Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Chris Lucas (ChemE) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale SC
About Me Chris Lucas has not added a biography yet.
CityColumbia
StateSC
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListSUL 3-Season Full Comfort

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Chris Lucas

Showing 141 - 150 of 256 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

Forum » Thread

Ibex Instead
Sorry BPL you design AWESOME gear but your follow through is lacking. You can elect to wait indefinitely for the item to come back into stock or you could purchase this instead. As a bonus my men...

In GEAR » Where is the BPL merino hoody?
November 25, 6:32am

Jig
Having not yet tried this please take my idea with a grain of salt, but if doing long straight sections I would not hesitate to first set up a jig or at least a fence which would hold down the cube...

In Make Your Own Gear » Cuben Stuffsack - Bonded
November 21, 6:38am

Re: Carbon - aluminum - titanium
I haven’t bent the stays in my prototype so carbon fiber would do as well, but then I’m back to square one (don’t know where to buy this). Why then just ask! We gear geeks always know whe...

In Make Your Own Gear » Titanium tubes
November 19, 5:27pm

Titanium Joe
Titanium Joe

In Make Your Own Gear » Titanium tubes
November 19, 12:24pm

CT3.5K.18 = 1.26 oz/yd²
I pointed out to Joe a few weeks ago that we got the data from CT and the CT3.5K.18 that everyone was referring to actually weighs 1.26 oz/yd². He changed his website that same day.

In GEAR » Cuben pants and shirt?
November 19, 6:40am

Tape Weight
Speaking of tape weight, has anyone found anything thinner than the 3M 9485? It is 5 mils and the Venture 1163 is 6.5 mils. Anyone know how thick the Quest tape is? I know thin coatings like H...

In Make Your Own Gear » Cuben Stuffsack - Bonded
November 18, 4:02pm

Suluk 46 Gear
http://www.suluk46.com/products%20%20-%20P7%20CR%20Bivy.html + http://www.suluk46.com/RandD%20-%20RD7%20Cuben%20Fiber%20Tarp.html Gives you full protection at 4.7 ounces. The N2 isn't for...

In Gear Deals » Tarp for survival
November 17, 8:00pm

Crown NEXT Denatured Alcohol
Lowes sells this by the quart for $6.88 making it by far the cheapest source of 95% ethanol that I am aware of. It can be found in the paint section with the other solvents. Here is the MSDS ...

In GEAR » New to UL Alcohol Stoves.
November 17, 3:55pm

Slim
I'm 5'6" 125 lb [male] and for me the [men's] small is nice and snug which is precisely what I wanted. This is a fantastic garment and keeps me warm down to 45F and it is tolerabl...

In GEAR » Fit of Ibex Indie Hoody for men and women?
November 16, 5:11am

Re: Waterproof
How about a 0.74 oz/yd cuben that has the same 0.18 mylar membrane? Very nice test as well, thanks for sharing with us!

In Make Your Own Gear » cuben tent
November 08, 6:58pm

All Reader Reviews by Chris Lucas

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Extremely Light Down Jacket
So Santa brought me a men's small for Christmas. The fit for me is perfect. I'm 5'6" 130 pounds and typically wear a 14.5 32-33 dress shirt. I have full range of motion in this siz...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
December 25, 3:16pm

Patagonia Capilene 1 T-Shirt
Men's Size small: 114 grams Dries completely in a few hours and is very soft and comfortable. Of course, since it is synthetic it stinks to high heaven after two days of light use.

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
June 12, 9:39am