BPL Community Profile

Einstein X (EinsteinX) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale The Netherlands
About Me Started hiking somewhere around Y2K, with a 50 pound pack, incl. food, water and fuel.
That dropped down to ~37 pounds incl. f, w & f, which wasn't that bad concidering traditional gear and food for ten days!
Than the UL bug bit me and my gear weight dropped and dropped to a baseweight of ~10 pounds for my Scotland-16-day-Solo.
Going solo for 3 days two nights max, baseweight is down to 4lbs2; Going solo for longer baseweight is down to 8lbs2.
CountryThe Netherlands
My PDF Gear ListGear list TGO Challenge 2008

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Einstein X

Showing 141 - 150 of 341 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...35

Forum » Thread

continued
The problem is that all I want to enter in my spreadsheet are X, Y and H (altitude) coordinates, but this doesn't give one algorithm to calculate the correct heading. I need some sort of logic ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Compass Bearing need spreadsheet help
July 13, 3:22pm

continued
hmmmm part of my question is cut off, strange.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Compass Bearing need spreadsheet help
July 13, 3:18pm

Compass Bearing need spreadsheet help
Hi All, I am trying to make a spreadsheet for planning my next hike. In this spreadsheet I want to enter X and Y coordinates and elevation of point A, B, C, etc, than from that I want the spread...

July 13, 3:14pm

Compact sleeping pad
As I find myself going lighter and lighter a problem keeps occuring with my current packs: they are simply too big :D. I simply don't take enough gear anymore to fill up my gossamer gear G4 or ...

In GEAR » Compact sleeping pad
July 12, 8:50am

Re: Re: Carry-On UL Packs
>>A duffle bag will work, of course, but it's one more thing to carry for the entire trip.<< Yup that's why I check into a youth hostel on the day of arrival. All hostels hav...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Carry-On UL Packs
June 22, 10:15am

Re: Carry-On UL Packs
I like carry-on travel very much, done a lot of it last year. But for backpacking just go for the duffle option. I've done that a couple of times and works great. And you can carry your stove, ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Carry-On UL Packs
June 21, 8:30am

Re: Re: Condensation in Single-walled Shelters: Contributing Factors and Tips for Reduction
In my little experience there are some situations where condensation will just happen. I slept at a tentshow once in early spring. During the day it was nice and sunny and warm (high rel hum) at ni...

In Editor's Roundtable » Condensation in Single-walled Shelters: Contributing Factors and Tips for Reduction
June 21, 7:45am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Cuben shelter
Steve, Yep you're absolutely right that you want to avoid a high RH in your tent. However, the only way for water vapour to permeate through any fabric is along a relative humidity differnti...

In Make Your Own Gear » Shelter Brain Storming Ideas ??
May 28, 5:11am

Re: Ultralightweight tarp desired, tent required
Mike, Would a hammock work for you? Eins

In GEAR » Ultralightweight tarp desired, tent required
May 18, 12:26pm

Re: Re: Re: Transportation
Hmmm. Pretty happy to hike in Europe from this persepective. At the end of a hike it's always possible to catch a bus or train back home or back to the car. The downside is off course there isn...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Transportation
May 18, 11:50am

All Reader Reviews by Einstein X

Einstein X has posted no reviews.