BPL Community Profile

Barry P (BarryP) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Eastern Idaho (moved from Midwest)
About Me Electrical Engineer by trade. Hobbies include recumbent bike riding, magic, piano, music compostion and of course backpacking.

Backpack monthly with scouts or other small group. Love the exercise and alertness it brings. Ray Way caught my eye in 2001. My load lightened. Because of that, able to go faster, farther, AND still smell the roses. Love the lightweight insight on this forum. I'm also a Teva sandal backpacker. My feet love them.
StateID
My PDF Gear ListBarry's Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Barry P

Showing 141 - 150 of 350 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...35

Forum » Thread

Re: Different winter footwear suggestions?
Ah, the Midwest. In the cool months there I wear my Teva sandal, coolmax liner, wool sock, and then large Seal Skinz over that. If it was going to stay below 30F all the time, then I don my winte...

In GEAR » Different winter footwear suggestions?
July 24, 11:02am

Re: Baselayer vs Sleeping bag liner
“If you guys recommend a baselayer can you point me in the direction of something inexpensive?” Yea this post is last year but we can always add more info. I’ve been loving my Terramar’...

In GEAR » Baselayer vs Sleeping bag liner
July 23, 3:07pm

Re: orikaso vs. fozzils vs. Coleman foldable bowls
Sometimes I bring a Fozzil bowl. Sometimes I don’t. And when I don’t, I sure miss it. I always do freezer bag cooking. The Fozzil becomes my bag cozy. It’s stiff and holds the floppy Ziploc ...

In GEAR » orikaso vs. fozzils vs. Coleman foldable bowls
June 13, 2:38pm

Re: searching for a light alcohol stove
“Or are there any other options with a simular weight I should have a look on?” Mechanic Mike makes some excellent stoves. My cousins use these and they are similar to what I use. They don...

In GEAR » searching for a light alcohol stove
June 12, 10:29am

Re: Window shrink insulation as ground cloth? Same as Gossamer Gear Polycryo?
“Should I go for the "inside" or "outside" window kit and why?” The ‘outside’ version is thicker and heavier than the ‘inside’ version. The ‘outside’ versio...

In GEAR » Window shrink insulation as ground cloth? Same as Gossamer Gear Polycryo?
June 07, 1:07pm

Re: Four wind shirts to choose from. Help me pick...
My vote would be your NF Verto http://www.rei.com/product/809971/the-north-face-verto-jacket-mens That looks amazing at 3.2oz! My most used gear is my obsolete Marmot wind jacket at 3.5 oz. I lov...

In GEAR » Four wind shirts to choose from. Help me pick...
May 23, 4:20pm

Re: One Man Tent for Sale
It packs a big volume and head height is a little short for my comfort. Not to mention there are lighter weight tents. So to pay your price makes me do a looooong pause. Sorry, -Barry

In Gear Swap » FS Smoking Deal on Sierra Desings Stash 1
May 18, 12:41pm

Re: Tent recommendations
I have the Double Rainbow and Rainshadow (1st generation). My wife likes the dome shape of the Rainbow so she can sit up with head in the center. But she PREFERS the greater space in the Rainshado...

In GEAR » Tent recommendations
May 16, 12:13pm

Re: Lightest 10 day stove
“What is the lightest fuel powered (alcohol, butane, esbit, etc.) stove setup for 10 days assuming 1/2 liter is boiled twice a day.” Assume canister 3x more efficient than alcy. I made a spr...

In GEAR » Lightest 10 day stove
May 08, 4:16pm

Tarptent Virga Re: Gear closet cleanout: TNF, TT, LH, POE, SD, ... – cooking, sleeping, tents etc.
PM sent -Barry

In Gear Swap » Gear closet cleanout: GSI, TNF, TT, LH, POE, SD, Kookabay ... – cooking, sleeping, tents etc.
May 08, 1:02pm

All Reader Reviews by Barry P

Barry P has posted no reviews.