Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Joseph R (Dianoda) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Chicago, IL
About Me After lugging around 45lbs+ through a Nat'l Park or two, I decided UL was the way to go and haven't looked back. URL is to my Geargrams list for most of my 3-season trips. My other hobby is photography, if the destination is worth it, then add 1 to 7lbs to my base weight for camera gear. In case you were curious, my profile avatar image is Buck (aka 9 mile) Creek of the High Sierra Trail in Seki NP.
CityChicago
StateIllinois
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://www.geargrams.com/list?id=3859

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Joseph R

Showing 141 - 150 of 271 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...28

Forum » Thread

Re: Anyone experience the SMD Feather? ....and other pack advice.
I have an '11 swift and love it - the carry with the stay is amazingly good (I mostly use it w/ stay + wing belt). Yes, it offers a ton of volume if you're using an inflatable pad (as a ...

In GEAR » Anyone experience the SMD Feather? ....and other pack advice.
April 11, 5:30pm

Re: Re: Glowire Back Instock
Agreed. It's pretty hard to imagine a more visible guyline than the glowire. While I'm at it, I've been meaning to plug Lawson's dyneema ironwire as a great choice for bear-bagg...

In Gear Deals » Glowire Back Instock
April 10, 3:47pm

Re: Montbell Alpine light down parka.
Hi Craig, I appreciate the interest, but $90 shipped would be more of a loss than I'm willing to take for the parka. Thanks, Joe

In Gear Swap » Spring Cleaning - FS: Montbell Alpine Light Down Parka - M's Lg, Slate Blue; Patagonia Houdini - M's Lg, Light Gecko Green; Jetboil Flash PCS, Orange
April 09, 12:47pm

Re: FS: MLD cuben Trailstar
PM sent.

In Gear Swap » FS: MLD cuben Trailstar
April 07, 12:36pm

Re: Houdini
Houdini is SOLD and weekend bump.

In Gear Swap » Spring Cleaning - FS: Montbell Alpine Light Down Parka - M's Lg, Slate Blue; Patagonia Houdini - M's Lg, Light Gecko Green; Jetboil Flash PCS, Orange
April 07, 10:48am

FYI - Therm-a-rest Neoair X-Lite Women's is now available @ REI
I know a few of you were interested in this pad for it's higher R value compared to the standard x-lite (3.9 vs. 3.2). Well, here's your chance to order one with your coupon/dividend/pile ...

In GEAR » FYI - Therm-a-rest Neoair X-Lite Women's is now available @ REI
April 06, 3:26pm

Campsaver Clearance - Rab Infinity Down Jacket Men's Large/XL, Apple - $171 w/ Code
Campsaver has moved several winter items to super clearance, including this excellence puffy. Available sizes at this price are men's large and XL, and the only color available is Apple, which...

In Gear Deals » Campsaver Clearance - Rab Infinity Down Jacket Men's Large/XL, Apple - $171 w/ Code
April 05, 9:02am

Re: Sizes are
Charles is correct, sizes/colors were posted in the thread title. I've edited those details into the original post to make things a little clearer.

April 04, 4:17pm

Spring Cleaning - FS: Montbell Alpine Light Down Parka - M's Lg, Slate Blue; Patagonia Houdini - M's Lg, Light Gecko Green; Jetboil Flash PCS, Orange
Hi All, I lost weight and these jackets are in need of a new home. Both are in excellent condition. The Jetboil Flash PCS has since been replaced with a Sol Ti, and I don't need more than one ...

April 04, 2:02pm

Re: alpacka
Hi Chris, You've got mail. Joe

In Gear Swap » WTB old ALPACKA or SHERPA packraft
April 04, 1:27pm

All Reader Reviews by Joseph R

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Rab Xenon Jacket
The Rab Xenon (Spring '11) is a lightweight, well-featured synthetic insulation puffy jacket - my men's medium comes in at just under 10.4oz (294.3g - this is unmodified weight less retail tag...

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
September 29, 2:55pm

Western Mountaineering Ultralight Super
Love it. I use a silk liner and wear a 200 weight merino beanie to sleep almost regardless of temperature to help keep the bag clean. Additionally, with said liner and beanie plus lightweight basela...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
May 16, 1:07am

Rab Infinity Down Jacket
Update 3/15/2012: I found a great deal on this jacket and took the plunge once again, this time for keeps, and have also revised my score from a 4 to 5. Why the change of heart? Well, a lot can ch...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
March 28, 4:31pm