BPL Community Profile

Erik Basil (EBasil) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Atzlan
About Me Erik Basil has not added a biography yet.
CitySan Diego
StateCalifornia
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Erik Basil

Showing 141 - 150 of 858 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...86

Forum » Thread

I use natural, vegan cholla
I'm going to switch to a hybrid combination of TP and the smear method. I call it "TP Tinsel" and it's all the rage in elite european hiking circles.

In GEAR » Still going without tp?
March 21, 7:23am

wicking tees
Yes, I suggest you look at: --the Champion line, sold at Target --the sports line, sold at Old Navy --the wicking tees in stock at Costco right now --cycling clearance sites, for t-style jers...

In GEAR » T-shirts
March 20, 7:27am

Re: Renew or Subscribe to Backpacker and/or Outside Magazine at Great Prices
Rats, missed it by a day. I'd have been stoked to get Outside for that!

In Gear Deals » Renew or Subscribe to Backpacker and/or Outside Magazine at Great Prices
March 19, 10:16pm

Get the sighting compass
Martin, of those two, I'd suggest the sighting compass. It's easier to shoot a good line for a bearing, heading or triangulation and it's multiuse: it's your mirror. By the wa...

In GEAR » question on compass
March 19, 10:11pm

Re: Re: Re: Re dry sleeping bag
I am old-fashioned, I suppose, in terms of a "Be Prepared" mentality based in having been in hard weather or other situations and so I try to balance wisdom with lightweight. Wisdom and ...

In GEAR » Stuff sacks for sleeping bags
March 19, 7:18am

Re: Re: That's light!
It looks like the modern AR-7 / Survival Rifle has gotten fat. Maybe these newer, Henry versions are using an all-steel barrel instead of the steel-lined aluminum on all the 2.5# units out there (...

In GEAR » FNH Five Seven 1.6lb gun
March 18, 7:12am

Re: Local Wally World carrying Mountain House
Both of the Walmarts near us carry Mountain House and I was just there yesterday to find a selection like you describe. Most were $5.88 each. When they're out of stock, they're out, but w...

In Gear Deals » Local Wally World carrying Mountain House
March 16, 7:25am

Re: Re: Re: Fire Maple 117t / Olicamp Xcellerator
Yeah, I never heard back from Fire Maple, and we're gonna deal with the lids until we have to swap in aluminum pan lids.

In GEAR » New Stove Gear: Fire Maple 117t and XK6 "HE" Pot
March 15, 9:44pm

Re: Fire Maple 117t / Olicamp Xcellerator
FYI Update: I just bought four of the Olicamp-branded combo sets like that described here, for under 90 each, shipped via eBay. These are now our Patrol Stoves for the Troop.

In GEAR » New Stove Gear: Fire Maple 117t and XK6 "HE" Pot
March 15, 4:04pm

Re: Re: windshield VS heat exchanger!?
Unless you're using a Reactor or JetBoil, it's not a question of "HE vs. Wind Screen" with heat exchanger pots. You use them *together*. The HE pots sit on top of the stov...

In GEAR » windshield VS heat exchanger!?
March 15, 3:55pm

All Reader Reviews by Erik Basil

Erik Basil has posted no reviews.