Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 141 - 150 of 11753 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...1176

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: What do you use to eat with in the backcountry?
Roger, do teeth count in your base weight? --B.G.--

In GEAR » What do you use to eat with in the backcountry?
November 25, 12:12am

Re: Idea for snowshoe/crampon/short ski combo? Any potential?
Why are you trying to reinvent the wheel? Get wide cross country skis with climbing skins and ski crampons (harsheisen). --B.G.--

In Make Your Own Gear » Idea for snowshoe/crampon/short ski combo? Any potential?
November 24, 10:23pm

Re: Weight?
The one that I sewed weighed slightly over 2.0 ounces. --B.G.--

In Multiple Use Gear » Silk sleeping bag liner?
November 24, 3:32pm

Re: Mississippi
While paddling on the river about a hundred miles north of St. Louis, you pass Hannibal, Missouri. That is the boyhood home of Mark Twain, and his childhood experiences on the river led to the subj...

In Post-Trip Reports » Canoeing Mississippi River
November 24, 1:01pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: GPS Drift
Think about the crew of a nuclear submarine. They can't rely purely on GPS, because they can't easily get a GPS fix when submerged. They can pop a trailing wire with GPS on the end, and it ...

In GEAR » GPS Advice - Recommendations
November 23, 9:04pm

Re: Re: GPS Drift
"LOL so it calibrates and is synched with the GPS but still not the map?" I can't parse your pronouns. "Now I'm really curious. I would hope that since the GPS has topo...

November 23, 7:28pm

Re: Aconcagua
"In 1982 I know there was none." For almost twenty years, there has been a seasonal ranger station at Plaza de Mulas on Aconcagua, elevation about 14,400'. For the last twenty y...

In Gear Lists » Aconcagua
November 23, 5:43pm

Re: Etrex 30 altitude
"I don't know if the Russian GLONASS satellites hurt or help this process, so it would be interesting to get some expert input on this." Prior to a few years ago, the Russians were...

November 23, 5:32pm

Re: Re: GPS Advice
Stuart showed an excellent example of what you see when multipath interference is in the mix. Now, if the human can study that track and figure out what is the practical solution, that is good. Som...

November 23, 5:25pm

Re: GPS Drift
"GPS altitudes are calculated differently from maps. So there's always a discrepancy to account for." Primarily that is because GPS altitudes are not calculated from maps. When ...

November 23, 5:20pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.