Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 141 - 150 of 12255 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...1226

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: waterproofing for fabrics
"The problem is that Nikwax is a rather strange (and probably unique) combination of wax and EVA. I believe it will adhere quite well to cotton and leather, and works moderately well on them.&...

In GEAR » waterproofing for fabrics
February 11, 12:55pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: waterproofing for fabrics
I haven't used any treatments like this for 30-35 years since the days of Scotchgard spray. Now people around here seem to mention ReviveX spray or else Nikwax wash-in. That may be just from im...

February 11, 12:51pm

Re: how to keep Canon camera batteries charged in the field
" I can't imagine using a battery a day with the 7D or is there that much of a difference with the 7D Mrk II? " Yes. I have an original 7D, and its battery usage is moderate. I wen...

In Photography » how to keep Canon camera batteries charged in the field
February 11, 12:37pm

how to keep Canon camera batteries charged in the field
I'm dealing with a bunch of LP-6E or LP-6EN camera batteries. I have the standard Canon charger, which is AC powered only. I have a generic charger, and it is powered by either AC or +12VDC. ...

In Photography » how to keep Canon camera batteries charged in the field
February 10, 10:02pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Great For Scouts
"Besides, on a per-gram basis, the little ones cost more." Dan, that was my statement, and now you have proven it. --B.G.--

In Gear Deals » Esbit Burner
February 10, 9:20pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: waterproofing for fabrics
Roger, you did not mention Nikwax anything. Yes, Gore has gone through several different generations of membrane, and it can be difficult to tell exactly where each garment came from. --B.G.--

February 10, 7:26pm

Re: Great For Scouts
Dan, the problem might be the fuel tablet size. Where I live, I can find standard 14-gram tablets in two different brands. However, I have never seen any 4-gram tablets around here. That's g...

In Gear Deals » Esbit Burner
February 10, 7:21pm

Re: Hmmmm...
In many MSR stoves that burn white gas, there is a fuel tube that connects the fuel bottle with the burner, and there is a piece of stranded wire cable inside there. Once the burner is hot, the cab...

In GEAR » MSR Whisperlite Universal flame control question (Roger Caffin please read)
February 10, 5:12pm

Re: Re: RE: Look what showed up at work today
Either clawed or de-clawed, it is still a beautiful animal. --B.G.--

In Photo Gallery » Look what showed up at work today
February 10, 4:31pm

Re: watah-pruuuf
Eric, I don't see ReviveX on that test chart. What's up with that? Is it unavailable for maple dollahs? Nikwax and ReviveX are the only two that I've heard of lately. In the ol...

February 10, 4:30pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.