November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Erik Basil (EBasil) - BPL Guest

My Locale Atzlan
About Me Erik Basil has not added a biography yet.
CitySan Diego

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Erik Basil

Showing 141 - 150 of 858 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...86

Forum » Thread

I use natural, vegan cholla
I'm going to switch to a hybrid combination of TP and the smear method. I call it "TP Tinsel" and it's all the rage in elite european hiking circles.

In GEAR » Still going without tp?
March 21, 7:23am

wicking tees
Yes, I suggest you look at: --the Champion line, sold at Target --the sports line, sold at Old Navy --the wicking tees in stock at Costco right now --cycling clearance sites, for t-style jers...

In GEAR » T-shirts
March 20, 7:27am

Re: Renew or Subscribe to Backpacker and/or Outside Magazine at Great Prices
Rats, missed it by a day. I'd have been stoked to get Outside for that!

In Gear Deals » Renew or Subscribe to Backpacker and/or Outside Magazine at Great Prices
March 19, 10:16pm

Get the sighting compass
Martin, of those two, I'd suggest the sighting compass. It's easier to shoot a good line for a bearing, heading or triangulation and it's multiuse: it's your mirror. By the wa...

In GEAR » question on compass
March 19, 10:11pm

Re: Re: Re: Re dry sleeping bag
I am old-fashioned, I suppose, in terms of a "Be Prepared" mentality based in having been in hard weather or other situations and so I try to balance wisdom with lightweight. Wisdom and ...

In GEAR » Stuff sacks for sleeping bags
March 19, 7:18am

Re: Re: That's light!
It looks like the modern AR-7 / Survival Rifle has gotten fat. Maybe these newer, Henry versions are using an all-steel barrel instead of the steel-lined aluminum on all the 2.5# units out there (...

In GEAR » FNH Five Seven 1.6lb gun
March 18, 7:12am

Re: Local Wally World carrying Mountain House
Both of the Walmarts near us carry Mountain House and I was just there yesterday to find a selection like you describe. Most were $5.88 each. When they're out of stock, they're out, but w...

In Gear Deals » Local Wally World carrying Mountain House
March 16, 7:25am

Re: Re: Re: Fire Maple 117t / Olicamp Xcellerator
Yeah, I never heard back from Fire Maple, and we're gonna deal with the lids until we have to swap in aluminum pan lids.

In GEAR » New Stove Gear: Fire Maple 117t and XK6 "HE" Pot
March 15, 9:44pm

Re: Fire Maple 117t / Olicamp Xcellerator
FYI Update: I just bought four of the Olicamp-branded combo sets like that described here, for under 90 each, shipped via eBay. These are now our Patrol Stoves for the Troop.

In GEAR » New Stove Gear: Fire Maple 117t and XK6 "HE" Pot
March 15, 4:04pm

Re: Re: windshield VS heat exchanger!?
Unless you're using a Reactor or JetBoil, it's not a question of "HE vs. Wind Screen" with heat exchanger pots. You use them *together*. The HE pots sit on top of the stov...

In GEAR » windshield VS heat exchanger!?
March 15, 3:55pm

All Reader Reviews by Erik Basil

Erik Basil has posted no reviews.