BPL Community Profile

Dondo . (Dondo) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Colorado Rockies
About Me Dondo . has not added a biography yet.
My Website URLhttp://dondo1.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dondo .

Showing 141 - 150 of 1051 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...106

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: raw veg diet
Eliade, I don't know if you are still following this thread, but I'm very curious about your diet. Back in the 70s, I was friends with a backpacker who seemed to do well with growing his ow...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Why is a stove part of an "ultralight" system <3 days?
July 04, 9:48am

Re: How not to cross a river!
Thanks for having the guts put this up for all to see. Many of us like to trumpet our successes and hide our failures. I'm glad that everyone got out of this alive. BTW, the video is kind of f...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How not to cross a river!
July 03, 1:35pm

"3 day trip. Denver/Colorado Springs area."
The 23-26 mile goose creek-mccurdy-hankins pass loop is real nice and snow-free right now.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » 3 day trip. Denver/Colorado Springs area.
July 01, 6:02am

Re: dondo ...
Thanks for the warning, peter. I've been told that before. It can lead people to do dangerous things like wandering around the Arctic all on their own, wearing highly breathable head nets of th...

In Photography » Trekking Poles as Tripod Legs
June 28, 6:53pm

Re: "Trekking Poles as Tripod Legs"
Thanks, Eugene. It's not a Gitzo, but it's really solid at a reasonable weight (19.2 oz.).

June 28, 5:51am

Re: Re: Trekking Poles as Tripod Legs
Thanks for your comments, Derek. Mostly during the day, I'll be just using the monopod. But I can imagine situations where I'll set up the tripod during the day such as when I need a figure...

June 27, 7:51pm

Trekking Poles as Tripod Legs
Recently, I cut two of the three legs off my tripod and substituted trekking poles. I posted instructions on my blog for anyone interested in doing something similar.

June 27, 5:49am

Bison Peak and McCurdy Mounatin
New trip report at Dondo Outdoors.

In Post-Trip Reports » Bison Peak and McCurdy Mounatin
June 19, 9:22am

Re: Well I'll be dipped in DEET!
Permethrin on my clothing and picaridin on my exposed skin. The 20% solutions work better for me than the lesser concentrations.

In GEAR » Well I'll be dipped in DEET!
June 17, 6:20pm

Re: A Thirty Hour Pass: Bison Peak Backpack, Lost Creek Wilderness
Thanks for your report, Paul. Sounds like I was right behind you. I signed the register on Bison at 7:00 AM on the 14th and on McCurdy at 1:30 PM on the same day. Lost Creek..you gotta love it.

In Post-Trip Reports » A Thirty Hour Pass: Bison Peak Backpack, Lost Creek Wilderness
June 15, 5:35pm

All Reader Reviews by Dondo .

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell U.L.AlpineBurrow Bag #3 Long
Nice review, Mitchell. After our discussion here about this bag back in April, I had a serious hankering after this bag. I really had no need of another bag and managed to resist until the Memorial ...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
June 29, 8:38pm

Rocky Rocky GTX Socks
Mine fit well. Size 10 slips right over a thin pair of wool socks and my size 9.5 feet. They are comfortable inside my trail runners and do what they claim to do--keep my feet warm and dry in wet, col...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
February 27, 8:01pm

Pacer Poles
Here's something I just posted at the Editor's Roundtable forum. It occured to me that it belongs here as well. Heather, here's something I posted on the TLB general discussion forum a...

In Trekking Poles
December 12, 8:28pm

Lighten Up! by Don Ladigin
This is the book I recommend to friends and folks I meet on the trail who are interested in going lighter. It's fun, unpretentious, and lays out the basic ideas in ways that are easy to understand. Do...

In Books and Media
November 23, 8:15am

Eastern Mountain Sports
Craig, good news. The last EMS store in Colorado closed a few months ago so no more tax for you. It was two miles away from my home in Denver and I miss it but I'll admit that I took full advantage o...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
November 21, 9:20pm