Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Franco Darioli (Franco) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Here
About Me Franco Darioli has not added a biography yet.
CityMelbourne
StateVictoria
CountryAustralia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Franco Darioli

Showing 141 - 150 of 5443 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...545

Forum » Thread

Long Distance Hiking has no Brand
Valerie, so sorry to hear about your teeth. Mine are just about perfect (pretty good for my age) , however my gums need to come out.

In Chaff » Long Distance Hiking has no Brand
March 19, 4:40pm

Great Ocean Walk
Like the platypus, echidnas are egg laying mammals.(the bird connection...) I see them on hot days and usually they just curl up in the difensive position till you walk away. Sometime they just k...

In Post-Trip Reports » Great Ocean Walk
March 19, 3:44pm

Taking off old seam seal to replace.
Given that you had tape sealing your tent , it means it has a PU coated layer on the underside so you use Seam Grip. SilNet is for siliconised fabrics. McNett has detailed instructions on how to ...

In GEAR » Taking off old seam seal to replace....
March 19, 2:59pm

TarpTent Questions on single vs double wall
Henry Shires chose the name Tarptent because his first shelter and the ones that followed soon after were "hybrid" shelters (hybrid is our term) consisting of a bug proof tarp, so not a s...

In GEAR » TarpTent Questions on single vs double wall
March 19, 2:46pm

Tarptent Moment DW modified for winter & winds
My favourite Moments :

In GEAR » Tarptent Thread
March 18, 3:42pm

long rain jackets?
Search under parka or anorak (not the same thing but the terms are often used interchangeably)

In GEAR » long rain jackets?
March 17, 7:25pm

Washing a down sleeping bag with a duct tape patch
Interesting conundrum. To fix the patch the bag needs to be cleaned, however cleaning the bag might just dislodge the patch. If it were my bag I would gather the patch to a point and put a rubb...

In GEAR » Washing a down sleeping bag with a duct tape patch
March 16, 5:12pm

best pack towel?
John, I was going to mention my wide mouth Nalgene but then I would have to explain that it has to do with aim not size, so I won't bother.

In GEAR » best pack towel?
March 15, 5:43pm

Great Ocean Walk (Vic,Australia)
Having spent 30 years in photographic retail I have had several trips when I hardly have taken any photos or had no camera at all with me. Makes sense, or maybe not. Anyway , after a couple of ...

In Post-Trip Reports » Great Ocean Walk
March 15, 5:32pm

best pack towel?
My choice is Chux, an Aussie brand of kitchen cloth. Very light, absorbs well and dries very fast. I have a small pile of 6 of them that I used in my last trip with my wife(they are used for the ...

In GEAR » best pack towel?
March 15, 4:01pm

All Reader Reviews by Franco Darioli

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Tarptent Contrail
My rating is based on what this shelter was designed for, and not to be understood as part of the "best tent ever, for anybody ,anywhere" award. Most of the good points have already been co...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
November 07, 4:48pm