BPL Community Profile

Andy F (AndyF) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Andy F hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Andy F has not added a biography yet.
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListWet-cold winter

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Andy F

Showing 141 - 150 of 1128 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...113

Forum » Thread

Re: Looking to go lighter still
Ken, Make two gear lists. One of them is what you need to survive without breaking laws or putting yourself in danger. The other is extras--what you like to have with you on a trip. Go on two da...

In Gear Lists » Looking to go lighter still
September 11, 9:02am

Re: Newbie With Questions
I have or have tried numerous tents, including TT Moment, Scarp 2, Hogback, and the Golite Shangrila 3 to which I sewed in detachable netting to make it like a tarptent. I still use the Scarp 2 and...

In GEAR » Newbie With Questions
September 10, 10:43am

Re: marmot hydrogen or mont bell ul ss #3
I agree with all of the above comments. I have the MB SS #3, which I purchased last year. It seems to be accurately rated, and has awesome DWR! I read that the heavier Hydrogen is a bit warmer, so ...

In GEAR » marmot hydrogen or mont bell ul ss #3
September 10, 10:32am

Re: What is your SUL sleep system?
1.6 oz polycro (if not using tent) 8.3 oz Ridgerest 20x48 inches 21 oz Montbell SS UL #3 down bag (30F EN tested) This is good down to 30F, a little lower if I carry and wear a jacket. I&#...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » What is your SUL sleep system?
September 10, 8:09am

Re: Thanks!
"As for footwear I would be using my goosefeet socks with my hiking shoes sitting at camp and the bread bags as a waterproof/VB layer either outside or inside my sock depending on weather, if ...

In Gear Lists » White Mtns. (shoulder seasons) advice please
September 08, 10:31am

Re: White Mtns. (shoulder seasons) advice please
I'd probably be cold with that gear except while hiking. I'm a warm sleeper and generally the lightest dressed while hiking and around camp. I'm thinking it's going to be 15-20 a...

In Gear Lists » White Mtns. (shoulder seasons) advice please
September 07, 2:49pm

Mark, try a Ridgerest 3/4 length pad first just because it's one of the cheapest and lightest options. I have a nice inflatable pad (full length Exped SynMat UL7), but I'm playing with goin...

September 07, 8:15am

Sold
sold and shipped to Jeff

In Gear Swap » Tarptent Moment with optional liner
September 06, 8:07pm

For that price, your best shelter for fall/winter in that area is probably an 8x10 silnylon flat tarp. Learning to pitch it in different conditions and sites is an ongoing thing--might as well get ...

September 06, 9:16am

Re: not reliable
"The last time I went OPSAK-only, a raccoon promptly dragged away all our food." Did your food bag contain tortilla chips? Once while car camping, I left the tortilla chips sitting ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Opsack instead of hanging food
September 05, 1:41pm

All Reader Reviews by Andy F

Andy F has posted no reviews.