Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

David Thomas (DavidinKenai) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale North Woods. Far North.
About Me David Thomas has not added a biography yet.
CityKenai
StateAlaska
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Thomas

Showing 141 - 150 of 2665 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...267

Forum » Thread

Re: Single AA battery headlamps
I know what you mean about 3xAAA lights - more expensive per watt-hour and often harder to find. And three always leaves you with one extra battery after buying 2-packs or 3-packs (not a problem ...

In GEAR » Single AA battery headlamps
September 17, 11:56am

Re: the string thingie on mittens
Definitely, no one runs the Iditarod without them.

In GEAR » Total luxury XUL (SUL) is now possible
September 16, 11:25pm

Clothing
No need to be insulting. I'd say it like this: Until, on the coldest night you plan for, you are wearing all your clothes inside your sleep system, you could bring less clothing. The exc...

In GEAR » Total luxury XUL (SUL) is now possible
September 16, 2:03pm

Re: mtns
>" I am familiar to Midland water, thats where the inlaws live ;). will a filter help the awful water?" A particulate filter won't help the taste. Granular activated carbon wil...

In Pre-Trip Planning » guadalupe mountains
September 16, 11:34am

Re: Re: Ice Axe Question
>"but it is not supposed to be a walking stick." I differ on that. On vertical ice, you want a shorter ax because you're swinging it like a hammer to plant the pick and/or driv...

In GEAR » Ice Axe Question
September 16, 11:19am

Re: Re: Re: Looking for New Product Feedback- Camp Chairs
The REI version that Andrew posted a pic of ain't UL. 18 ounces. I don't see how they can make it weigh that much. 22-inch legs, 15-inch height in use, aluminum legs. I've made them...

In GEAR » Looking for New Product Feedback- Camp Chairs
September 14, 9:59pm

Re: Re: Packraft dynamics
> or sliding down a river which comprises a very large ramp? Consider the extreme case of boating over a waterfall (do NOT try this at home, kids): Are you "sliding" over the surfa...

In Packrafting » Packraft dynamics
September 14, 1:08pm

Re: BIG rocks
Piper's title of "Big Rocks" reminds me: you can use old rock-climbing techniques on top of a granite surface or along vertical granite. A pebble in a loop of string can function as...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Stake techniques
September 14, 9:21am

Re: Vocation vs Avocation
When my vocation was my avocation (working in a backpacking shop, teaching ski lessons, leading week-long trips in the Sierra), I didn't earn a lot. I lived like a college student (or at home)...

In On the Web » Vocation vs Avocation
September 13, 11:39pm

Re: Which Zebralight should I get?
For a PCT thru hike, I'd get H502w L2 AA Flood Headlamp Neutral White, especially if you wear it at waist level for hiking (try it if you haven't, because bumps and dips show much more reli...

In GEAR » Which Zebralight should I get?
September 13, 4:41pm

All Reader Reviews by David Thomas

David Thomas has posted no reviews.