BPL Community Profile

Hamish McHamish (El_Canyon) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale USA
About Me Hamish McHamish has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hamish McHamish

Showing 141 - 150 of 366 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...37

Forum » Thread

_
Paul, I saw that Osprey feature on their packs and liked it. I have replicated the function on a couple of my packs and it is even easier than the Osprey method. I threaded a piece of black bun...

In GEAR » Osprey-style trekking pole storage
April 22, 9:09pm

_
Great post by Bob; concur completely. Jives with all my medical training and the advice I've gotten from current ER docs who do the wilderness thing. "The solution to pollution is dilu...

In GEAR » Iodine Povidone lighter alternative?
April 21, 10:49am

_
Thanks for the great info on this pack. I am leaning towards getting one. From what I have seen, the sternum strap attachment design is needlessly complicated. Being barrel chested, I find I d...

In GEAR » 2012 Gorilla First Impressions
April 21, 10:41am

_
Edward, as far as I know the PLBs that actually display the GPS coordinates are pretty big and heavy. The current crop of compact, light PLBs in the 5-6 ounce range have an internal GPS receiver, ...

In Gear Swap » WTB or Rent: Personal Locator Beacon
April 21, 9:24am

_
Try the super thin Mechanix gloves with the synthetic leather palm/fingers & mesh remainder. I have found them at Target in the automotive for $15 or so.

In GEAR » Ideas for hiking sun protection/ scrambling gloves
April 17, 6:57pm

_
What is the color? Is the construction sewn, bonded, or both? Do either of the beaks have a zipper?

In Gear Swap » FS: Bearpaw Cuben .74 Canopy 2
April 16, 10:33am

_
Thank you for the details Chad, I will pass on the Speed at this time.

In Gear Swap » FS: ALITE CHAIR, ICEBREAKER 200 ZIP NECK L, BLACK DIAMOND SPEED 28L BACKPACK
April 11, 9:23pm

pack
Chad, what is the torso size of the pack? How tall are you and how does it fit you? Also, is the waistbelt removeable? Thanks!

In Gear Swap » FS: ALITE CHAIR, ICEBREAKER 200 ZIP NECK L, BLACK DIAMOND SPEED 28L BACKPACK
April 10, 8:37am

_
Great idea on the permethrin, I will follow up on that one.

In GEAR » ticks in your gear while you're in the bug bivy?
April 04, 9:25pm

ticks in your gear while you're in the bug bivy?
In bug season many people sleep in a bug tent or bivy under their tarp. Usually these bug-free havens have little room for your gear, so your stuff lays under the tarp but outside the bug tent. I...

In GEAR » ticks in your gear while you're in the bug bivy?
April 02, 8:00pm

All Reader Reviews by Hamish McHamish

Hamish McHamish has posted no reviews.