BPL Community Profile

David W. (Davidpcvsamoa) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale East Bay, CA
About Me David W. has not added a biography yet.
StateCA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David W.

Showing 141 - 150 of 450 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...45

Forum » Thread

Congratulations!
What a excellent trip and memorable experience. Great job Andrew and Manfred. The well written trip report and pictures were a joy. Thank you for sharing.

In Post-Trip Reports » Sierra High Route – The Trip of a Lifetime
September 14, 7:51pm

Re: berries
Thanks for local info Dave. Do you have any more information why the shelters on 50 mountain and Swiftcurrent were destroyed? I am assuming they were taken down because nature would have needed ...

In Post-Trip Reports » Glacier National Park WOW!!!!!
September 11, 11:01pm

Re: Glacier National Park WOW!!!!!
Great write up and pictures Jack and Marc. I look forward to the rest from Jack. Does someone know the story of the remains of the structure on top of Kootinai Pass (9th picture up from the botto...

In Post-Trip Reports » Glacier National Park WOW!!!!!
September 06, 10:52pm

Re: Very Cool!
Cary, Great to see you have found some time and great fishing water in Korea. Thanks for posting a report with pictures from another part of the world. I'm looking forward to some Tenkara fis...

In Fishing » Tenkara fishing for Cherry Trout and Manchurian Trout in Korea
August 13, 8:03pm

Re: Herring Creek Reservoir Bikepack trip
Thanks for having me along for the trip Dave. I had a great time and look forward to giving it another go in the future.

In Bikepacking & Bicycle Touring » Herring Creek Reservoir Bikepack trip
August 12, 11:17pm

the valley sucks
Bob and Harold, The comments in your post demonstrate severe ignorance of valley cities and a good amount to sensationalism. There is no doubt that the area has it challenges, some of which you...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Moving to CA!!!
August 03, 4:39pm

Re: Dates
Thank you for sharing this recipe Sarah. I defiantly plan to give these a try. They look delicious!

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Raw Sunflower Honey Balls
August 02, 1:09pm

Yosemite - 1st Time
There is nothing wrong with staying in Oakhurst but why fly into SF (which is 4 hours north of Oakhurst)and then use the southernmost of the three entrances to the park? You could use CA 120 or 14...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Yosemite - 1st Time
July 24, 11:19pm

Re: Emigrant Wilderness - Granite Dome, Lewis Lakes, Ridge Lake
There are nice campsites at Ridge Lake and Iceland Lake. There are likely other spots too. I looked at my pictures and there are trees at both lakes that would allow for a bear hang.

In Pre-Trip Planning » Emigrant Wilderness - Granite Dome, Lewis Lakes, Ridge Lake
July 21, 5:57pm

Re: Rain Gear?
A dollar store rain poncho will do the trick in keeping your head and torso dry and it weighs about a ounce. Obviously not great for hiking in but you can ride out a storm in one. I always carry ...

In Gear Lists » 1000 Island Lakes in July- Gear List
July 19, 10:44pm

All Reader Reviews by David W.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Osprey Packs Customer Service
After 3 or 4 years of use I had some wear on trampoline mesh of my Osprey Exos. When the plastic hipebelt buckle broke I sent it to Osprey and they sent me and identical replacement pack at no cost. ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
January 10, 9:07pm

Gossamer Gear
When one of my LT4 poles broke, I emailed Gossamer Gear and within a hour I received a friendly email from Grant to send it in. Gossamer Gear sent back a repaired pole at no cost. In addition to mak...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
January 10, 10:36pm