Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 141 - 150 of 11620 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...1162

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Mugbowl
Over 3 ounces, for a mug? Good Grief! Is it made of lead or depleted uranium? --B.G.--

In GEAR » Cant find a Mugbowl
November 04, 2:51pm

Re: M90 Dog Jacket
No cargo pockets? Doesn't a dog need to be able to carry its own collapsible dog bowl and dog treats? --B.G.--

In Make Your Own Gear » Dog Jacket
November 03, 1:20pm

Re: mugbowl
Sierra cups come in different sizes and different metals. Most are either stainless steel or titanium. Also consider the Cascade cup. It is similar, but the sides are somewhat more vertical. 16-...

November 03, 12:32pm

Re: $2 wax gasification stove
There is one application for this that might be relevant. Sometimes a backpacker needs to fly someplace to do a backpacking trip, but you can't take any normal stove fuels onboard an airliner. ...

In Make Your Own Gear » $2 wax gasification stove
November 03, 11:02am

Re: Re: light
For around camp at night, I've found that I want 5 to 20 lumens. I have used less than 5 lumens for something, but only rarely. Out on the trail at night, I normally want 20 to 50 lumens. Once ...

In GEAR » Head Lamp for Camp - Some night hiking
November 02, 10:23pm

Re: 24g pillow from shipping mailer
I have one of those also. I recognized that it would be very good for something, but I haven't figured out exactly what that is. I have no hamster. --B.G.--

In Make Your Own Gear » 24g pillow from shipping mailer
November 01, 6:20pm

Re: Parking
"Does that include established parking lots near ranger stations and such?" Exactly. The few ranger stations have already closed for the season. --B.G.--

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » At what point does the Tioga road get closed?
November 01, 3:21pm

Re: Oops
"Will have to play it by ear. I guess if things get bad we'll do something else." Regardless of the weather or the forecast, past October 15 you don't park anywhere in there wi...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » At what point does the Tioga road get closed?
November 01, 3:13pm

Re: WTB Tripod
Check out the Target stores. Most of them have one or two tripods that may work for you. One that I use is about 40" tall, has a QR, small pan-tilt head, and weighs around 17.5 ounces. Also, t...

In Gear Swap » WTB Tripod
October 31, 2:43pm

Re: But can you cook in it?
"But what about one that you can cook with/in?" That was not part of the OP's inquiry. --B.G.--

October 31, 12:27pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.