Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Franco Darioli (Franco) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Melbourne
About Me Franco Darioli has not added a biography yet.
CityMelbourne
StateVictoria
CountryAustralia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Franco Darioli

Showing 141 - 150 of 5112 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...512

Forum » Thread

Thermodynamics with down
I have mentioned before that , like some others, I have slept down to about -7c (20f) inside a 32f rated Summerlite. How ? With Merino top and bottom, a wool hat,wool gloves and a WM puffy down t...

In Philosophy & Technique » Thermodynamics with down
August 14, 10:41pm

the accidental modding of a Rainshadow II
Talk about necessity being the mother of invention... Last night I was watching a movie where the protagonist was driving around in a Citroen D, a car with some very distinct lines. That Matt i...

In GEAR » the accidental modding of a Rainshadow II
August 14, 6:52pm

Smd luner vs smd trekker vs Tt contrail
Lou, I am always interested to know how people perceive shelters. For example you mentioned that the Contrail is " less finicky setting up" yet you will find comments in forums stating ...

In GEAR » Smd luner vs smd trekker vs Tt contrail
August 14, 5:05pm

Lou, I don't really follow your comments . )The Contrail is definitely a solo shelter. It is less finicky setting up and lighter. I always felt that it was a really big bivy with a vestibule ...

August 14, 1:29am

adjustable trekking poles with small (hand) grips
How about the Distance Fl Women's (105-125cm) ?

In GEAR » adjustable trekking poles with small (hand) grips
August 13, 8:42pm

Yes it does. Tent, 4x stakes and the stuff sack are included.

August 13, 8:36pm

Water bottles and boiling water
Take a look here : http://nalgene.com/materials/ to get a better idea of how the various Nalgene products perform. (impact/odour resistance /temperature range)

In GEAR » Water bottles and boiling water
August 11, 5:46pm

Can I just stuff my shelter in? And…line length ?
It has taken me years of elocution lessons* to get that accent. It is so good now that I see words coming out of my mouth but have no idea of what I am saying. *I taught myself, I got a discount ...

In GEAR » Can I just stuff my shelter in? And…line length ?
August 10, 7:14pm

I never meant to be my own gear maker
Teresa, The BA made footprint allows the "Fast Fly" set up so that you can have just the fly (without the inner) standing up by itself. Probably not all that difficult to replicate just...

In Make Your Own Gear » I never meant to be my own gear maker
August 10, 5:47pm

Can I just stuff my shelter in? And…line length ?
Lenora, The most space efficient way to store the Notch is to do it as it is done at the factory.. This really applies to most tent but don't spread this around... So for the Notch have a lo...

In GEAR » Can I just stuff my shelter in? And…line length ?
August 10, 4:57pm

All Reader Reviews by Franco Darioli

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Tarptent Contrail
My rating is based on what this shelter was designed for, and not to be understood as part of the "best tent ever, for anybody ,anywhere" award. Most of the good points have already been co...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
November 07, 4:48pm