Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

David Thomas (DavidinKenai) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale North Woods. Far North.
About Me David Thomas has not added a biography yet.
CityKenai
StateAlaska
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Thomas

Showing 141 - 150 of 2962 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...297

Forum » Thread

Removing battery. Not.
>"What I want to know is why don't you just take the battery OUT???" Roger, I think you have a sense of my technical expertise: significantly below yours, but above 99.83% of th...

In GEAR » Attention all who carry iPhones while backpacking: critical info RE iPhone 5
February 22, 11:28pm

Re: WTB - canister stove
Here's an option for $22, with free shipping, that weigh 25 grams, and is super compact when folded up: http://www.ebay.com/itm/261596613395?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%...

In Gear Swap » WTB - canister stove
February 22, 5:54pm

Re: Re: Re: Rocks, shmocks...
>"I think my rocks were a little lower than yours" TMI.

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Whats your SUL Cook Set-Up Grams/Milliliter %
February 22, 3:29pm

Re: Best UL stove for use in random international places
Half her listed countries were going to be connected by surface transport, so maybe an unused XGK, filled with diesel when she steps off the plane could work. Diesel certainly is available anywher...

In GEAR » Best UL stove for use in random international places
February 22, 1:21am

Re: Best UL stove for use in random international places
I'd bring a mix of burners. There are burners that are so tiny and light, that they pale in comparison to the fuel you'll carry for any cooking task. For butane canisters, I've used t...

In GEAR » Best UL stove for use in random international places
February 22, 12:00am

Re: Rocks, shmocks...
>"If there's an engineer or someone fluent with the math of thermodynamics" DavidG: I very much appreciate you actually testing the pie-tin set up. One good experiment blows an...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Whats your SUL Cook Set-Up Grams/Milliliter %
February 21, 11:35pm

Re: Bad Food in the Parks...
A contract to the concessionaire is in many ways a license to over-charge and under-serve. They concessionaire has no competition, only their own, other operations - the general store, the snack b...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Bad Food in the Parks...
February 21, 6:19pm

Pot Pie Pan
> "I think the ones used for chicken pot pies might work." Ian, That was my thought, too. They definitely still sell them. A little deeper, smaller overall, easier to pour from...

February 21, 2:45pm

Data
Pop tarts, 200 calories, 50 grams, 4.0 calories/gram: Oatmeal: 150 calories, 40 grams, 3.75 calories/gram: Advantage: Pop tarts. But only by 7%. A pat of butter on the oatmeal, and it...

February 20, 9:44pm

Re: Field test with cozy
>"it did not start without a little warming, which was achieved by wafting my warm breath over the top part of the canister. . .for about 1.5 minutes" I like to direct the flame of...

In Make Your Own Gear » Jetboil cold weather heat exchanger
February 20, 9:28am

All Reader Reviews by David Thomas

David Thomas has posted no reviews.