BPL Community Profile

Andy F (AndyF) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Midwest/Midatlantic
About Me Andy F has not added a biography yet.
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListWet-cold winter

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Andy F

Showing 141 - 150 of 1260 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...126

Forum » Thread

Re: Advice for a hardshell for early spring and late fall.
I'm really just saying what others have said differently, but ideally you need a soft shell and a hard shell for that temp range. Maybe around 20-25F is the starting lower range for using a har...

In GEAR » Advice for a hardshell for early spring and late fall.
April 03, 8:57am

Re: Rain Protection
I use either DriDucks or an eVENT Packa. The Packa is almost three times the weight. (I always use a pack liner on the inside of the pack anyway.) I can't decide which I like better. Constant r...

In GEAR » Rain Protection
March 28, 8:31am

Re: The final theory for the final decision...
A bag-style VBL is going to make it tricky to use insulated clothing very effectively. You can't wear insulated clothing inside the VBL because it will become wet, degrading the insulation valu...

In GEAR » Extreme winter sleeping bag system advice?
March 26, 12:51pm

Re: Gränsfors-Bruks Mini Hatchet Review
I like the pack.

In Editor's Roundtable » Gränsfors-Bruks Mini Hatchet Review
March 26, 10:45am

Re: Backpacking solo
"When in doubt, bail out. I've cut short many trips when multiple signs were pointing the wrong way. Like the morning I woke up with a bloody nose, giant blisters on both feet, and snow fa...

In Philosophy & Technique » Backpacking solo
March 25, 10:30am

Re: Seam Sealing tent, weather timing questions
I'd do it inside with the windows open and a dropcloth on the floor. Use additional cordage (just whatever you have laying around) as anchor cords (tied to or around furniture, window locks, st...

In GEAR » Seam Sealing tent, weather timing questions
March 24, 11:58am

Re: Recommendation for a new sleeping bag
Get her a down MontBell or Marmot bag, paying attention to the EN-rating for women. Marmot is probably the best quality for the money if you can find one on sale, but MontBell can sometimes be had ...

In GEAR » Recommendation for a new sleeping bag
March 23, 4:01pm

Re: Water purification alternatives?
The only other alternative I can think of is source selection: pick your water carefully, and just drink it without any treatment. Springs are the safest source, but still not without risk. I'v...

In GEAR » Water purification alternatives?
March 23, 3:51pm

Re: Where to buy an ultralight 2 gram finger tooth brush?
2 grams is 2 grams too much. ;-) http://www.deltadentalidblog.com/original-tooth-brushing-habits-of-native-americans/

In GEAR » Where to buy an ultralight 2 gram finger tooth brush?
March 23, 3:43pm

Re: favorite stakes
None. I like to use sticks found at the campsite. Sometimes I sharpen the ends if needed depending on soil conditions.

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » favorite stakes
March 20, 11:38am

All Reader Reviews by Andy F

Andy F has posted no reviews.