BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 141 - 150 of 11083 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...1109

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: BPL's 78th Thread on TP
I realize that this can be a sensitive subject in a high-risk fire area. However, I have always found it effective to dig the proverbial cat hole, fill it, and burn the used TP in the hole. After f...

In Editor's Roundtable » Delmar's Poll
July 15, 3:39pm

Re: Hundreds of pounds of food, never lost several seasons SEKI
David, that is a good illustration. I tend to agree with your 65-foot length. I always found 50 to be too short and 100 was too long, so 65-70 was best. For a heavy food weight, more length is usef...

In GEAR » Best UL rope for food hanging/multi-purpose?
July 15, 3:29pm

Re: Snow
"Last September we were snowed on." A reminder. Lots of beginners are told that September is a pleasant time on the JMT, even around Mount Whitney. Some years ago, some newbies camped ...

In Gear Lists » Sept JMT Gear List
July 15, 3:17pm

Re: Zpacks Arc Blast: Max load carrying? --B.G.--
Sure. My load includes a Bearikade Scout full of food. The Blast is the 52L version. When loading up, I do it this way. In the bottom, there are two little soft cylindrical bundles. One is my sl...

In GEAR » Zpacks Arc Blast: Max load carrying?
July 15, 3:10pm

Re: re: shelter
First of all, I am not sure how you support your 10x10 tarp. Trekking poles work, if you have them. A ridgeline cord will work if you have trees to tie to. There are places along the JMT where you ...

July 15, 2:58pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: update on alky stoves on the JMT
"Bob, ya gotta get the big guys involved." Actually, no you don't, Dan. The Superintendent of a major national park is not going to come down to the ground level to show any int...

In GEAR » update on alky stoves on the JMT
July 15, 2:53pm

Re: Zpacks Arc Blast: Max load carrying?
I don't have an Arc Blast. I have the Blast. You would think that the slight frame of the Arc Blast would make it better than a Blast for weight-bearing. I just finished my second trip with ...

In GEAR » Zpacks Arc Blast: Max load carrying?
July 15, 2:14pm

Re: re:shelters
"a 10x10 flat tarp" That will do fine for the rain that falls vertically. However, you need to think about the horizontal stuff. Can you close two sides of this down to the ground? ...

July 15, 2:08pm

inReach
Oh, great! Now they are charging me for the free test messages. --B.G.--

In GEAR » inReach SE: No tracking points, no messages went through today!
July 15, 2:45am

Re: Re: update on alky stoves on the JMT
"The head guy should know the rules and regulations." Dan, this is only partially true. The NP Superintendent is going to know the rules for his own park, but he won't be able t...

In GEAR » update on alky stoves on the JMT
July 14, 10:55pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.