BPL Community Profile

David Thomas (DavidinKenai) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale North Woods. Far North.
About Me David Thomas has not added a biography yet.
CityKenai
StateAlaska
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Thomas

Showing 141 - 150 of 2287 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...229

Forum » Thread

Re: Backpackable Wood Stoves: Theory and Ultralight Application
I haven't taken this plunge (in-tent wood stove) yet, but I can imagine it in my future. I've seen enough great-white-hunter gear with canvas wall tents heated with a cast-iron or heavy-ga...

In Editor's Roundtable » Backpackable Wood Stoves: Theory and Ultralight Application
February 05, 11:47am

Re: Re: Re: Suggestions For a Freeze Dryer
That eHow link is goofy. It is not about how to freeze-dry, but how to flash-freeze. And rather expensively at that, since you'd need to buy dry ice for all the items you freeze. To free...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Suggestions For a Freeze Dryer
February 04, 5:32pm

Re: suing medical people
On two points: Jennifer: I've always appreciated your evidence-based posts and how (like my wife's medical practice or my engineering) you always seem to be asking yourself, "What ...

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Injury forum
February 04, 5:18pm

Re: Re: Injury forum
What?!? Roger, You and I dispense free engineering advice every day. I'm licensed to do so, but only in three states. Not sure about you. I'm pretty darn sure that most people offering o...

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Injury forum
February 03, 10:53pm

Re: Shipping Cost?
Look what LLBean, etc do for containers: For clothing, it's in a plastic bag. That really minimizes weight. For estimating shipping cost, well, estimate. Work $3 for small and $5 for larg...

In Gear Swap » Shipping Cost?
January 28, 1:33pm

Re: Grand Canyon?
Valerie, Thanks. I thought about it. A bit more driving, likely icy at the rim, then clear trails for a far as we wanted to go. Any sense of trail-corridor campground availability? I assume ph...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Current trail conditions in Zion? Or nearby.
January 27, 7:11pm

Current trail conditions in Zion? Or nearby.
BPLers, a few years ago, I established a tradition of asking my wife to take 1-2 days off for her birthday or, this year, for Valentine's Day and she does not get input, prior knowledge, nor an...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Current trail conditions in Zion? Or nearby.
January 27, 2:29pm

Re: scary furry encounter
We stayed in Signature Tent Cabin 936 in Curry Village for a hike up Half Dome with our (then) 7 and 12 year olds. 2 weeks later the NPS calls to say there has been been a second round of Hanta ill...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Horror Stories
January 27, 1:45am

Re: Re: Look who just went through security
Mark: the particular bits that were shaved reminded me of. . . oh, never mind, Australian moderators are awake at this hour. Greg: In the late 80's someone would show up for the ceremonial ...

In On the Web » Canine thru-hike of CDT
January 27, 1:36am

Re: Looking for Recomendations for Shorts
Patagonia Baggie shorts are hiking shorts, swim suits, and suffice around town. You can't kill them or even tear them. A friend sharpened his metal-edged skis so much he shaved his leg in a fal...

In GEAR » Looking for Recomendations for Shorts
January 27, 1:27am

All Reader Reviews by David Thomas

David Thomas has posted no reviews.