BPL Community Profile

Franco Darioli (Franco) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Melbourne
About Me Franco Darioli has not added a biography yet.
CityMelbourne
StateVictoria
CountryAustralia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Franco Darioli

Showing 141 - 150 of 5066 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...507

Forum » Thread

What shelter am I looking for?
Before you commit , add carefully the weight of all of the components (fly,inner,stakes and guylines) then compare with something like a Contrail or Notch. For the Notch you can get a solid (non b...

In GEAR » What shelter am I looking for?
July 12, 5:03pm

Liter Question
Just in case it is still not clear why thinking in liters does not work here, these two containers both hold 1 liter :

In GEAR » Liter Question
July 12, 5:28am

Liter Question
It will be close to a 1.5L but there is an easy way to do it because a liter fits inside many shapes... do the same with the height, leave some slack. Now match those measurements with the gi...

In GEAR » Liter Question
July 12, 1:31am

Rodents attack tent!
"Anyone fancy a cup of Bovril?" That reminds me of some cold winter days in Piccadilly working as a hotel porter. 50 p (10 bob) was a good tip then.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Rodents attack tent!
July 10, 5:08pm

Rodents attack tent!
Paul, mystery solved. You camped in the same spot Stephen Barber previously had.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Rodents attack tent!
July 10, 4:27pm

What do you think of this tent?
This might give a better idea of what it's like :

In GEAR » What do you think of this tent?
July 09, 4:23pm

silk liner
This page : http://www.seatosummit.com.au/products/liners/100-premium-silk-travel-liner/ has the weight of the Sea to Summit silk liners

In GEAR » silk liner
July 07, 6:17pm

Silicone Tubing for Pot handles
some of those handles are rather difficult to remove . If you have not done so already try just leaving the handles apart when boiling/cooking. They don't get all that hot that way. (you c...

In GEAR » Silicone Tubing for Pot handles
July 07, 4:09pm

Baking Soda
If baking soda had been invented first, we would have not bothered with the wheel. That would have solved traffic congestion AND global warming too.

In Multiple Use Gear » Baking Soda
July 05, 1:46am

Extending my 3-season gear for snow camping
I have no experience with the SS2 on snow but I have used it under heavy rain and used the somewhat similar Notch on and under snow. It is very important to be able to set it taut. The strength...

In Winter Hiking » Extending my 3-season gear for snow camping
July 04, 5:31pm

All Reader Reviews by Franco Darioli

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Tarptent Contrail
My rating is based on what this shelter was designed for, and not to be understood as part of the "best tent ever, for anybody ,anywhere" award. Most of the good points have already been co...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
November 07, 4:48pm