BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 141 - 150 of 11196 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...1120

Forum » Thread

Re: Sock liner?
Thirty years ago it seemed like everybody wore thin liner socks with heavy outer socks, and we didn't get many blisters. For the last five years, I have skipped the liner socks and went with me...

In GEAR » Sock liner?
July 23, 11:50pm

Re: Re: Avoiding nasty hiking partners...
Back in the old days when I led group trips, I never had much of a problem with nasty people. I did have the occasional problem with one or another when they couldn't cut the mustard, so to spe...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Avoiding nasty hiking partners...
July 23, 5:11pm

Re: Backup fire starter
If the weather is cold, then the butane in both lighters may be too cold to work. When most people apply a backup system, they choose an item with a different technology. For example, matches to...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Do you carry a backup fire starter? What and Why or Why Not?
July 23, 3:22pm

Re: Re: Re: quilt for Whitney in Sept
By the way, Trail Camp is where nearly everybody camps. If you look around, you might find a spot in the rocks that is twenty feet below Trail Camp proper, and you stand a better chance of avoiding...

In GEAR » Quilt for Mt. Whitney high camp
July 23, 2:23pm

Re: DeLorme inReach SE
The product manager came alive, but there is still no resolution. Edit: Now Customer Service has found a billing error, and now they need to look for more. For those of you who pay for the in...

In GEAR » DeLorme inReach SE
July 23, 12:42pm

Re: quilt for Whitney in Sept
"Bob do you think the 20* would be sufficient then?" I would think that is a practical target. My normal summer sleeping bag is rated for 30*F. Instead of having a different 20*F ba...

In GEAR » Quilt for Mt. Whitney high camp
July 23, 12:35pm

Re: Re: John Muir Trail Record Attempt 22-July
They emerged from that stall and are continuing up toward Glen Pass. The trail is a bit rough in there, so I hope that they have powerful headlamps for the night. --B.G.--

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » John Muir Trail Record Attempt 22-July
July 23, 12:12am

DeLorme inReach SE
We've had some good discussions about this satellite communicator and its plusses and minuses. One word of warning that I have to add. Do not expect to get your inquiries to the main office ...

In GEAR » DeLorme inReach SE
July 22, 11:39pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: See Krissy and Jen Run
Interesting, isn't it? There are several criss-crossing trails around there. They might have misnavigated in the dark. Or, they may have had to duck off to Charlotte Lake to pick up a food p...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » John Muir Trail Record Attempt 22-July
July 22, 11:24pm

Re: Re: Re: John Muir Trail Record Attempt 22-July
"SPOT took a break." It kind of makes you wonder, doesn't it? I could understand if that terrain had lots of heavy tree cover, but it doesn't. --B.G.--

July 22, 6:24pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.