BPL Community Profile

Franco Darioli (Franco) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Melbourne
About Me Franco Darioli has not added a biography yet.
CityMelbourne
StateVictoria
CountryAustralia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Franco Darioli

Showing 141 - 150 of 4981 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...499

Forum » Thread

Taut, Taught, & Taunt Pitches
I am still searching for the word that describes the situation. One that is close to it is "hypercorrection" This is how one linguist explains it : "Hypercorrection is not simply ...

In GEAR » Taut, Taught, & Taunt Pitches
May 19, 12:45am

Trolls?
Brian. You will be amazed at how many people send me E Mails starting with " this is going to be a silly question, but..." the funny bit is that they never do ask a silly question and I...

In GEAR » Trolls?
May 18, 11:46pm

We can avoid saying Sahara Desert (desert desert)and Lake Tahoe (lake lake) but East Timor (East East) is another matter. Now, West Timor is a funny one (West East)

May 18, 9:17pm

melting cut ends of cord
Well I am a bit odd but this is how I do it. I burn the end off with a Bic and then squeeze and twist the blob before it cools down. Many will burn themselves doing that (you need to be quick and...

In Make Your Own Gear » melting cut ends of cord
May 18, 9:03pm

There is an English verb that describes the act of correcting someone's grammar and either getting it wrong or making a mistake doing so. I came across that verb a few years ago but have not b...

May 18, 8:39pm

"And, it's not just incorrect usage of apostrophes, either (its vs it's, there/their/they're),but sometimes an entirely other word has been substituted that changes the sense of th...

May 18, 7:49pm

Thanks Delmar That is what I taut . like.

May 18, 6:09pm

State of the market 2nd half of 2014
MG If I were you I would wait for some real world photos from the nes RX100 III. On paper it looks very tempting.

In Photography » State of the market 2nd half of 2014
May 18, 5:31pm

Are breathable fabrics less prone to condensation.
Danny wants to have an inner of this type for his Duaomid : (waterproof floor ,high wall with net top) His question is : should the "high wall" bit (not the floor/not the mesh top)...

In GEAR » Are breathable fabrics less prone to condensation.
May 18, 12:38am

Where would you setup camp in this picture
"The best spot is where the photographer is standing' that was the first thing that came to mind.... Of course it depends a lot on how much time I think I have before the storm hits. ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Where would you setup camp in this picture
May 17, 11:35pm

All Reader Reviews by Franco Darioli

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Tarptent Contrail
My rating is based on what this shelter was designed for, and not to be understood as part of the "best tent ever, for anybody ,anywhere" award. Most of the good points have already been co...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
November 07, 4:48pm