BPL Community Profile

Andy F (AndyF) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Midwest/Midatlantic
About Me Andy F has not added a biography yet.
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListWet-cold winter

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Andy F

Showing 141 - 150 of 1281 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...129

Forum » Thread

Re: First time filter user.
Another factor to consider is blue-green algae contamination, which makes the water toxic. As a general rule, avoid any water which has a color. Tea-colored water is generally ok though, as long as...

In GEAR » First time filter user.
May 04, 8:58pm

Re: Stream crossing and washing your socks - at the same time :)
Reading this thread has convinced me that I should always filter my water. :)

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Stream crossing and washing your socks - at the same time :)
May 03, 11:00pm

TP
I only eat constipating foods on trips so that I won't need TP. Kidding... really I'm another natural materials fan, although I do use wet wipes as the final stage to avoid monkey butt...

In GEAR » TOILET PAPER
May 03, 10:56pm

Re: Seam Seal Job
I fingerpaint it on while wearing vinyl gloves. I do it outside if possible, but I've also done it in the garage or unfinished basement. I always get at least a few drips on the ground. Wipe dr...

In GEAR » Seam Seal Job
May 02, 8:15am

Re: Exos 58 + Mora
Nice! Someone at Osprey must be really thinking to put Mora pockets on the pack! ;-) Are you able to remove it from the sheath easily and safely? I have a Mora #1 which I usually carry in the pa...

In GEAR » Exos 58 + Mora
May 02, 7:55am

Re: DWR?
I'd wash and dry it like Dave said. If that doesn't work, I was very happy with Granger's wash-in DWR on a pair of old heavy rain pants. I thought it worked better than the Nikwax stuff...

In GEAR » DWR?
April 30, 7:47am

bear line tangle prevention
This works well, although still not tangle proof: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4ygs2VMNzI Even better but a little slower is to tie the two ends together, keep folding over the cord in ...

In Gear Lists » Summer 2014
April 23, 8:53am

Re: Brand new Synmat UL 7 won't hold air.
Check for bits of plastic in the valve which prevent it from making a seal. It might be easier to fix than to return if that's the cause.

In GEAR » Brand new Synmat UL 7 won't hold air.
April 22, 1:41pm

Re: Summer 2014
Never been out west myself, but here are my thoughts. Remove? * any extra clothing not needed for warmth, except for 1 extra pair of socks for sleeping * camp shoes Add? * fire ignition de...

In Gear Lists » Summer 2014
April 21, 8:49am

Re: I've crossed over the river to a new level of gearhead status
Uh oh! The downward spiral has begun. ;-) It's too bad that cooking on a fire is lighter. And not cooking at all is lighter still. Not eating is even lighter than that. :-)

In GEAR » I've crossed over the river to a new level of gearhead status
April 18, 3:15pm

All Reader Reviews by Andy F

Andy F has posted no reviews.