BPL Community Profile

Simon Wurster (Einstein) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Big Apple
About Me Simon Wurster has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear ListSummer 2010 Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Simon Wurster

Showing 141 - 150 of 257 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

Forum » Thread

Re: Stewing in your own juices
May I suggest Hyd Peroxide spray on the polyester? Works as a pre-treatment and after the fact. The H2O2 is the over-the-counter kind, not the (dangerous) lab stuff). Been using it for two years no...

In GEAR » Stewing in your own juices
July 05, 3:35pm

Re: Re: Caldera cone efficiency across different pot types
Actually sounds like me and Rand agree: the best efficiency is achieved with conical "windscreen" that's centered around the pot to reflect heat against the sides, regardless of its d...

In GEAR » Caldera cone efficiency across different pot types
June 05, 8:17pm

Wow. Sounds like pot dimensions are largely a myth similar to the heat transfer myth of Al. vs. Ti. Except for "easier to eat out of" comment, I have no compelling reason to choose one po...

June 05, 4:14pm

I know Dave was asking specifically about the C. Cone, but my follow-up Q is: Is efficiency more a function of windscreen position (vertically), diameter (space around the pot), and shape (cone...

June 04, 10:59am

Re: Re: Katadyn Pocket Filter
+1 for the First Need. NEVER had a problem clogging, NEVER got sick. Sure, I use a SteriPen for most solo trips, but with groups it's the FN. It's heavy (I measured 19 oz. dry (in the bag w...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Katadyn Pocket Filter
June 03, 11:12am

Re: Plastic Lids for Pots
OK, this is what I found so far. Lid from Planters 10 oz. container: fits the Snow Peak Solo Mug perfectly, a nice snug fit. You could probably carry water in it without leaking. Lid from New...

In GEAR » Plastic Lids for Pots
May 24, 10:10pm

Plastic Lids for Pots
I've always wanted to reuse a platic lid (the ones that come attached to canned nuts, but also pet foods and other supermarket containers) for some of my titanium cups and mugs, but they're...

In GEAR » Plastic Lids for Pots
May 19, 11:12am

Re: gear sale
PM sent on JRB hood.

In Gear Swap » gear sale
May 12, 6:27am

Re: FS: Granite Gear Packs, Montbell Bivy, Thoroughfare Clothing, etc.
Hi Eric, Thanks for a smooth transaction; the Inner Peace arrived yesterday and it's perfect. Now I have to figure out how to set it up--I'm scouring the directions this afternoon. Regard...

In Gear Swap » FS: Granite Gear Packs, ID Tent, assorted bivys , tarps and clothing.
April 25, 12:21pm

Re: light compared
These lights are popular because of their tiny size and useful brightness. Some folks carry 2 or 3 at time for redundancy, or use one to supplement a headlamp. In this category I prefer the Phot...

In GEAR » photo light question
April 07, 6:50pm

All Reader Reviews by Simon Wurster

Simon Wurster has posted no reviews.