack weight be...

In GEAR » Pack Weight
March 16, 4:49pm

Travel Light Series
I really like these MEC Packs http://www.mec.ca/AST/ShopMEC/Packs/Daypacks/PRD~5023-571/mec-travel-light-top-loader.jsp They are a real nice pack for quick overnights if you have crunched you...

In GEAR » cheap + light backpack
March 15, 2:13pm

Re: Uh oh
Define storm worthy. I had mine in one big storm it was fine. The one issue is the sides bend in inthe wind so you lose interior space. This was an issue with 3 six foot tall guys in the tent ...

In GEAR » Rainshadow 2 and "rain" vs. StratoSpire2
March 14, 5:57pm

Rain shadow and rain
If you use the midpoint tieouts on the rainshadow it performs well in the rain. Without the midpoint tieouts the side panels sag in alot. Although with two people this would not be an issue like ...

In GEAR » Rainshadow 2 and "rain" vs. StratoSpire2
March 14, 3:11pm

Re: Summer in the Rockies
Couple of areas I see you can reduce weight Rain cover. This weighs 1/4 of the weight of your pack and water can stiil leak in through pack straps. I use a trash compactor bad inside of my pac...

In Gear Lists » Summer in the Rockies
March 13, 8:01pm

All Reader Reviews by Greg F

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

WalMart
Walmart saved my trip. I was packing up the night before I was to leave and went to grab what i thought was a full butane canister and it was empty. It was 10pm and i was leaving at 5 the next morni...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
August 20, 7:27pm

Mont Bell Ultra-Light Spiral Down Hugger #3 Long
I had a chance to test out my new UL Spiral down hugger #3. This is the regular version not the super stretch. It still has the diagonal baffles so it does have a little more give than an average ba...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
June 05, 11:33pm