Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Franco Darioli (Franco) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Here
About Me Franco Darioli has not added a biography yet.
CityMelbourne
StateVictoria
CountryAustralia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Franco Darioli

Showing 141 - 150 of 5313 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...532

Forum » Thread

Large Carnivores Getting Comfy in Europe
Never seen a wolf in my area but they used to be there till the 1930's (there is ONE known individual now crossing over from Switzerland). This guy : There are actually two bear sub-species...

In On the Web » Large Carnivores Getting Comfy in Europe
January 04, 1:35am

Best way to inflate neoair xlite
Don't know if it will work for you but you can soften and stretch plastic of that type (airtap) with hot water . So you could try to immerse one end of the airtap in hot water and mold it over...

In GEAR » Best way to inflate neoair xlite
January 04, 1:05am

UL soft pillow liner
If you have an old silk liner you can make one out of that. Not multi-use like the Buff but may do the job. That is what I use because I stuff it with clothing and I prefer for it to be relativel...

In GEAR » UL soft pillow liner
January 03, 6:53pm

Large Carnivores Getting Comfy in Europe
Did you know that there are bears (about 100) and wolves (about 1500) in Italy too ?

In On the Web » Large Carnivores Getting Comfy in Europe
January 03, 5:57pm

1.1 oz non DWR marpat camo
Also good for... Top of a "bug proof" bivy ?

In Make Your Own Gear » 1.1 oz non DWR marpat camo
January 02, 4:37pm

"Where do you put the tape?" Over the area where you punch the hole in for the nozzle to get through. That type of plastic is very thin and rips easily, the tape is to prevent that. (s...

January 02, 2:20pm

And the important bit here... About 15g (1/2oz) folds down to the size of a C size battery. (of course that depends on the bag you use)

December 31, 4:53pm

DIY Instaflator
Did this in under 10 minutes (after reading the thread...) at no cost. Get a light largish plastic bag 1x heavy duty rubber band a square of tape (clear tape works ) Make a small circular hole...

December 31, 4:31pm

Writing as one speaks
Hi Katharina, I grew up on the other side of the border (in Italy) with a somewhat similar situation. Most people around me , including my parents, spoke in their dialect at home and with each ot...

In Chaff » Writing as one speaks
December 30, 2:00am

Down jacket OVER vest?
Yes, I have done that. Used the vest at camp as I was moving about then put the jacket on top (similar or same as the one in your avatar) Works well for me. That is also a good option for me in...

In GEAR » Down jacket OVER vest?
December 29, 11:38pm

All Reader Reviews by Franco Darioli

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Tarptent Contrail
My rating is based on what this shelter was designed for, and not to be understood as part of the "best tent ever, for anybody ,anywhere" award. Most of the good points have already been co...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
November 07, 4:48pm