Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 141 - 150 of 12436 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...1244

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Sick on olancha
"Totally unpredictable." That might be overstating the case. I would say that it is rather unpredictable. I know one man who works for a government agency, and his job involves trav...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » JMT and Altitude Sickness
March 10, 10:20pm

Re: Denali National Park
Mile 12.5 should be somewhere around the Savage River Campground. With some snow on the ground, I would not expect there to be many excellent trails. However, NPS has some trail cameras up on the t...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Denali National Park
March 10, 8:45pm

Re: RE: JMT and Altitude Sickness
"You will also adjust over time as your body manufactures more white cells." Valerie, I'm sure that you didn't mean white cells. Did you mean red cells? Well, your body isn&...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » JMT and Altitude Sickness
March 10, 7:11pm

Re: Taking fresh meats on hikes - how long does it last?
On a backpacking trip, there are too many things over which I have no control. The one thing that I don't want to have to worry about is food spoilage. So, I carry forms of meat that have a bit...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Taking fresh meats on hikes - how long does it last?
March 08, 6:16pm

Re: How do I waterproofing a tent
I assume that you really want a family tent that large. First of all, you want to establish where the leak actually is. If the leak is in one seam, then a fraction of a tube of silicone seam sea...

In Make Your Own Gear » How do I waterproofing a tent
March 08, 5:41pm

Re: Gear
When I was in the Army, nearly all of the gear belonged to Uncle Sam, so we did not have any huge motivation to take care of it much. Stuff was sitting out in the snow and rain a lot. When we finis...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Showing an Afghan vet my UL gear today
March 08, 2:29pm

Re: banner/ritter
Years ago, a buddy and I had hiked over from Waugh Lake to Lake Catherine. We walked up the glacier to the Ritter-Banner saddle. At that point, my buddy liked the looks of Banner, so he went that w...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Mammoth to Yosemite Valley via SHR
March 08, 2:23pm

Re: Mammoth to Yosemite Valley via SHR
Even the trails around there are rough. For example, Red Peak Pass. One time 25 years ago, everybody was bitching about how overused and overrun everyplace in Yosemite had become. I went out to ...

March 08, 1:30pm

Ritter Lakes are on the west side of Mount Ritter. Lake Catherine is on the north side of it. One standard route goes from Lake Catherine up the glacier to the Ritter-Banner Saddle, and then up the...

March 07, 11:24pm

From the Lyell Fork (not Lyle Fork), you can descend pretty easily to the High Trail. Once you cross it going west, it'll get a lot tougher getting down to the Triple Peak Fork (not the Triple ...

March 07, 10:36pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.