BPL Community Profile

Sumi Wada (DetroitTigerFan) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Ann Arbor
About Me Sumi Wada has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Sumi Wada

Showing 141 - 150 of 492 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...50

Forum » Thread

Re: pictured rocks
I don't think dogs are allowed in Pictured Rocks. Nordhouse Dunes off-season is nice for an overnight with the pooch.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » best light 4 season tent for summer camping/advise for best ultra rustic camping within 12 hrs of detroit
March 11, 10:10am

Re: Titanium pots - snow peak vs msr vs ?
REI has the Snow Peak 700 available online. They'll ship it free to your local store. Lighter, larger models from MLD and Ruta Locura (albeit, also more expensive): http://www.mountainlaur...

In GEAR » Titanium pots - snow peak vs msr vs ?
March 04, 1:02pm

Re: Favorite octopus meal
Love octopus! Most recipes that I know use a two-step process, first to pre-cook the octopus and then a second to introduce it into whatever dish. I personally don't like the "goo"....

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Favorite octopus meal
March 01, 6:30pm

Re: Grand Canyon Trip Report: Lessons Learned -Flying Tents, Ursack Minor Failures, LT4 Repairs
FWIW, in the Canyon, I just assume that I won't be able to use stakes. I cowboy camp unless I'm expecting rain, so anytime I set my tarp in the Canyon means preparing for real weather. I g...

In GEAR » Grand Canyon Trip Report: Lessons Learned -Flying Tents, Ursack Minor Failures, LT4 Repairs
February 26, 6:24am

Re: Comfortable sleeping pads?
Check out the Thermarest "Base Camp" self-inflatables. I like the 25" wide 'large' size and I think they have an even wider model. We also have one of the REI "Camp ...

In GEAR » Comfortable sleeping pads?
February 25, 2:37pm

Re: FS Tarptent Squall II
PM Sent.

In Gear Swap » FS Tarptent Squall II
February 13, 7:25pm

Re: zippers
>> what are your thoughts on the hyvent? where did you order it from? Got if from Quest Outfitters. It's a nice fabric, great drape. Very lightweight (hooded pullover anorak is 4.5oz)...

In Make Your Own Gear » Way to waterproof a zipper?
February 11, 4:16pm

Re: wp zip
I understand the construction of waterproof zippers and realize that the coil won't really be water tight. Just wanted to make the fabric part of the zipper more water resistant. It's a p...

February 11, 4:12pm

Re: Re: Re: Best Bang for the Buck (~$500)
If you're actually planning to backpack in Michigan from March to November, you're going to want a 20* bag. JMO. To keep your bag clean, bring baselayers dedicated as sleepwear. The adv...

In Gear Lists » Best Bang for the Buck (~$500)
February 11, 1:25pm

Way to waterproof a zipper?
I bought a couple of yards of HyVent material and made a rain anorak, intending it to be for around town. Well, it came out pretty nice and much lighter than what I was expecting, so I think I'...

February 11, 9:39am

All Reader Reviews by Sumi Wada

Sumi Wada has posted no reviews.