Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Sumi Wada (DetroitTigerFan) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Ann Arbor
About Me Sumi Wada has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Sumi Wada

Showing 141 - 150 of 515 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...52

Forum » Thread

Re: Warranty expectations from high end gear companies
I had a warranty issue with an Arc'teryx jacket two years ago and my experience was completely different. They replaced the jacket and I had a new one within two weeks. Have to contacted th...

In GEAR » Warranty expectations from high end gear companies
March 26, 1:10pm

Spending strategy to get started
My thoughts, FWIW: SHELTER - I'd encourage you to consider buying this used. Put up a 'WTB' add in the Gear Swap and keep an eye on it. In the last two years, I've picked up a us...

In GEAR » Most important gear item
March 26, 9:27am

Uh...
>> I found this super helpful instead of only looking at the rim or Phantom then trying to figure out what the temps would be 1,500 feet below or above that. Not sure where you think Pha...

In Gear Lists » 5-day Grand Canyon - decisions
March 24, 8:34am

Re: Tarp, tent
>> can I find rocks big enough? Um... yes. It's the Grand Canyon. More big rocks than you can imagine. :) My suggestion is to check the NOAA forecast for the inner canyon (google &q...

March 24, 7:09am

Re: 5-day Grand Canyon - decisions
FWIW, you don't need a double-wall tent in the Canyon. In fact, you rarely need a shelter. I take a tarp that I put up maybe one night out of 8. If you just prefer sleeping in a shelter for ...

March 23, 9:51pm

Re: Canteens
Say hi if you see us. We're easy to identify -- short asian mom and 14yo son. :) I hear the spring melt is on and that the LCR is starting to run high and brown up in Cameron. It'll prob...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Questions for you Escalante Route/Grand Canyon Experts
March 22, 8:23pm

"Rum runner" flasks
I've been using these "rum runner" containers for a long time. They're marketed toward the cruise boat crowd for sneaking liquor onboard. I've used them for all sorts of thin...

In GEAR » Platy 1L SoftBottle vs PlusBottle?
March 22, 5:45am

Re: Water filter options
My son and I will be on the Escalante the first week of April as well! You can check the color of the Colorado from the eastern viewpoints (Lipan, Moran, etc.) before heading down. If it's ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Questions for you Escalante Route/Grand Canyon Experts
March 17, 8:07pm

Re: anorak
I modified the "Rainier Wind & Rain Suit" pattern by Green Pepper. I used the pattern for the hood, with minor modifications to the drawstring casing, and the raglan sleeves. I chan...

In Make Your Own Gear » Sunday projects... rain jacket, layover pack, pillows
March 16, 6:23pm

Re: Re: Re: Pack Shape
>> Second, they hug that bottom piece nice and tight, the concave of your lower lumbar. While I'm sure some people prefer this, I don't agree that it's the "best" or...

In GEAR » Pack Weight
March 16, 1:49pm

All Reader Reviews by Sumi Wada

Sumi Wada has posted no reviews.