BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 141 - 150 of 10334 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...1034

Forum » Thread

Re: New! With Altitude!
"...then obviously they are Bob's fault." Hey, I don't have a dog in that fight. --B.G.--

In Make Your Own Gear » The Alcohol Stove “Efficiency Percentage” Test Thread
March 30, 11:06pm

Re: Lightest stuff sack/daypack?
First of all, if you are going up Whitney from Guitar Lake, which way are you departing? It sounds like you might be intending to exit by the Mount Whitney Trail and you have the correct exit pe...

In GEAR » Lightest stuff sack/daypack?
March 30, 11:04pm

Re: Altitude
There are charts which show the boiling point of water for different altitudes. I mean, if you are going to make this, then make it right. Or, put a disclaimer up front that it only applies to s...

March 30, 9:12pm

Re: =/
In early April, the conditions can vary a lot. Some roads will still be gated, and some of the ranger stations are still closed for winter. Some of the lower elevation trails are open. Of course th...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Sequoia in April
March 30, 9:10pm

Re: The Efficiency Percentage Calculation
I see your initial water temperature. Where is the final water temperature? The final water temperature will vary for altitude. I've seen water boil at 175*F. --B.G.--

March 30, 9:06pm

Re: Sequoia in April
"Has anyone been through Sequoia national park in early april?" I've been through Sequoia and Kings Canyon in early April. What kind of skis are you taking? --B.G.--

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Sequoia in April
March 30, 8:58pm

Re: OookWorks - caution advised
I don't know about the consumer laws in the U.K., but in the USA, the consumer laws (Federal Trade Commission) clearly state that the vendor must ship the order within 30 days or else they must...

In GEAR » OookWorks - caution advised
March 30, 8:55pm

Re: Re: Re: best photo hosting sites?
"I have been deep in the computing world since about 1970." Or, an IBM System 360 in 1968. --B.G.--

In Photography » best photo hosting sites?
March 30, 4:30pm

Re: NanoSeeUm? No thanks.
Imagine it if you were an insect. --B.G.--

In Make Your Own Gear » NanoSeeUm? No thanks.
March 30, 4:20pm

Re: Where is this?
"You post one." One what? Panoramic scenery, wildflowers, wildlife, rock arches? --B.G.--

In Photo Gallery » Where is this?
March 30, 2:22pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.