Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

David Thomas (DavidinKenai) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale North Woods. Far North.
About Me David Thomas has not added a biography yet.
CityKenai
StateAlaska
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Thomas

Showing 141 - 150 of 3129 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...313

Forum » Thread

Re: re: REI numbers/dates
Wikipedia says 11.6 million members. 5.1 million of whom are active. Currently membership cost $20.

In GEAR » Never buying from REI again
May 10, 12:56pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Whineoram
564XXX from 1977 or 1978. I've returned some things over the years. A $5 toothbrush that melted in my car. Shoes that didn't fit the kids (my own shoes, I check the fit in the shoe befo...

May 10, 5:55am

Re: Advice on Zion Narrows in June?
That's one of the few trips where I'd bring two pairs of shoes - both low cut trail runners or maybe one of them beater running shoes for the river portion ( plus wool or synthetic socks.) ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Advice on Zion Narrows in June?
May 09, 5:33am

Re: Pack Lids as fanny packs
My wife has had two packs like that. IMO, they make lousy lids and lousy fanny packs. And are too heavy. Get a 2.4 ounce Sea-to-Summit daypack or the cheaper 4 ounce Bear Gyrlis one off of eBay...

In Multiple Use Gear » Pack Lids as fanny packs
May 07, 6:11am

Re: Never buying from REI again
You "work hard for your money", unlike the rest of us who place ads on Craigslist offering our giggilo services whenever we want new gear. You complain pretty hard, too. If the time y...

May 07, 6:05am

there are phone cameras and then there are. . .

In Photography » The Great Cellphone Camera Challenge!
May 06, 9:17am

Pockets? You don't need no stinkin' pockets!
>"Pockets?" I'll go out on a limb and guess those zippers on each side indicate two pockets. Watching their video indicates pretty long zippers. But the review was prett...

In GEAR » I'm ashamed of you, BPL'ers
May 05, 5:16pm

Re: Phone photos
March 2012, Red Rock Canyon outside of Las Vegas, rock climbing and scrambling with my daughter.

In Photography » The Great Cellphone Camera Challenge!
May 03, 11:07pm

Re: what's the deal with upf shirts?
As a Celt, I've got very sun-sensitive skin. I've gotten second-degree sunburns (blisters, plasma oozing through the skin for days afterwards) at elevation before there were good, moderate...

In GEAR » what's the deal with upf shirts?
May 03, 7:09pm

Re: DIY multi-use
We've got some thin to very thin plastic cutting boards around the house. They would make a reasonable chess board, if you used a laundry marker to draw a chess board on one side. If your pac...

In GEAR » Chess in the Backcountry
May 03, 1:54pm

All Reader Reviews by David Thomas

David Thomas has posted no reviews.