Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 141 - 150 of 12731 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...1274

Forum » Thread

Re: JMT Clothing Question
"However, I honestly have no concept of the temperatures during that time of the year." Is that a good way to plan a long trip like that? It seems like we hear this same question of...

In GEAR » JMT Clothing Question
May 05, 5:37pm

Re: Costs
The way it used to be... In national parks like Yosemite, if somebody got badly injured in the backcountry and needed a helicopter, the park service first did some checking. If the victim was le...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » The Air Ambulance Story Continues
May 05, 5:25pm

Re: Re: The Air Ambulance Story Continues
"Ambulance services in Australia, including air lift, are all free. But we are a poor country." Maybe that signifies cause and effect. --B.G.--

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » The Air Ambulance Story Continues
May 05, 3:35pm

Re: Re: Mystery Picture
"That's a badger mean-mugging me from her den." I couldn't figure out what it was, either, based on the fuzzy photo. Now that you say it is a badger, I can see it clearly en...

In Photography » EDC camera
May 04, 5:07pm

Re: Re: Leaving bear canister with food in car in SEKI
In my opinion, the blue woven tarp is more of a multi-use item than a bale of chicken wire, and it fits into my car trunk a lot better. --B.G.--

In Pre-Trip Planning » Leaving bear canister with food in car in SEKI
May 03, 7:36pm

Re: Re: Re: Gear List: Goal of 10lb Base Weight
Eric, a suggestion: While you are at home, maybe you have a porch, patio, or back yard. Practice sleeping outside. Start with whatever minimum shelter you think that you deserve, and then gra...

In Gear Lists » Gear List: Goal of 10lb Base Weight
May 02, 10:28pm

Re: BRS-3000T stove
Good Grief! That burner is tiny. This one weighs 25 grams, but the way that it folds up for transport is amazing. --B.G.--

In Editor's Roundtable » BRS-3000T stove Spotlite Review
May 02, 10:22pm

Re: Gear List: Goal of 10lb Base Weight
One idea to consider: Trim out some of the excess grams, and you may discover that you have lightened up by ounces. Trim out some of the excess ounces, and you may discover that you have lighten...

In Gear Lists » Gear List: Goal of 10lb Base Weight
May 02, 10:18pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Smartphone/GPS/Camera question
"That one has gotten good reviews and it can do maps" Be very careful with "do maps." Some devices have topo maps preloaded, but the map detail is moderate to poor. Some d...

In GEAR » Smartphone/GPS/Camera question
May 01, 10:32pm

Re: Re: Smartphone/GPS/Camera question
Ken, by acquisition time, you may be referring to Time To First Fix (TTFF). There are variations. TTFF Cold means from the time you turn the device on until it has a position fix. TTFF Warm means t...

In GEAR » Smartphone/GPS/Camera question
May 01, 9:55pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.