Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

David Thomas (DavidinKenai) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale North Woods. Far North.
About Me David Thomas has not added a biography yet.
CityKenai
StateAlaska
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Thomas

Showing 141 - 150 of 2904 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...291

Forum » Thread

"Always bet on black" -Wesley Snipes
White absorbs less heat but emits less heat, too. Black absorbs more heat, but it emits more heat back to the environment: Generally, local people seem to use black with more insulation u...

In GEAR » wearing dark colors in the hot sun?
February 04, 8:33pm

Water in, water out. Food in, food out.
I missed the 10 liters of water. Glad Sumi caught it. While keeping the weight off your daughter's back is the highest priority, keeping your load reasonable is necessary, too. >"I...

In Gear Lists » Newbie Help/Input
February 04, 8:22pm

Getting the stuff out of the end of the tube
Pro-tip from a sea kayaker: tie a string to the first cotton ball you put into any tube. Just like you tie a line on the first stuff sack you toss into the bow of your kayak so you can later e...

In GEAR » Ultralight water-resistant seal rigid plastic containers?
February 04, 3:16pm

Lacto-ova. So to speak.
I'd feel comfortable taking pre-cracked eggs in those breast-milk bags. If you or your wife have never pumped milk and schlepped it all over town for various feeding times, you have no idea ho...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Breast Milk Bags
February 04, 11:22am

Ultralight water-resistant seal rigid plastic containers?
Some M&Ms in the candy aisle come in a nice, sturdy plastic tube with a flip top that seals pretty securely. I've used one to transport human remains (ashes) around the world to scatter a ...

In GEAR » Ultralight water-resistant seal rigid plastic containers?
February 04, 11:08am

Re: Glass?
Glass bottles can get a little exciting when heated unevenly. I'd suggest staying with Pyrex kitchenware or lab equipment and still heating it as uniformly as you can.

In GEAR » Small Metal Bottle?
February 04, 8:41am

Re: Small Metal Bottle?
Sigg makes aluminum water bottles down to 0.3-liter in size.

February 04, 8:29am

Re: Small Metal Bottle?
I often see metal hip flasks (4-6 ounce capacity) in discount stores. Maybe search for an aluminum version. Those 12-ounce metal beer "bottles" are a nice gauge - pretty light but quite ...

February 04, 8:18am

Re: Grocery store bags
>"grocery store plastic bags as anchors" They win for low weight and cost (if you're not going to harvest local sticks). But it's hard to be LNT when they freeze into the s...

In GEAR » Recommend me a snow anchor and attachment device
February 03, 8:55pm

Re: Bobcat Pair Courting
(Speaking as someone who's met 4 GFs and my wife on the trail), that boy has to change his game. Whenever I scratch my temple with my foot, the girl I'm chatting up loses interest. Grea...

In Photo Gallery » Bobcat Pair Courting
February 03, 8:42pm

All Reader Reviews by David Thomas

David Thomas has posted no reviews.